The simFlight Network Forums

Makerwys question

I want to add this formula (/>0/Water) to makerwys so as I can use all my airports from RTMM.

Because they are so small they don't show up in my ATC program PF3.

Im not sure where or how to place the formula in so as all my airports show up, are you able to help me please.

BJ from OZ

1 hour ago, baxterbj said:

Im not sure where or how to place the formula in so as all my airports show up, are you able to help me please.

They are command line parameters. So you need to make a short cut to start Makeunways with, then, in Properties of that short cut (right click for those), in the Shortcut tab, add a space after the Target pathname (not in the quotes) then />0 /Water. Put a space between the two parameters too. Then OK. When you then start it with the shortcut, the parameters will be seen.

Pete

Thank you Peter, I have run it with my PF3 ATC program and it pick up my small airfields, great for Return to Mist's Moorings, lots of little airports and ice landings.

i also run Physics P3d that generates it own makerwys, should I just run the edited version of my short cut make runways and build my data base from that, or is there a way in incorporating it into physics P3d?

But just again, thank you for responding back to me, you make flight simulation so much of an enjoyable hobby.

regards BJ from OZ

56 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

i also run Physics P3d that generates it own makerwys, should I just run the edited version of my short cut make runways and build my data base from that, or is there a way in incorporating it into physics P3d?

MakeRunways will only include scenery which is listed in the SCENERY.CFG file. If that "Physics P3D" program adds things there, or uses somewhere like the Addon Scenery folder to put generated BGLs into, then they'll be included.

Whether you want to keep re-generating the database each time you change the SCENERY.CFG file is up to you. There's probably nothing wrong with just having everything in to make the database, because if you don't use and entry it doesn't really matter if it is there or not.

Pete

Thanks Peter, yes physics P3d has its own makerwys within Its own program, so each time I generate it after any scenery addons, I'll bypass the generate database and use the modified version shortcuts of makerwys I made.

Im now going to enjoy, generating flights all through Misty's Moorings in Alaska, fantastic scenery. With the addition of PF3 ATC, it just adds to the immersion.

Your advice was greatly appreciated, and I thank you for taking the time, to help me.

regards

BJ from OZ