The simFlight Network Forums

Data Entry in a Window

Hello Folks,

studying the LUA Manuals from Pete. Found something about displaying a User Window. Unfortunally i didn't found anything about the Possibility to enter Data in a Window and work with them in my LUA-Script.

Do you have any Experience with such an Input-Window, where i can Key in some Informations to work with them further in my Script?

Thanks in Advance, Joachim 

Thanks for your fast Response, Pete.

Yes, i meant a transparent and undockable Window. The User should be able, to use the Keyboard for entering some Information like TakeOffRunway, Gate, LandingRunway, etc..

Hope, i could express the right Way, what i want to do?

Joachim

Well the transparent undockable type window doesn't provide for user input, though you could use it for menu selection and so on by checking for key or button responses., like the built-in FS program menu windows used by GSX and so on.

If you want the user to be able to type longer text entries you need to use ipc.ask, as I said. The ipc.ask facility window is different. Why not try it?

Pete