The simFlight Network Forums

Crash Loading P3Dvhttp://forum.simflight.com/topic/82599-crash-loading-p3dv34-reporte-fsuipc4dll/3.4 reporte FSUIPC4.dll

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Can those suffering from any of the problems detailed in this thread please now download FSUIPC 4.959m from the Download Links subforum above, and let me know if this fixes things.

while I haven't experienced the 'crash on reload' since I reset my NVIDIA driver (see above), i had two smaller issues, both not impacting P3D restarts, remaining:

1. P3D crashing in exit
2. Three suspicious entries in the Windows Event Viewer log on every P3D closure

I installed 4.959m and applied

Debug=Please
LogExtras=5
TimeForLuaClosing=0

Result: All good now. Both errors are gone now. No crash on exit, No entries in the Windows Event Viewer log on P3D closure

FSUIPC4.log attached

Joerg

FSUIPC4.log

Hi all

I have been following this thread as I have the same issue. I have done multiple installs of P3D v3.4 and have added the latest fsuipc 4.959n but still have the problem.. I had linda added but have removed it now but still same problem. P3d loads ok once or twice but then starts loading to taskbar. The program loads but I can only see it when i press esc and then just the dropdown menu opens.. I added the three lines to the fsuipc.ini but no logging seems to occur.

Pete if you want to remotely hop on my pc you are welcome to!

thanks

Cathal

fsuipc error event log.txt

Screenshot22.png

Edited by Cathal Geraghty
added additional content

12 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

I have been following this thread as I have the same issue. I have done multiple installs of P3D v3.4 and have added the latest fsuipc 4.959n but still have the problem.. I had linda added but have removed it now but still same problem. P3d loads ok once or twice but then starts loading to taskbar.

You are not actually testing with FSUIPC 4.959n according to the crash report which is dated 3 days later than the n release -- by then the incorrect version 4,9,5,8 shown in such reports was corrected to show 4,9,5,914, the 14 signifying n. Please replace the DLL with the later version before testing!

Pete

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You are not actually testing with FSUIPC 4.959n according to the crash report which is dated 3 days later than the n release -- by then the incorrect version 4,9,5,8 shown in such reports was corrected to show 4,9,5,914, the 14 signifying n. Please replace the DLL with the later version before testing!

Pete

Hi Pete,

apologies this was the crash file from this morning before I installed the new n dll. . After installing the n dll the sim still loads in background as per my screenshot. I can click escape and then exit the sim via the menu but no report is created in the event viewer or the modules folder of p3d for fsuipc. I dont see the scenario screen, cant create a flight etc I only see the menu screen when I press esc.

this morning I was able to start the sim successfully several times. Then I started it with linda open and when i closed it linda hung (see attached report) When i tried to restart it after linda hung it opened in background as per my screenshot and since then it has not started properly despite removing linda from modules folder and adding the new  n version .dll. I believe if i reinstall fsuipc it will work again. I will try reinstalling the latest fsuipc and then updating the n version.dll and leave linda uninstalled and see if the problem reoccurs

Apologies if im missing some info but im not very technical so this is like chinese for me.

As always I appreciate the great support.

linda error report event.txt

11 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

apologies this was the crash file from this morning before I installed the new n dll.

Not according to the crash report -- or is your system date set incorrectly?: Look:

Source:        Application Error
Date:          23/01/2017 09:09:10
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      CathalsPC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.18.19475, time stamp: 0x5851bfd2
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.5.8, time stamp: 0x5857240f

13 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

this morning I was able to start the sim successfully several times. Then I started it with linda open and when i closed it linda hung (see attached report)

I cannot support LINDA myself. Crashes in LINDA.exe have to be dealt with by their support.

14 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

When i tried to restart it after linda hung it opened in background as per my screenshot and since then it has not started properly despite removing linda from modules folder and adding the new  n version .dll.

This might be the DX problem already reported in the L-M forums.  I suspect LINDA crashing left some device or other in a strange state.  

Loading with the n version can still fail if the previous session crashed.  Precisely how and why this happens is still unknown, but by all reports if the crashes at the end of session which were occurring with 4.959 + LINDA are fixed, then it is okay ever after. Sometimes crashes on exit go unnoticed. The crash you reported in your first post was actually before FSUIPC was loaded ("FSUIPC_unloaded"), not the crash on exit. To find those you'd need to look further back still in the logs list, and those would certainly be before the n release because even this morning's was, as shown above!

Pete

58 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Not according to the crash report -- or is your system date set incorrectly?: Look:

Source:        Application Error
Date:          23/01/2017 09:09:10
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      CathalsPC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.18.19475, time stamp: 0x5851bfd2
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.5.8, time stamp: 0x5857240f

I cannot support LINDA myself. Crashes in LINDA.exe have to be dealt with by their support.

This might be the DX problem already reported in the L-M forums.  I suspect LINDA crashing left some device or other in a strange state.  

Loading with the n version can still fail if the previous session crashed.  Precisely how and why this happens is still unknown, but by all reports if the crashes at the end of session which were occurring with 4.959 + LINDA are fixed, then it is okay ever after. Sometimes crashes on exit go unnoticed. The crash you reported in your first post was actually before FSUIPC was loaded ("FSUIPC_unloaded"), not the crash on exit. To find those you'd need to look further back still in the logs list, and those would certainly be before the n release because even this morning's was, as shown above!

Pete

Hi, I dont understand about the date stamp that is todays date?  Its wierd its showing version .4.9.5.8 as I installed 4.959 in the past days.. I have reinstalled again version 4.959 and it said a newer version has previously been installed the n version. The log now shows the n version is installed. P3d is starting normally again.

I provided the linda report just for your info in case it would be helpful, I understand you dont support linda.

I will test it now with no linda installed and see how it goes. If its ok Ill try adding linda again.

thanks for the help.

C

Edited by Cathal Geraghty
clarity

46 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

Its wierd its showing version .4.9.5.8 as I installed 4.959 in the past days.

Version 4.959 itself (not the later interim updates) did have an error in one of the Version fields still saying it was 4.958. However, that was corrected in all of the subsequent interim updates (the DLLs only, no installer).

Pete

16 minutes ago, Cathal Geraghty said:

Hi just an update, P3d has been running fine since i uninstalled linda v2.8.8 seems that was not playing nicely with P3d 3.4 and was in my case causing the  problems.

Please update FSUIPC to 4.96 in any case. It fixes a lot more and works better.

Pete