The simFlight Network Forums

Writing to PMDG737NGX events

Hi Pete

I have read a lot of documentation about FSUIPC. I tried also to understand LUA, LINDA, IPC a.s.o. and my brain got quite hot. To be honest, I lost a little bit the overview. Perhaps you can bring me on the right way again.

For MIP, MCP, EFIS and some pedestal of my PMDG737NGX homecockpit I want to use input/output boards from Simio Electronics. They use scpascal, offering a read from and a write to FSUIPC offsets. Reading data from PMDG should be no problem, because this works with FSUIPC offsets. But as I know writing to these offsets is of no use with PMDG. So I have to use customer control numbers to access PMDG events. But how can I transform a write to an FSUIPC offset from scpascal into a write to a PMDG customer control, with a parameter included?
Is it necessary to go via LUA and/or LINDA, that I don't understand up to now? Or should I use dummy offsets in FSUIPC, that can be written from scpascal and then converted somehow to customer control events?

It would be very helpful to get a practical exemple. Let me change the position of the AutobrakeSelector with its six positions.

#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN                0x00011000        // equals to 69632
#define    EVT_MPM_AUTOBRAKE_SELECTOR                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 460)

Therefore the customer control number is 70092, the parameter from 0 to 5.

Thanks in advance for for your most estimated help.
Urs

15 minutes ago, Alpin-Flier said:

But how can I transform a write to an FSUIPC offset from scpascal into a write to a PMDG customer control, with a parameter included?

Check offset 3110 in the offsets list. There you write a parameter (first) in 3114 then the control number in 3110, and FSUIPC sends the control for you.

This works with ANY control numbers.

Pete