The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and WIDESERVER.INI

Hello Pete,

I follow the IvAp manual for WideFS and Push To Talk for TeamSpeak here: IvAp manual

At the end of page 84 the manual decribes the WIDESERVER.INI
I have read, that WideServer7 is built in FSUIPC4, so I guess that the additional [USER] section of

[USER]
Log=Errrors+
KeySend1=7
KeySend2=7,1

can now be added in FSUIPC4.INI and WIDESERVER.INI does not longer exists?
In FSUIPC4.INI, the WideFS Server is still enabled.

I'am on the right path and the manual ist obsolete?

Thanks and best regards, Frank

6 minutes ago, digidax said:

At the end of page 84 the manual decribes the WIDESERVER.INI
I have read, that WideServer7 is built in FSUIPC4, so I guess that the additional [USER] section of

[USER]
Log=Errrors+
KeySend1=7
KeySend2=7,1

can now be added in FSUIPC4.INI and WIDESERVER.INI does not longer exists?

It's incorporated into the [WideServer] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file.

However, KeySends are a function of WideClient and are placed in the WideClient.INI file on the Client PC, exactly as described in the WideFS documentation. Use KeySends by making assignments to them in FSUIPC itself, assigning in the keys or button.assignments tab.

Please refer to the WideFS documentation.  Check this section in the WideFS Technical document (page 9). I've highlighted the important part.

KeySend parameters
These are still incorporated into WideServer for backward compatibility with users’ existing set-ups, but new users please use the
FSUIPC Buttons page instead and assign buttons to the KeySend control in the drop down controls lists. The KeySend number
(1–255) is entered as a parameter. You can also assign keys to KeySends in FSUIPC.

And, yes, this is out of date in that they are no longer incorporated into the FSUIPC version of WideServer. but you should notice that there is no longer any documentation for KeySend parameters in WideServer, and in fact it was withdrawn many years ago. Sorry, if there is still remaining confusion.

Pete

26 minutes ago, digidax said:

For getting access to the FSUIPC Button register page, what licence do I have to buy? Only FSUIPC or also WideFS?

To use WideFS and enable WideServer, as you have done you said, you need a WideFS7 registration. For FSUIPC user facilities like button assignments you need an FSUIPC registration. So, yes, both.

Pete