The simFlight Network Forums

Strange issue with FSUIPC and Jeehell A320FMGS

Hi,

not an issue that could not be "worked around", just wondered if anyone has similar experience.

I am playing with Jeehell A320 FMGS, which is free software that simulates A320 cockpit. It has server part which does server for apps that runs on client. The software at all does not require FSUIPC, it uses SimConnect. But on client PCs, I use some other programs that utilize FSUIPC via WideClient. I thought I would start client programs using WideClient (so WideClient can close them when simulator is closed). The Jeehell FMGS suite uses Starter.exe application which starts the modules you define it to start. I start this app via WideClient. Now the strange thing is, if I start it using WideClient, only about half of the started programs will initiate connection with Jeehell FMGS Server application. If I start the Starter.exe application manually or by scheduled task (after login to system), it works without issues. Like if there is some SimConnect connection limit or something like that. Anyone have any idea why it might behave like this?

Thanks for any reply.

Oh, hope you all enjoyed Christmas and wish you all great simming year 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 10:07 AM, Mouseviator said:

Now the strange thing is, if I start it using WideClient, only about half of the started programs will initiate connection with Jeehell FMGS Server application. If I start the Starter.exe application manually or by scheduled task (after login to system), it works without issues. Like if there is some SimConnect connection limit or something like that.

I don't know of any limit. Do the programs which don't start truly don't start, or actually start and fail to connect? Do they all work if running Starter.exe directly?

Why not start them all with WideClient rather than use Starter.exe?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for your reply and sorry I did not respond for a long ime. Have been quiet busy. I thought there would probably will not be any limit. Well, the programs do start, but they do not connect. I also tried start them all via wideclient, but the behavior is the same. I do not understand why, but that is not the first strange thing I came across around simulators :) I do not have any other time to spare investigating this issue. I just start it using scheduled task when computer starts and if something goes wrong, restart it manually. Just thought will be able to control it using your wonderful wideclient and keysend commands, but apparently not (and not because of wideclient)...

2 hours ago, Mouseviator said:

I thought there would probably will not be any limit. Well, the programs do start, but they do not connect. I also tried start them all via wideclient, but the behavior is the same. I do not understand why,

Maybe one or more of them is hogging the access to WideClient? It only has the one access point. It's actually possibly for a client application to sit in a tight loop making continuous demanss and never letting others get a word in.

Cooperatively written programs moderate their requests to one batch every so many milliseconds, even up to 1 second intervals (like my own TrafficLook and WeatherSet programs). Decently written programs batch their requests together, efficiently, others make individual requests for every single item of information being read or written.

WideClient does its best to allow lots of time for all the clients, but when it receives a request it can do but process it, no matter whether it is from the same application as the last one or not. To ignore it would make too many programs not work correctly.

You may be able to impose mediation by determining which ones are the most demanding, and setting them to run at a lower prioriy, whilst raising the more efficient ones in priority.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

thanks for explanation. I thought it might somehow "clog the connection". However, if I am not mistaken and remember what I have read in the Jeehell documentation, the Jeehell software does not need WideClient, it should talk to simulator using SimConnect. Wideclient I wanted to use because I could start/stop the programs using it. There probably would be some persmission issues, since the Jeehell suite required admin rights to run correctly (which should be ok even when started using Wideclient which has been run with admin rights too). Will try to post this also on mycockpit forums, maybe the author of Jeehell will have some idea.