The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 744v2 SDK integration

20 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

Pete, do you know if PMDG has released the SDK for the new 744? If so, it would be really helpful to have the same integrations as FSUIPC currently offers for the 737NGX and the 777.

No, I don't know. If you've purchased it you will know because it will be installed in the 747 folders. The 737NGX and 777X ones weren't separate things, they came in an SDK folder installed with the product.

Did they say they were planning the same sort of support?

Pete

3 hours ago, guenseli said:

3 hours ago, guenseli said:

And yes, would be nice you could provide us with that integration ... if you like.

I am not buying and installing it though. I could ask PMDG to send me one free (?) or maybe some owner would just send the ".h" file from the SDK. That's all that I'd need provided someone else tested it for me.

Pete

41 minutes ago, guenseli said:

no hurry ...

Yes, will test. Just drop me a note, will test when I'm able... what means nearly every evening one or two hours.

Okay. It's a lot of work. Getting and mapping the data into offsets is easy -- I can do that quite quickly. It's only a small amount of code (more in this case than the other two, because of there being 3 separate CDU data packs).

But the resulting data has to be analysed for positions so I can actually document the offsets as for the other two.

If you'd like an early build, with no documentation except offset data start position, then you would get it a lot earlier. You'd need then to work out what was where, using the .h file as a guide.  Or if you are writing a program which can use the .h file to define the structures, just compile with it and read the whole offset ranges into your structures.

Otherwise it would be a much longer wait whilst I plod through the deathly boring work, a bit each day, to identify all of the fields and document their positions.

Let me know.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you'd like an early build, with no documentation except offset data start position, then you would get it a lot earlier. You'd need then to work out what was where, using the .h file as a guide.

I can have a look at that early document and will try to help to figure out the offset documentation. I will make that list for you if I'm able to ...

Would be a pleasure (boring pleasure, but pleasure as you helped me already a lot the last years ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Aviation BoSs said:

First of All, Thank You for Care about who could be interesting. and thanks for all Your effort.

Yes, Yes Please (y) , Actually I'm :) 

Bit late, but thanks. The PMDG 747 has been supported for quite a while now, up to v3.

Pete

Thank You for the clarifying :) , till NOW I just has purchased FSUIPC & PMDG737NGX, I do not have PMDG B747 v3 YET, since I'm a real FAN , I was wonder and worry Why The PMDG737 and PMDG777 Offset Mapping .pdf file is available on "google . com" but Never about PMDG747 v3 so I thought it doesn't exist even. but You just confirm and gave the tranquility that it's already among the Product(PMDG B747 v3) downloaded files :) 

3 minutes ago, Aviation BoSs said:

I was wonder and worry Why The PMDG737 and PMDG777 Offset Mapping .pdf file is available on "google . com"

What are they doing there? No one has asked permission to uploaad them anywhere!

If you read the Install directions for FSUIPC when you downloaded the ZIP you would have seen the 747 file clearly listed. Both that AND the FSUIPC User Guide tell you where the files are placed!

Pete

On a side note Pete, I've had several users report that the PMDG 744v2 fuel tank offsets appear to be reading zero. I've put in a workaround, but if you have an eval copy of the 744 would you be able to check that these offsets are in fact functional?

The FSUIPC5 logs I've been given indicate FSUIPC 5.11; P3Dv4 build 21686 and have the "PMDG 747 offsets enabled" log entry.

Cheers!

Luke

5 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

I've had several users report that the PMDG 744v2 fuel tank offsets appear to be reading zero. I've put in a workaround, but if you have an eval copy of the 744 would you be able to check that these offsets are in fact functional?

I don't think it works on my system. i'm not had much luck with any PMDG aircraft and so it is lucky I don't actually use any.

Are the offsets adjacent or working as docyumented? Have I just made an error transferring their list, from the SDK .h document, to my documentation?

The data provided is all there, it is all I get given by the aircraft code. It's just one Simconnect notification with a pointer to the data block which i simply copy into the offset space. So either it's a PMDG bug, or a documentation error on their part, or one on mine copying the stuff over and labelling them with offsets.

In the latter case, if I have the sizes of any of the fields wrong and so miscalculated the offsets positions following, then everything after those would be worng. So that's where to chek first.

If the result of your check is that it is one of the first two possibilities, then you need to report it to PMDG.

I'm going to be a bit too busy this week, but letme know if it is my error and i will fix the document.

Pete