The simFlight Network Forums

Loss of Flight Controls and Chaseplane due to FSUIPC

Hi there,

I've recently developed an issue where at random points in a flight my aircraft (PMDG 777 and also the 747) will stop following its route and just veer off course, even when I take manual control it acknowledges this and the ailerons are shown to be moving but the plane its self doesn't turn, simultaneously Chaseplane does not respond to any key commands. However, after having re-installed both, I think the issue may lie with FSUIPC or possibly simconnect. When this happened both times autosave stopped working and when I went to the 'Add-ons' tab I couldn't select any of the options listed on the dropdown as nothing would happen when I click them. After re-installing FSUIPC it has now stopped the sim from recognising any form of throttles and I cannot still click anything from that Add-ons menu. The FSUIPC.log file shows this continuous warning:  423277 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
   433230 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
   433324 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   433324 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
   443277 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
   443370 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

The full log is attached. please help!

FSUIPC4.log

33 minutes ago, Layth23 said:

The FSUIPC.log file shows this continuous warning:  423277 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
   433230 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
   433324 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
   433324 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
   443277 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
   443370 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

This is a result of SimConnect not supplying any of the data requested by FSUIPC withing a reasonable response time. Something is grossly overloading your system, so much so that it takes more than 1 whole second for SimConnect to supply data which will be changing at least once per frame!

You can make the timeout longer by changing this parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI file (the value is in seconds):

SimConnectStallTime=1

but 1 second should ALWAYS be enough, so even if a longer time works, you should seek to reieve the loading somehow.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

This is a result of SimConnect not supplying any of the data requested by FSUIPC withing a reasonable response time. Something is grossly overloading your system, so much so that it takes more than 1 whole second for SimConnect to supply data which will be changing at least once per frame!

You can make the timeout longer by changing this parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI file (the value is in seconds):

SimConnectStallTime=1

but 1 second should ALWAYS be enough, so even if a longer time works, you should seek to reieve the loading somehow.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for getting back to me, what kind of things do you think could be causing this overloading?

The only things running alongside this were the acars for my virtual airline, chaseplane AS16 and vpilot

1 minute ago, Layth23 said:

I increased the mentioned setting to 10 seconds and still the same issue persists.

10 second!? wow! I was thinking more like, perhaps, 2. I've never known a system needing anything like 10 seconds!

It sounds like a serious Simconnect stall. something is seriously messed up. I don't think your other Simconnect-dependent add-ons can be functioning properly either.

3 minutes ago, Layth23 said:

How do I go about re-installing simconnect?

The "SimConnect" you can install is NOT the part which would be involved. it is just an bridge into the functions inside P3D. And in any case, FSUIPC is not dependent on ANY version of SimConnect install you could do -- those are all for FSX or FSX-SE.

The only re-install of "simconnect" which would change anything would be a re-install of the P3D client itself.

Which actually seems a good idea in any case. I see from the log you are still on version 3.2.3. The current version is 3.4.22, with a vast number of bugs fixed and other improvements. N

Have you not thought of moving forward? I'm sure there's no extra charge.

Pete

39 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

10 second!? wow! I was thinking more like, perhaps, 2. I've never known a system needing anything like 10 seconds!

It sounds like a serious Simconnect stall. something is seriously messed up. I don't think your other Simconnect-dependent add-ons can be functioning properly either.

The "SimConnect" you can install is NOT the part which would be involved. it is just an bridge into the functions inside P3D. And in any case, FSUIPC is not dependent on ANY version of SimConnect install you could do -- those are all for FSX or FSX-SE.

The only re-install of "simconnect" which would change anything would be a re-install of the P3D client itself.

Which actually seems a good idea in any case. I see from the log you are still on version 3.2.3. The current version is 3.4.22, with a vast number of bugs fixed and other improvements. N

Have you not thought of moving forward? I'm sure there's no extra charge.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I've had no issues with 3.2.3 til now, I'll upgrade and get back to you on whether that has solved the issue.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Layth23 said:

this happened: 

And what's "this"? (sorry, I don't have time or patience to watch videos. you need to describe any problems).

7 minutes ago, Layth23 said:

So I update up to v3.3.5

Why on Earth are you sticking to such old P3D versions? The current version is 3.4.22!

The log seems good. There's no problems shown except one temporary SimConnect stall, here:

533087 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 26 secs = 11.1 fps
   533087    Max AI traffic was 0 aircraft
   580792 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   632865 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
   632958 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

which was recovered okay and the session continued fine. That error occurred during some loading operations. For some reason, P3D's SimConnect tells FSUIPC that it is all ready to fly when in fact it's still displaying the progress bar for loading. I'm looking to do something about that. It has become worse as P3D develops.

But after that, when the system got going, no FSUIPC problems occurred at all.

Pete

31 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

And what's "this"?

The plane pretty much starts flying of course and diving, even when I am putting it in inputs which can be seen from ailerons moving it still doesn't react to anything I do. 

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Why on Earth are you sticking to such old P3D versions? 

Because I would rather use the older more stable versions than the newest ones.

10 minutes ago, Layth23 said:

even when I am putting it in inputs which can be seen from ailerons moving it still doesn't react to anything I do. 

In that case it cannot be anything to do with FSUIPC. Your aircraft is receiving the data it needs and is visibly responding but the model isn't working. 

I see you are using the new PMDG 747. You'll need to go to PMDG support. Maybe they've not tested it with older versions of P3D.

Pete