Claude Troncy

Error while installing server.

9 posts in this topic

Bonjour,

I am in the process of installing STB for P3D and I have this problem on the server side.
During the airport database build I have a dialog box with this message:

Folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PILOTS_Software\AFM\scenery\Scenery does not exist for library entry [Area.175]: AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes

My meshes are the last one from Pilot's "FS Global Ultimate Next Generation"

Any idea ?

Thanks

Merci

Claude 

This sounds like an incorrect entry in your scenery library

i.e. folder " c:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PILOTS_Software\AFM" itself containing a scenery folder has been entered into the simulator scenery library as " c:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PILOTS_Software\AFM\scenery"

Please have a look, and send me your scenery.cfg or screenshot of the entry concenerned if you like.

Thanks
Simon

Bonsoir Simon,

Here is the entry.

X_Groups=OPENLC
[Area.175]
Title=AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes
Layer=175
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM\scenery

The folder" C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM\scenery" is present on the disk and contains a file named "710c05e7-29c9-4cd8-b228-781aa029d9ba.bgl"

Cheers

Claude

7 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

X_Groups=OPENLC
[Area.175]
Title=AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes
Layer=175
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM\scenery

Hi Claude

The folder itself looks fine, but the simulator automatically adds "Scenery" to the "Local" keyword in scenery.cfg whenever it uses that scenery library entry.  If you remove it so it becomes "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM", I think that will fix the problem.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks... It works... but I understand that "Scenery" can come back when the simulator use this entry. Is there not a risk of board effect for other products when deleting "Scenery" in the path ?

Cheers

Claude

1 hour ago, Claude Troncy said:

Thanks... It works... but I understand that "Scenery" can come back when the simulator use this entry. Is there not a risk of board effect for other products when deleting "

Tell me more please, I've never seen that happen.

1 hour ago, Claude Troncy said:

Is there not a risk of board effect for other products when deleting "Scenery" in the path ?

Not sure I understand the question. 

3 hours ago, flying-w said:

Tell me more please, I've never seen that happen.

As you said that the simulator automatically adds "Scenery" to the "Local" keyword in scenery.cfg whenever it uses that scenery library entry, I thought the sim could adds "Scenery" again.

3 hours ago, flying-w said:

Not sure I understand the question. 

In fact I mean to say side effect... not board effect. (In french we say effet de bord)

For example a code which knows that the sim adds "Scenery" to the "Local" keywork can takes this factor into account to determine the right path, as I have deleted the word "Scenery", it could be confused.

Cheers

Claude 

Hi Claude

What I mean is the simulator uses the folder name from scenery.cfg as a starting point.  From there it will look in the scenery folder or the texture folder depending on what it needs to find.  In your example, your folder is " C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM".  What do you have in that folder?  Something like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM\Scenery?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\pilots_software\AFM\Texture?

You perhaps only have the scenery folder for a mesh product.

The key thing here is you just need the "root" folder in the scenery.cfg, not the full path to the scenery and texture subfolders.  For example on my system:

Capture.PNG

To make this work, I have the following in scenery.cfg:

[Area.124]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=D:\Prepar3D v3\MTX\MyTraffic
Layer=124
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

If I had "Local=D:\Prepar3D v3\MTX\MyTraffic\Scenery", it would be wrong, as that makes the simulator look in "D:\Prepar3D v3\MTX\MyTraffic\Scenery\Scenery".  At run time, the simulator automatically adds the word "Scenery" to every path from scenery.cfg. 

Thanks
Simon