The simFlight Network Forums

Make RWYS Quetion

Hi Pete,

It seems I have run into a bit of a problem using your Make Rwys program.  I'm wondering if you would be so kind to point me in the right direction.  I'm Using Prepar3D 3.4.9.18400.  I have my addon scenery in (C:\Lockheed Martin\AddonScenery\Scenery).  I have the make MakeRwys.exe in the main folder, (C:\Lockheed Martin).  I have added my addon scenery to the Scenery Library, and it is active (My Addon Scenery C:\Lockheed Martin\AddonScenery\Scenery)  The end of the scenery config file looks like this:

[Area.126]
Title=FlightBeam San Francisco HD
Local=FlightBeam\KSFOHD
Layer=126
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.127]
Title=My Addon Scenery
Local=C:\Lockheed Martin\AddonScenery\Scenery
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Yet, when I look at the runways text file there is nothing under the addon scenery entry:

263-271-272-273-274-682-681-680-698-679-678-677-676-675-697-674-673-672-671-670-669-668-667-666-657-664-663-662-888-887
        TaxiWay Z1: 681-475-494
          FSM A/P KSFO, lat=37.618973, long=-122.374886, alt=13

=============================================================================
Area.127 "My Addon Scenery" (Layer=127)
Path(Local/Remote)=C:\Lockheed Martin\AddonScenery\Scenery

=============================================================================

I have about a dozen airports bgl file in my addon scenery.  I'm interested in one in particular at the moment which is CYYC.  By looking at the runways text file i notice the that runways have not change from the default runways from years ago. 

I'm running make rwys.exe under Windows 10, run as administrator. 

I have looked in the all the places I can think of but have not seen anything that sticks out at me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adolfo

Edited by aalvarez

1 hour ago, aalvarez said:

Yet, when I look at the runways text file there is nothing under the addon scenery entry:

In that case there are no BGL files in that folder being recognised as AFD (Airport Facilities Data) files, or at least having some AFD content.

Maybe the airports you think you've added are simply enhancements to the default ones, not changing runways, taxiways, gates and so on. In such cases they may not need an AFD BGL. 

Run something else to double-check if you doubt this. Something like "Simple Airport Scanner" from  www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk .

Pete

Pete,

I ran Simple Airport Scanner as you suggested.  I get the same message no matter which file I choose.  The ones I'm trying to add or the original BGL files. 

Failed: C:\Lockheed Martin\Scenery\NAMW\Scenery\Portland.bgl is not a scenery.cfg file
Failed: TaxipointIndexError
ScruffyDuck.General.Exceptions.OperationFailedException: File is not a scenery.cfg file
   at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.PersistSceneryConfigRepository.ProcessTheFile(IFileWrap pFileManager, String pFileName)
   at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.PersistSceneryConfigRepository.LoadRepository()

Am I missing something here?  This is the first time ever I have had any problem using Make Rwys.  So the problem must be on my end.  I just can't see what it might be.

Thanks,

Adolfo

3 hours ago, aalvarez said:

I ran Simple Airport Scanner as you suggested.  I get the same message no matter which file I choose.  The ones I'm trying to add or the original BGL files

Sorry, I only meant you to run it to see if it found a valid AFD BGL file.

ScruffyDuck.General.Exceptions.OperationFailedException: File is not a scenery.cfg file

You need to point the program to your SCENERY.CFG file so it can scan the actual scenery folders!

This is the first time ever I have had any problem using Make Rwys.

There is nothing to do wrong running MakeRunways. If it finds valid airport files it will include the data. If it doesn't, it cannot. It is that simple! It cannot invent data out of thin air. If it isn't including airports you think you've added then those BGL files do not include usable airport data files.

Pete