The simFlight Network Forums

WideView and FSUIPC KeySend

I have a three computer setup for my cockpit each running a screen with a copy of Prepar3D running on each one and the screens synced using WideView. 

My center screen/PC is my server with the other two running as clients from WideView. My center screen/pc is running FSUIPC/WideServer.

The problem I am trying to solve is when I am at the gate and see parts of the Jet Bridge across more than one screen/pc I would like to be able to send a Ctrl + 12 from the center screen and Have it also sent to the to side screens so that the jet bridge operates on all screens that it appears.

I thought I could do this using KeySend in FSUIPC, but when I run WideClient on the client screens and then try to start the "client" copy of Prepar3D I get a message saying "Another Lockgeed Martin simulator is already running".

I dont have FSUIPC running in the client copy or Prepar3D and the wideclient.ini has the ServerName set the the computer with FSUIPC running on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

1 hour ago, David Da Costa said:

I have a three computer setup for my cockpit each running a screen with a copy of Prepar3D running on each one and the screens synced using WideView. 

My center screen/PC is my server with the other two running as clients from WideView. My center screen/pc is running FSUIPC/WideServer.

1 hour ago, David Da Costa said:

I thought I could do this using KeySend in FSUIPC, but when I run WideClient on the client screens and then try to start the "client" copy of Prepar3D I get a message saying "Another Lockgeed Martin simulator is already running".

As stated in the WideFS user guide, to allow WideClient to run alongside FS or P3D, or even another copy of WideClient, you have to set a non-zero ClassInstance parameter in its INI file.

Pete

Hi Pete,  Yes I found that and made the change and I can now run Prepar3d on the client PC, but I still have not been able to achieve my objective.

I want to press Ctrl J to move the jetbridge on all computers applicable, so I setup under the Key Presses Tab in FSUIPC so that when Ctrl+J is pressed it send a KeySend with an id of 1 - This then stops Ctrl J from operating on the server PC which of course is a problem.

On the client PC I added ClassInstance=1 and UserSendInput=Yes and KeySend1=123,16, but it does not send Ctrl J on the client to operate the Jetbridge either.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help

David

8 hours ago, David Da Costa said:

I want to press Ctrl J to move the jetbridge on all computers applicable, so I setup under the Key Presses Tab in FSUIPC so that when Ctrl+J is pressed it send a KeySend with an id of 1 - This then stops Ctrl J from operating on the server PC which of course is a problem.

You need to assign two actions to that keypress then. You can get FSUIPC to send as manay controls as you like -- but you have to add the extra entries into the INI file yourself.

To send a keypress with a keypress, use the FSUIPC keypress control. FSUIPC keypress controls are listed in the Advanced User's guide, page 31 on. Key press and release is number 1070.

8 hours ago, David Da Costa said:

On the client PC I added ClassInstance=1 and UserSendInput=Yes and KeySend1=123,16, but it does not send Ctrl J on the client to operate the Jetbridge either.

There's no "UserSendInput". Do you mean "UseSendInput"?  You know this requires the target (your sim on that PC) to have the focus, right? I think this would be the case anyway, without UseSendInput, but then I've never tried it with P3D.

With P3D I'm not sure what would be the best technique. You could try PostKeys instead, and put the ClassName on the KeySend line (it is "FS98MAIN").

And why 123,16? Have you not even referred to the WideFS documentation? The '16' says "Press but don't release" and the 123 is F12. Don't you want Ctrl+J, which, as documented, is 74,10.

Please do make more use of the documentation supplied.

Pete

Hello David,

It's nice to know of people still using WidevieW with networked scenery clients.

I operate a WidevieW+WideTraffic-based network of 11 pc's (all Win7x64 + FSX-SP2), of which the Server generates 2-D cockpit panels only, 7 Client pc's generate the out-of-cockpit-window scenery views, 1 Client pc generates an external spot view, and 2 more remote Client pc's are used as Instructor Stations.

I have used FSUIPC-WideFS, FSUIPC-LUA, Input Director, AutoHotkey and Autoit to address the tasks of communicating with Client PC's in the WidevieW network.

To send Ctrl+J to Clients and Server to toggle jetway operation there:

(1) Although one could use FSUIPC-WideFS to achieve this, I prefer to use Input Director for this task, because Input Director has a keyboard-macro feature which can be set up to send such keystrokes to the Clients (individually or collectively) as well as the Server (as you also need to do, because your Server also displays scenery). I would recommend that you consider this option, because Input Director is primarily a solution for using the Server's keyboard and mouse across your entire network, which is anyway a great help in a WidevieW-based network.

(2) While Pete has explained what you need to do to get this working using WideFS, these are the specifics of how one might realize it:

On the Server FSUIPC4.ini:

[Keys]
1=74,10,1006,1
2=74,10,66695,1

Use TOGGLE_JETWAY = 66695 from the List of FSX and P3D controls, in order to toggle jetway locally (as an alternative to sending Ctrl+J to local FS). I have not tested this, so please let me know if this works.

At the Client PC WideClient.ini:

[Config]
ServerName=SERVER
ClassInstance=1
[User]
KeySend1=74,10,FS98MAIN

I hope this helps.

Chakko.