The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & CDU II

Hello all, Im new to this home cockpit building thing so I have a couple questions regarding FSUIPC and my new VRinsight CDU II.  I recently purchased a VRinsight CDU II and MCP combo.  I was having a really hard time trying to get the panel installed for the CDU II & MCP combo II.  I resorted to using LINDA for the MCP combo connection which is working just fine now.  The problem im running into now is I have no way of getting my CDU II to work with any of my PMDG aircraft.  I recently bought the Eltima virtual serial port product hoping that would be a good replacement for VSPE.  I'v used Eltima before with great results.  So I created a bridge between Com3 (CDU II) and com15 (virtual) and ran FSX-SE.  I can see that both ports are open and being used by FSX.exe but when I try to link a button on the CDU II in FSUIPC the button press(s) dont register in FSUIPC.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?  Iv been looking forward to trying the CDU II but I have been pulling my hair out since wednesday when I got it.

6 hours ago, Zchulski said:

The problem im running into now is I have no way of getting my CDU II to work with any of my PMDG aircraft.

I'm not surprised. The PMDG aircraft will need special programming to work with any external hardware. They are really designed to be completely self-contained, operated via mouse on the 3D virtual cockpit.

6 hours ago, Zchulski said:

Iv been looking forward to trying the CDU II but I have been pulling my hair out since wednesday when I got it.

Don't VRI provide any drivers at all? I only built in recognition for the devices available from VRI many years ago.  Later I think they started doing their own software. I've not seen any VRI stuff for a long time.

I think there's a separate support website run for VRI users. Have you tried there?

Pete

Thanks for responding Pete!  Awsome work on FSUIPC.  as for VRi I have tried their self contained software.   Between the below average documentation and shoddy and piss poor design I can't even get that to work.   They have their own panel installer but it isn't reading any of my aircraft not even the default.  I installed the panel myself,  which is basically the Cdu screen without the keyboard but I have no way of resizing it to be the perfect dimension with my limited knowledge of any panel.cfg but I'm still running into the issue of the mouse emulation the I can t figure out to register the keywords session.  As far  as I know the vrinsight forum got shut down for reasons unknown.   I tried that and got an error 

Edited by Zchulski