The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic limiter facility and TrafficLook

Bonjour,

For Information.

As I was experimenting the new traffic limiter facility, I noticed that the total number of AI traffic in 0X025C is different than the sum of ground and airborn traffic in TrafficLook.

For example 55 in 0X025C and 28 in TrafficLook.
The number in 0X025C is alway higher than the one found in TrafficLook.

May be there is a logical explanation for this behaviour.

Cheers

Claude

1 hour ago, Claude Troncy said:

As I was experimenting the new traffic limiter facility, I noticed that the total number of AI traffic in 0X025C is different than the sum of ground and airborn traffic in TrafficLook.

For example 55 in 0X025C and 28 in TrafficLook.
The number in 0X025C is alway higher than the one found in TrafficLook.

May be there is a logical explanation for this behaviour.

TrafficLook reads the TCAS tables provided by FSUIPC, it doesn't read the data direct from FS.  The range is therefore limited to the TCAS range which is defaulted at 40 nm (quite normal on aircraft mounted TCAS systems), not the 80nm of the FS "reality bubble".

There's also a limit on the total number of ground and airborne traffic the TCAS tables will hold -- 96 of each, but this limit isn't applying in your example.

You can change the TCAS range in FSUIPC options. See the Miscellaneous tab, lower right, and the explanation in the User Guide (page 20).

If you want to see the complete traffic list you can use the official Traffic Explorer, provided in the FS/P3D SDKs.

Pete

49 minutes ago, Claude Troncy said:

The advantage of TrafficLook is that it can be run on a remote computer through WideFS. It doesn't seem to be possible with Traffic Explorer.

I think there are other programs which can list them on a Networked PC, via SimConnect, like SuperTrafficboard, but whether it will list them all I don't know.

Pete