The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Acceleration crashes on exit with fsuipc error

FSX Acceleration crashes on exit, after a long flight finished, closed FSX then "windows has encoutered an error. This was in the windows log

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.5.5, time stamp: 0x5799fcc1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00088509
Faulting process id: 0x11bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ed04d42def0a
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll
Report Id: cbe1f4e0-6885-4135-901c-ae432e9e3a1f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am using win10 Pro, dx9, fsuipc 4.955g registered version. I looked at the fsuipc log file and I see no errors. What might be causing this? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, B77X said:

I looked at the fsuipc log file and I see no errors. What might be causing this?

Maybe something else running using FSUIPC after some of its services have finished.  Can you list what else you have running please, whether inside or outside FSX?

Is it consistent, or only happen once or occasionally?

Does the log finish abruptly? What are the last few lines?

Are you using ASE, ASN or AS16? Have you enabled the WX Radar feature in FSUIPC? If you are using Active Sky, does the error occur still if you close it before closing FSX?

Pete

28 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Maybe something else running using FSUIPC after some of its services have finished.  Can you list what else you have running please, whether inside or outside FSX?

Is it consistent, or only happen once or occasionally?

Does the log finish abruptly? What are the last few lines?

Are you using ASE, ASN or AS16? Have you enabled the WX Radar feature in FSUIPC? If you are using Active Sky, does the error occur still if you close it before closing FSX?

Pete

Latest build of ASN. Sorry I did not mention that.

I did not know there is a wx radar feature to enable, I only fly the PMDG aircraft.

Here is my log and ini files I commented out my email and other info

FSX crashes on exit after a long flight now every time.

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.ini

3 hours ago, B77X said:

Latest build of ASN. Sorry I did not mention that.

You are also using AES I think -- the log shows that.

3 hours ago, B77X said:

FSX crashes on exit after a long flight now every time.

Okay, but according to the log FSUIPC4 has terminated normally. I assume this is a log after one of the crashed?

I think the crash is only occurring because one of the other things you are running is not heeding the termination notice it would be getting and is still making calls into FSUIPC or SimConnect or elsewhere in FSX, and that is causing a crash which appears to be in FSUIPC because FSX is not unloaded quite yet. FSUIPC's code doesn't get unloaded from memory till FSX itself closes.

From the log it is also seen that something is continually loading a Plan:

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\WX.PLN

It seems to being loaded at regular intervals, though two times at the same time earlier on. This activity seems to go in spates. I've no dea what is doing that. Is "WX.PLN" something to do with ASN? I've used ASN (and ASE, ASX, before it, and now AS16) for a long long time, but I've never seen that. I wonder if it is related.

I sometimes get ASN (and now AS16) crashing after I close FSX. I think this is due to similar things happening. They are very timing dependent.

One thing you could try, to see if it's related to FSUIPC's weather functions, is to add

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of the INI file.

Other things to try involve a process of elimination. Try, if you can, without ASN, then AES, etc.

I'm afraid after tonight I'm away for a bit over two weeks.

Pete

11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You are also using AES I think -- the log shows that.

Okay, but according to the log FSUIPC4 has terminated normally. I assume this is a log after one of the crashed?

I think the crash is only occurring because one of the other things you are running is not heeding the termination notice it would be getting and is still making calls into FSUIPC or SimConnect or elsewhere in FSX, and that is causing a crash which appears to be in FSUIPC because FSX is not unloaded quite yet. FSUIPC's code doesn't get unloaded from memory till FSX itself closes.

From the log it is also seen that something is continually loading a Plan:

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\WX.PLN

It seems to being loaded at regular intervals, though two times at the same time earlier on. This activity seems to go in spates. I've no dea what is doing that. Is "WX.PLN" something to do with ASN? I've used ASN (and ASE, ASX, before it, and now AS16) for a long long time, but I've never seen that. I wonder if it is related.

I sometimes get ASN (and now AS16) crashing after I close FSX. I think this is due to similar things happening. They are very timing dependent.

One thing you could try, to see if it's related to FSUIPC's weather functions, is to add

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

to the [General] section of the INI file.

Other things to try involve a process of elimination. Try, if you can, without ASN, then AES, etc.

I'm afraid after tonight I'm away for a bit over two weeks.

Pete

I will try that entry into the fsuipc ini file. Thanks

The wx.pln file I think is what the PMDG aircraft uses to read the weather data for their weather radar. Could it be something in the PMDG software that is not quitting properly? Yes sorry I also use AES, and EZDok.

• 4 weeks later...