The simFlight Network Forums

Could we get some teaser pics of KATL

Avwriter

10 minutes ago, stuch17 said:

Hi, i hope a big Europe aiport like Paris CDG, or London EGLL, Frankfurt EDDF, Rome LIRF, for example:)

Agreed.  EDDF, EGLL, or EHAM would be fantastic.  I asked about KATL because it was already announced earlier that this is to be the next airport after KJFK.

Well, since Vic is not biting today, here is a teaser of my own.  Ride along as someone flies a Cessna 172 into KATL from nearby KPDK.  Looked like quite a ride, especially with that MD-11 landing just behind them.  There is also a gorgeous sunset departure as well.  Enjoy

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Very nice video, thank you!
The next airport add-on will NOT be KATL :)

Vic

Well poo :(     Oh well, I will probably buy the next one anyway, what ever it is.  I have to admit you guys have me hooked :).    Please do tell me at least that KATL is not too far over the horizon?  Any likelihood that it will be out before T3DPro is released?

The next one is going to be a smaller airport but it still has a scheduled B777 flight.
If everything goes as planned it will be released sooner than Pro's release, however we are testing it with pro as well since it has a feature that will be supported by Pro :)

I certainly hope that I was as confusing as possible :)

Vic

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

I certainly hope that I was as confusing as possible :)

Vic

Don't sell yourself short :-)   I am sure that you could be even more confusing if you really gave it your all :-)   Nevertheless, I still want my beloved KATL ASAP, and I promise to keep pestering you until it is delivered :-)

• Upvote 1

Might one of those feature be T&G support given its a small airport with GA traffic ;) Anyway, personally I like that next airport it will be a smaller one. To me is just feels more realistic when you are just one controller doing ground as well as Tower control. Doubt that ever happends in real life at KATL or KORD or EDDF for that matter :)

Mike 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Might one of those feature be T&G support given its a small airport with GA traffic ;) Anyway, personally I like that next airport it will be a smaller one. To me is just feels more realistic when you are just one controller doing ground as well as Tower control. Doubt that ever happends in real life at KATL or KORD or EDDF for that matter :)

Mike 

To be fair, it actually does happen, but only at times when the traffic is lighter.  I have often tuned into the Tower freq at KATL late in the evening, when the cargo haulers get moving, and find the same controller handling both Tower and Ground positions.  Even at such a light time, being in charge of the whole field at once must be kind of a kick.  

Personally speaking, I feel that one of the most enjoyable aspects of simulators like this, is that you can try a challenge that would be unlikely in the real world.  IRL, and under ideal conditions, a controller's job is not supposed to be exciting, and can actually be rather boring at times if nothing is going wrong, and if you are not overwhelmed by heavy traffic.  But of course IRL, the whole goal IS for nothing to go wrong.  THe controller is not there for the purpose of having fun.  The same is true of being an airline pilot.  Not many people will want to play a game that simulates a mundane activity without any problems.  Has anyone ever heard of a mail room simulator, or a lawn cutting simulator?  And so they add some challenge to it, but letting you handle the whole field at once, or letting you do both the Captain's and First Officer's job simultaneously just to see if you can handle it.   After all, even when real pilots train in simulators, they do not spend hours and hours sitting there with the autopilot on in good weather.  Instead, most of the time is spent simulating various problems and challenging situations, be it weather, mechanical problems, or difficult approaches.