The simFlight Network Forums

CTD in P3D3.4

I have a clean P3D v3.4 installed in a new PC.  Without FSUIPC4 installed the sim runs good.  After installing FSUIPC4 and restarting P3D, seems ok for up to a couple minutes then the sim freezes and Wndows 10 tells me a fatal error has occurred and must close.  If I remove the Modules folder the sim again runs fine (after enabling controllers and programming them).   I have always used a paid FSUIPC for controls, Warthog and Saitek quadrants, and rudder pedals, with never an issue.  I have been able to do some programming without a CTD but not a flight.  Please see attachments and I hope I've given you what you need.

Thank you

Jim Tennant

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.ini

Hi,

what happens by using FSUIPC but non controller programming?

Also you have this, where your mixture1 lever controls the gear.

0=BX,256,D,13,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Mixture1 }-
1=BX,U,4224,16383,66079,0 -{ DIRECT: Mixture1Entering=GEAR_UP }-
2=BX,D,-16384,-4681,66080,0 -{ Entering=GEAR_DOWN }-

3=BY,256,D,14,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Mixture2 }-

Thomas

On 10/13/2016 at 7:47 PM, Jim Tennant said:

I have a clean P3D v3.4 installed in a new PC.  Without FSUIPC4 installed the sim runs good.  After installing FSUIPC4 and restarting P3D, seems ok for up to a couple minutes then the sim freezes and Wndows 10 tells me a fatal error has occurred and must close.

From the log the most likely problem is a corrupt weather file.  There are other threads like this, for instance

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82188-p3d-v335-crash/#comment-495516

Pete

As a FYI...after a few hours flying, the problem was back.  Resigned myself to not flying in P3Dv3.4 for a while.  Went back to W10, discouraged.  However, the W10 install behaved differently this time.  I have been flying happily ever since.  Therefore, the problem was some installation error in my system that cleared when I wiped the drives between W7 and W10 installs.  Thats why no solutions offered here worked for me.  Thank you all.