The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

READ BEFORE POSTING FSUIPC PROBLEM REPORT

I cannot help anyone without any information. Nor do I support old versions. So:

Please always install the currently supported one or later before asking for help. The ZIP package with the Installer available here in the Download Links subforum and also over in the Schiratti\Dowson forum is the earliest supported version, and there is often a later, interim, update also available in the Download Links subforum.

When you are sure you are using the supported version, if you still get a problem please provide the following information:

1. A full description of the problem. Just saying things like "stops", "crashes", "freezes", "stutters", and "unplayable" is no help whatsoever. You must describe what happens -- i.e. what you see on screen and how you detect there is a 'problem'.

2. If there is a crash, then I need to see the Windows crash details -- especially the Module name and offset and the error code. If you forget to read in in the crash message, or it isn't there, check in the Windows Application logs in the Event Viewer. (Search 'Event Viewer' in the Windows Start edit box).

3. If FSUIPC is indeed loading, then it will generate a log file telling you and I what it is doing. This is most important. it is called FSUIPC.LOG or FSUIPC4.LOG and is found in the Modules folder in P3D. It is a text file and you can paste its contents, complete, into a message here.

Also, if the problem is related to joystick recognition or assignment, then provide the file FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv or FSUIPC4.Joyscan.csv, as appropriate.

(Note: Make sure you have turned off the annoying option in Windows Explorer which hides the full filenames from you. Otherwise distinguishing "LOG", "INI", "CFG" and "TXT" files is a pain.)

4. If FSUIPC doesn't make a log then it isn't loading. In this case, for FSX, FSX-SE and P3D I need to see the DLL.XML file from your AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder, or Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vN folder, as appropriate. Again, paste the text from the file into your message. I could also use the Install FSUIPC4.LOG file (or FSUIPC similarly), which will either be in the Modules folder or in the same folder where you ran the installer (or probably both).

5. I also need to know if your FSUIPC is registered, and what other add-ons you are using. Also whether it's a default aircraft or an add-on aircraft.

6. Sometimes I may need to see your FSUIPC settings. Those are in the FSUIPC4.INI file (or FSUIPC.INI for FSUIPC3), again in the Modules folder, and yet again another text file.

But generally don't show or send the INI file initially unless you know it's a problem with settings.

Thanks,
Pete