The simFlight Network Forums

Problem mapping buttons for keystrokes

Hi.

I am trying to map buttons on my CH Yoke to bring up two sub-panels for my Flight1 King Air B200, replacing the keystrokes (shift+4 and shift+5 respectively). I have the latest version of registered FSUIPC4. I believe I have worked out how to do this correctly, and the sub-panels seem to open and close properly. However the buttons are also still performing their previous functions, namely gear down and flap extension, as well as opening the sub-panels. I cannot work out how to delete the old button assignments. I have checked on my FSUIPC4.ini file, and this suggests that the old assignments have been deleted:

[Buttons.Flight1 King Air B200]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
0=PB,5,K52,9     -{Key press: shft+4}-
1=PB,4,C66079,0     -{GEAR_UP}-
2=PB,7,K53,9     -{Key press: shft+5}-
3=PB,6,C65759,0     -{FLAPS_DECR}-
4=RB,11,C65615,0     -{ELEV_TRIM_UP}-
5=RB,10,C65607,0     -{ELEV_TRIM_DN}-
6=RB,2,C66278,0     -{RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT}-
7=RB,3,C66279,0     -{RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT}-
8=PB,9,C66694,0     -{POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_NEXT}-
9=PB,8,C66693,0     -{POINT_OF_INTEREST_CYCLE_PREVIOUS}-
10=PB,0,C65791,0     -{AUTOPILOT_OFF}-
11=PB,1,C65875,0     -{PAN_RESET}-
13=RB,32,C65734,0     -{PAN_UP}-
14=RB,36,C65735,0     -{PAN_DOWN}-
15=RB,38,C65671,0     -{PAN_LEFT}-
16=RB,34,C65672,0     -{PAN_RIGHT}-
17=RB,33,C65856,0     -{PAN_RIGHT_UP}-
18=RB,39,C65854,0     -{PAN_LEFT_UP}-
19=RB,37,C65855,0     -{PAN_LEFT_DOWN}-
20=RB,35,C65857,0     -{PAN_RIGHT_DOWN}-

Have I done something wrong? How can I rectify this? And secondly, as I will no longer be using the buttons for gear up and flap retraction either, can I simply delete these lines in the .ini file? Does it matter that lines 1 & 3 will be missing? Or should I change the numbering accordingly?

Thanks for your help.

Adrian

7 minutes ago, broncomaniac said:

However the buttons are also still performing their previous functions, namely gear down and flap extension, as well as opening the sub-panels. I cannot work out how to delete the old button assignments.

You don't need to delete them -- when you change the assignment, the new assignment replaces the old one.

I suspect you still have controllers enabled in FS. That's a recipe for trouble. You should either assign everything in FS, or everything in FSUIPC. In the latter case it is best to disable controllers altogether in FS, otherwise it may at some stage perform automatic reassignment, to confusing and unwanted results.

11 minutes ago, broncomaniac said:

And secondly, as I will no longer be using the buttons for gear up and flap retraction either, can I simply delete these lines in the .ini file?

You can do, though the normal way would be do do it in the Buttons tab in FSUIPC options. That's what the "Clear" buttons there are for.

13 minutes ago, broncomaniac said:

Does it matter that lines 1 & 3 will be missing?

No. They are sequence numbers only, and need not be consecutive. They determine the order when a sequence of assignments, or conditions, are programmed. The numbers will get re-used if you make further assignments.

Pete

Pete,

may I jump in as I do not want to open a new topic for my question but it is related to keystrokes.

is there a possibility to create a Keystroke for a 10 ?

I got a pushbutton panel in my HC to be used for keystrokes in GSX or Sode, this is no problem for numbers from 0-9 but I need a 10 and was not able to create such a Keystroke....

any advise from your side?

thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, holi said:

is there a possibility to create a Keystroke for a 10 ?

No. Such a keystroke in impossible.  10 is not a character on any keyboard so has no keystroke code.

I think you are referring to the bug in P3Dv3 which produces a 10 on screen where there should be a 0. Try 0.

I think this is fixed in the latest update for P3D. If not it soon will be.

Pete

Hi Pete.

Thanks for the quick response. You were right - somehow FS had re-enabled the joystick. This isn't something I had done myself as I am certain I had disabled the controllers so that I could do everything through FSUIPC. I have now disabled it again, and as a safeguard also deleted the joystick assignments in FS. Everything is now working correctly. Thanks again.

Adrian