The simFlight Network Forums

RZ axis assignement X52 PRO stick

Bonjour Pete,

As I was setting the steering tiller using the Z rotation axis of my X52 PRO stick, I ran into problems.

1 In windows 7 the controller propreties shows a perfect behavior.
2 In P3D V3.4, no problem at all  the Rz axis calibration is OK.
3 In FSUIPC the axis assignement in raw mode is perfect, with the same values than with P3D.
4 In FSUIPC when raw mode is disabled the behavior is erratic and the value displayed (in and out) are not correct concerning the center, and the range.

With the other axes of my X52 PRO, I have no problem. Only the Rz axis seems to be wrong.

What can I do to make more investigations. Thanks !

FSUIPC 4.962 - P3D V3.4 - Default A/C

Cheers

Claude

23 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

3 In FSUIPC the axis assignement in raw mode is perfect, with the same values than with P3D.
4 In FSUIPC when raw mode is disabled the behavior is erratic and the value displayed (in and out) are not correct concerning the center, and the range.

RAW mode gives the actual value arriving from the device, with no interference from any calibration made elsewhere -- e.g.. in windows "game controllers". That's the only difference.

Pete

3 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

I really do not see what can produce because this only for the Z rotation axis. I only have P3D, no other game and everything is good in P3D and in the windows game controller.

Are you assigning in P3D as well as FSUIPC? hat is really not a good idea. Try disabling controllers in P3D and check again!

And on the one hand you say you don't see why, and on the other say to calibrated in Game Controllers and in P3D.

3 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

I will use another axe for the steering tiller. 

But why, when you said that axis was okay in RAW mode?

RAW mode is bypassing any messing about that Game Controllers and/or P3D may be doing.

Pete

Hello,

23 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Are you assigning in P3D as well as FSUIPC? hat is really not a good idea. Try disabling controllers in P3D and check again!

And on the one hand you say you don't see why, and on the other say to calibrated in Game Controllers and in P3D.

No assignement in P3D an same behavior with controllers disabled in P3D
I tried using the raw mode and it is OK. I did not try it before because I thought that as the range is 0 1024, it was not possible.

After that I decided to delete all the registry entries of my X52 PRO, and after repluging it, everything was OK even if the mode is not raw.

Merci

Cheers

Claude

20 minutes ago, Claude Troncy said:

After that I decided to delete all the registry entries of my X52 PRO, and after repluging it, everything was OK even if the mode is not raw.

Saitek device installation often seems to give rise to odd and wrong registry data.  That's why I usually suggest a complete uninstallation and then simply plugging the device back in and letting Windows sort it out. But I guess also, sometimes, uninstalling doesn't remove everything in the registry.

Pete