The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER 3D Install Issues and Questions

HappyNUyear

When I first purchased Tower 3D a few weeks ago it worked and was install the following way;

1) Tower 3D

2) KJFK for Tower 3D

3) Real Traffic for Tower 3D

Everything worked with real airlines and all aircraft were white.

On Monday I purchased Real Color for Tower 3D and I reinstalled Tower 3D the following way after uninstalling all files;

1) Tower 3D

2) KJFK for Tower 3D

3) Real Traffic for Tower 3D

4) Real Color for Tower 3D

After restarting the PC and starting up Tower 3D all aircraft are in color, but the default airlines and default airports are only showing. KJFK is missing as well.

What occurred? How to fix it? Yes everything was reinstalled in the order above.

This is not my first dance with PC Games/Simulations either. :-)

Edited by HappyNUyear

I'm not an expert, but in cases like this, I try to find out what is causing the problem. So first, I would uninstall everything, and physically delete any remaining files that might be there. Then install tower 3d, quickly check if it's working, then install KJFK, see if it's in the airport list, and it loads up. If it does, continue with real traffic, check it again, and finally real color. Technically everything should work fine, especially if you remove all old files that might linger around. Try this out!

25 minutes ago, Susu986 said:

I'm not an expert, but in cases like this, I try to find out what is causing the problem. So first, I would uninstall everything, and physically delete any remaining files that might be there. Then install tower 3d, quickly check if it's working, then install KJFK, see if it's in the airport list, and it loads up. If it does, continue with real traffic, check it again, and finally real color. Technically everything should work fine, especially if you remove all old files that might linger around. Try this out!

That has already been done twice and same results. I even had a friend do it and he's an IT guy. 

So, as soon as you install KJFK (and nothing else), it doesn't show up? Because then obviously the problem lies with the KJFK setup files, and it has nothing to do with real color or traffic. I understand you've got the same results, but do you have an idea that which addon corrupts the game? Besides, you don't need to be an IT guy here, it is simple just uninstalling, deleting, and and reinstalling stuff, and trying the find where at which point the chain is broken. Restarting the PC has absolutely no significance in this case. So, which addon is causing the problems? It is KJFK itself, or Real Traffic or Real Color?

I totally wiped TOWER 3D off the PC and reinstall everything under a New Folder "TOWER 3D"

KJFK now works, Real Traffic for Tower 3D now works.

Real Color for Tower 3D Pack still doesn't work. Any ideas? 

Yes the default aircraft colors worked, so now I'm trying to figure out why Real Color for Tower 3D does not.

Thanks for the help in advance

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:51 AM, Susu986 said:

So, as soon as you install KJFK (and nothing else), it doesn't show up? Because then obviously the problem lies with the KJFK setup files, and it has nothing to do with real color or traffic. I understand you've got the same results, but do you have an idea that which addon corrupts the game? Besides, you don't need to be an IT guy here, it is simple just uninstalling, deleting, and and reinstalling stuff, and trying the find where at which point the chain is broken. Restarting the PC has absolutely no significance in this case. So, which addon is causing the problems? It is KJFK itself, or Real Traffic or Real Color?

My bet would be it might have installed itself into a different folder. Try to install real color again, and make sure that it installs to where it should. This is my best idea at the moment. It was a great idea btw to install the game into a different place!

Hi there,

i have the same problem with the Real Color Pack and the Real Color for KFJK.
I have uninstalled all, wiped all files they would left and reinstall it in the following way:

T3D -> KFJK -> RC for KFJK -> RC Pack for T3D

The game works, include KFJK, but only with standard aircraft and colors.

Anyone out there with an idea?

Thanks.

I do not see where you have installed Real Traffic for Tower!3D by Nyerges.

You need both Real Color and Real Traffic to get the full effect.

Real Traffic will give you not only real world airlines (Jet Blue, American Airlines, Delta, Singapore Airlines, Virgin etc.) along with a 24-hour schedule, but also more aircraft models (at least 60 different unique aircraft, from what I have been able to recognize).  Also, Real Traffic is said to be updated for any new airports that are announced.  So far SP5 of Real Traffic supports TIST, KPHL, KLAX and KJFK.  Any future new airports to be released will come in a new SP for Real Traffic for Tower!3D by Nyerges. Whereas Real Color for Tower13D is specific for each airport and will have to be purchased.

Hope this clarifies,
RickyJ

I dont know if i'm adding fuel to the fire here but I had a few teething problems to start with by not letting Tower3D install in to the file location , Program files( x86) on c drive this being the default location. I then reloaded everything to the default drive no problems, I have loaded everything that is available at this moment in time everything is working fine.

