The simFlight Network Forums

64 bit compatibility?

On 5/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, Pete Dowson said:

The programming interface always was and always will be free to users (the commercial programs using it pay a fee normally).

The folks who purchase FSUIPC do so for the User facilities, not just for its interface, which fewer and fewer programs use.

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for responding to all the questions from an impatient crowd.?

/Stephen Slot Odgaard

(loooong time user)

I'm always happy to pay for the tools/apps and planes etc. that dedicated, and far more talented people than I create...pretty sure I single-handedly convinced a certain Italian plane developer to make products payware....Thanks for your efforts Pete - happy to pay the price - hopefully it will be similar in nature to previous. 

6 hours ago, stopnicki said:

Could you please post a link to this thread and forum?

This IS the Support Forum! You are posting in it!!!!
It's the starred thread within 3 or 4 threads of this thread!!

[LATER]
I've pinned it now so it's at the very top of the Forum. I'm sure you can manage to find your way there!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Is the paid upgrade available now?

You mean the "pay booth" at SimMarket I think! It isn't an "upgrade" -- you use the same installed version of FSUIPC5 and simply register it.

What page are you trying to go to to get an error 404? No links to the payment page are available until the page actually exists.

Pete

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You mean the "pay booth" at SimMarket I think! It isn't an "upgrade" -- you use the same installed version of FSUIPC5 and simply register it.

What page are you trying to go to to get an error 404? No links to the payment page are available until the page actually exists.

Pete

If I go to the FSUIPC4 Page at Simmarket and scroll down, it shows that FSUIPC5 is now available, but when I click on the link, I get an Error 404.

http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc4.phtml

How do I buy the registered version or get a registration for the free download?

Thank you,

Bob

FSUIPC5 Error.jpg

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

If I go to the FSUIPC4 Page at Simmarket and scroll down, it shows that FSUIPC5 is now available, but when I click on the link, I get an Error 404.

Oh, that must be a mistake by SimMarket. I think they have problems setting up the sales page at present, and it seems forgot to remove the references they put in ready.

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

How do I buy the registered version or get a registration for the free download?

You'll be able to buy it at the same time as every one else, when SimMarket are ready. I obviously took them by surprise by my early release of FSUIPC4.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You'll be able to buy it at the same time as every one else, when SimMarket are ready.

As I said. When they're ready, it will be there. Might be tonight, might be next week some time. Sorry. There's no use asking me or them. Just be patient. And please don't keep posting about it. It's getting so the majority of all posts is on the same damned thing. I thought they would be ready so I posted FSUIPC5. I expected to be much later than them. I wish I was now! :-(

Pete

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, enzoaugusto said:

I bought my FSPUIC 4.962 in February this year (Simmarket), will I have any discount on version 5 (PD3v4)?

Sorry, no. This time there'll only be an early buyer's discount.

BTW you didn't buy "4.962", you bought FSUIPC4, and your purchase covers ALL updates to FSUIPC4 -- and you should now be on 4.967.

Pete

I'm tempted to ask about pricing, but I almost don't care. I know it'll be worth every penny/cent/yen.

Needless to say, I'm delighted we're getting an update so quickly. I'm holding off buying/installing P3Dv4 until the new FSUIPC has been released (and given a nice road test by anyone/everyone but me, LOL!). Like many people here, I find it hard to imagine running FSX or P3D without FSUIPC.

Keep up the good work, Pete - it's very much appreciated.

Adam.

2 hours ago, Adamski said:

I'm tempted to ask about pricing, but I almost don't care. I know it'll be worth every penny/cent/yen.

Needless to say, I'm delighted we're getting an update so quickly. I'm holding off buying/installing P3Dv4 until the new FSUIPC has been released (and given a nice road test by anyone/everyone but me, LOL!). Like many people here, I find it hard to imagine running FSX or P3D without FSUIPC.

Keep up the good work, Pete - it's very much appreciated.

Adam.

No need to ask about price.  Just go to Simmarket and grab it.

http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4.phtml

Hello,

I had FSUIPC4 registered for FSX. And just now, I purchased and installed the FSUIPC5 for my P3D V4. Is it possible to somehow export my FSX FSUIPC settings and import those settings to P3D FSUIPC?

21 hours ago, dwain said:

Is it possible to somehow export my FSX FSUIPC settings and import those settings to P3D FSUIPC?

Just copy the files over -- FSUIPC4.INI needs to be renamed FSUIPC5.INI, that's all. Copy also other files you need, like MCRO and LUA files, and the whole PROFILES sub-folder if it exists.

Pete

I bought a copy of FSUIPC5 and it's working fine. I used WideFS7 so far for connection with a remote PC running the weather add-ons etc.. Is WideFS 7 compatible with P3D v4 or will there be a new version, too? Or did I get that rumor correctly that WideFS will not be continued?

Kind regards,

Christoph

1 hour ago, dwain said:

What are MCRO and LUA files? I don't know if I need them or not. The only purpose I used FSUIPC for was to configure my Joystick, rudder and throttle. 

You only need to copy MCRO and LUA file from your old Flt Sim \modules folder if they exist. As you are asking the question and are only using FSUIP5 for your devices I assume you have none. 

14 minutes ago, dwain said:

Thank you. By the way, I couldn't find which file and where from to copy. Could you please help me on that? 

All FSUIPC4 or 5 files are located in the \modules folder of your Flt Sim installation (c:\program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\modules or c:\p4dv4\modules). If you wish copy your old FSUIPC4 configuration files from FSX or P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 you need to locate the fsuipc4.ini and any files ending with .MRCO or .LUA. Copy and paste these into the \modules where FSUIPC5 has been installed. You will need to rename the file fsuipc4.ini to fsuipc5.ini to use your old settings.

I strongly recommend you read the FSUIPC5 User Guide (located in \modules\FSUIPC Documents\) fully before asking such basic questions on the forum. They are written for that very purpose.