The simFlight Network Forums

Trigger/pickle mapping VRS Superbug

Dear Sirs,

After flying with the VRS Superbug for a while I am now trying to get the weapons working. Unfortunately the Trigger/pickle won't work. Indeed, the function worked once but never again ever since. Here is my set-up:

P3D latest Version, VRS Superbug and TacPak 1.3.2, FSUIPC latest Version. I unchecked the Controller box in P3D, eliminated any previous button allocation and use solely FSUIPC for any function. Checked TacPak Trigger/pickle allocation for Controller (HOTAS Warthog). I have the Feeling that P3D does not receive the Signal (Button 0/button 1) of the Joystick.

For your better understanding I attach below an extract of the log files showing the Problem.

I would be greatful if one of the experts would be so Kind to have a look into this issue.

Thank you very much for your Support

----

54 minutes ago, Quax1 said:

Checked TacPak Trigger/pickle allocation for Controller (HOTAS Warthog)

Sorry, this is completely nonsense to me. What does it mean? Is the an actual control or keypress you need to assign?

I have the Feeling that P3D does not receive the Signal (Button 0/button 1) of the Joystick.

How do you get this "feeling"? Didn't you use FSUIPC's button logging to check? Did you actually assign that button in FSUIPC?

57 minutes ago, Quax1 said:

For your better understanding I attach below an extract of the log files showing the Problem.

I do not understand much of that log. What is it from? It is not from any of my software -- certainly not FSUIPC. Are you sure you are asking this on the right Forum? Seems to me you need to be on the VRS Superbug forum, if there is one (?).

Pete

5 hours ago, Quax1 said:

Dear Sirs,

After flying with the VRS Superbug for a while I am now trying to get the weapons working. Unfortunately the Trigger/pickle won't work. Indeed, the function worked once but never again ever since. Here is my set-up:

You are better off asking this on the VRS official forum, as you may have a hardware problem. The same question has been asked a number of times there. I have the VRS Superbug and I can tell you that to get the trigger and pickle to work with FSUIPC, one has to use FSUIPC to map the HOTAS trigger button to SHIFT, CONTROL, V and the pickle button  to SHIFT, CONTROL, C. Then in the VRS Tacpack Configuration Manager under the category of General Preferences, Trigger Mapping. Set the radio button to keyboard (not controller) , Trigger to SHIFT, CONTROL, V and Pickle to SHIFT, CONTROL, C.

17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You are better off asking this on the VRS official forum, as you may have a hardware problem. The same question has been asked a number of times there. I have the VRS Superbug and I can tell you that to get the trigger and pickle to work with FSUIPC, one has to use FSUIPC to map the HOTAS trigger button to SHIFT, CONTROL, V and the pickle button  to SHIFT, CONTROL, C. Then in the VRS Tacpack Configuration Manager under the category of General Preferences, Trigger Mapping. Set the radio button to keyboard (not controller) , Trigger to SHIFT, CONTROL, V and Pickle to SHIFT, CONTROL, C.

Well, thanks for your prompt reply. All seems perfectly set up. FSUIPC (Buttons and switches) the HOTAS Joystick button 0 is set to s+c+v and button 1 is set to s+c+C. TPM preferences set to Keyboard as suggested above. All works well only triggering any gun or bomb does not. HUD shows AM6 and below IA (whatever that means). I really appreciate any further suggestion? Thanks a lot in advance...

On ‎15‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 0:42 PM, Quax1 said:

Thanks a lot anyway.

Dear Pete, dear all,

finally I removed all FSUIPC.ini files and generated a new file. And it worked. So I assume I must have had a conflict with the .ini file and corresponding Profile files for single engine and Military twin Jet engines. I am wondering whether you may be able to help me understand the reasons. I therefore attach the three ini-files. May be you could have a look into this matter.

Thanks and nice Weekend.

14 hours ago, Quax1 said:

I am wondering whether you may be able to help me understand the reasons. I therefore attach the three ini-files. May be you could have a look into this matter.

Sorry, they were not attached. And in any case I don't know what the problem really was as you haven't explained in in this thread so far. I assume this part:

On 1/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, Quax1 said:

FSUIPC (Buttons and switches) the HOTAS Joystick button 0 is set to s+c+v and button 1 is set to s+c+C.

is saying you had assignments to those keypress sequences combinations (s+c means Shift+Ctrl, I assume, not s then o then v or C, which is also possible), but I've no idea what this part is about:

On 1/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, Quax1 said:

All works well only triggering any gun or bomb does not. HUD shows AM6 and below IA (whatever that means).

Pete

On 29.1.2017 at 0:10 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, they were not attached. And in any case I don't know what the problem really was as you haven't explained in in this thread so far. I assume this part:

is saying you had assignments to those keypress sequences combinations (s+c means Shift+Ctrl, I assume, not s then o then v or C, which is also possible), but I've no idea what this part is about:

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your patience and support. Indee s+c+v means shift+control+V. Since it seem that I was not precise enough to explain the problem, let me try again.

To release bombs or fire guns using TacPack superbug I allocated the above mentioned key combination to my joy stick buttons and assigned the key combination to this function in the TacPack Manager. However, this function worked only once and never again. I now installed a new FSUICP file and the trigger function worked fine.I now assume that the problem lies in the fact that I created profiles for two aircraft types, but I still do not know what I did wrong. So today I reinstalled the earlier FSUIPC configuration and logged the trigger function. These files are attache now. I would be thankful if you could have a look into this issue to identify the conflicting configuration.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

dsd_axis_control.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.FSX.log

FSUIPC4.log

VRS_TacPack.log

Hi,

still you didn't explain your problem?

Btw- all logs are dated 09.10.2016, very old already?

Also the FSUIPC4 version you use is far out of date, you should update to latest version first please.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.955c (14th June 2016) by Pete Dowson *********
       47 System time = 09/10/2016 18:04:45

Thomas