Done, I just did it Yesterday, just to comment you that some Liveries are damaged like Avianca at JFK and Aeromexico B787 at LAX and I dont know if all DH4 are White cause I dont know that alirline but all of them are completely white but the rest of the airlines are quite allright. Thanks

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, futureboy said:

I do not see where you have installed Real Traffic for Tower!3D by Nyerges.

You need both Real Color and Real Traffic to get the full effect.

Real Traffic will give you not only real world airlines (Jet Blue, American Airlines, Delta, Singapore Airlines, Virgin etc.) along with a 24-hour schedule, but also more aircraft models (at least 60 different unique aircraft, from what I have been able to recognize).  Also, Real Traffic is said to be updated for any new airports that are announced.  So far SP5 of Real Traffic supports TIST, KPHL, KLAX and KJFK.  Any future new airports to be released will come in a new SP for Real Traffic for Tower!3D by Nyerges. Whereas Real Color for Tower13D is specific for each airport and will have to be purchased.

Hope this clarifies,
RickyJ

Everything was installed in the order on the original post above. The program has also been wiped and re-installed in the same order stated in original post with same results, Real Color for Tower 3D doesn't work.

I'm going by memory here ... sry if this isn't correct ...

But I think the Real Color installer is looking for the airplane folder as opposed to the tower3d folder like the other installers.

So if you are not installing into the default directory make sure you are pointing the real color installer to the right directory. (airplanes)

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

That looks about right to me.  Are you saying that there is still a problem, or are you posting this to confirm that the issue is resolved?

Avwriter,

I am trying to prove that when I installed the five packages in the order as stated that the statement made by HappyNUyear that " Real Color for Tower 3D doesn't work" does in fact work and that there may be some deep underlying problems that HappyNUyear is experiencing of which Harvester may have hinted to.  To date we have not seen any screenshots of the problem that HappyNUyear is experiencing.  Screen clips of the directory structure from HappyNUyear would most certainly confirm or deny Harveste's suspicions.

I myself have taken screen clips of the directory structure after every package install and each install has its' unique characteristics. I would be able to tell at a glance exactly which packages were installed and which were not installed.

This topic was started by HappyNUyear whom I believe is still having a problem and joined by ernuwieder and fermeister stating they had similar problems, but I believe the later two have resolved their problems.

Another aspect that adds to the confusion is that there are no specifics other than it does not work.  Kind of like sending an email to your mechanic and saying your car does not work, how do I fix it.

I don't mean to be rude since this has been exasperating for everyone all around, and would just like to help if I can.

RickyJ

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:35 PM, futureboy said:

Avwriter,

I am trying to prove that when I installed the five packages in the order as stated that the statement made by HappyNUyear that " Real Color for Tower 3D doesn't work" does in fact work and that there may be some deep underlying problems that HappyNUyear is experiencing of which Harvester may have hinted to.  To date we have not seen any screenshots of the problem that HappyNUyear is experiencing.  Screen clips of the directory structure from HappyNUyear would most certainly confirm or deny Harveste's suspicions.

I myself have taken screen clips of the directory structure after every package install and each install has its' unique characteristics. I would be able to tell at a glance exactly which packages were installed and which were not installed.

This topic was started by HappyNUyear whom I believe is still having a problem and joined by ernuwieder and fermeister stating they had similar problems, but I believe the later two have resolved their problems.

Another aspect that adds to the confusion is that there are no specifics other than it does not work.  Kind of like sending an email to your mechanic and saying your car does not work, how do I fix it.

I don't mean to be rude since this has been exasperating for everyone all around, and would just like to help if I can.

RickyJ

With all due respect, I do believe I explained it. That is unless you want me to go into my Investigator mode and give every freaking additional detail and that would fill a file folder.  

In addition, I've now had some of my friends who are software engineers and PC Geeks look at it and they've replicated my install with same results. They've stated the software instructions, if there were any, are very ambiguous to say the least and they're being nice.   

When some of the original add-ons to T3D were released the default install routings were in error, later versions have corrected this. May I suggest you try downloading the latest versions of each of the elements using your original links and having another go at a clean install?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, winsaudi said:

When some of the original add-ons to T3D were released the default install routings were in error, later versions have corrected this. May I suggest you try downloading the latest versions of each of the elements using your original links and having another go at a clean install?

I wiped everything from Tower 3D off my PC and reinstalled Tower 3D Today. All Real Airline Colors are now on the A/C, except on some larger A/C. Any idea for this? Otherwise the program is working fine.

I also had to reset some video card settings.