The simFlight Network Forums

Query about control list version 4.961

rayp

I have recently updated to version 4.961 and printed off the new list of controls.  I found a control "Bleed Air Source Control Set", number 66886 on the list and wanted to use it.  However when opening FSX and trying to allocate that control I discovered that the list that appeared in the FSUIPC screen did not go higher than 66860 (View Camera 9).  Is this normal or do I have to do something else to see the controls higher than number 66860.

6 minutes ago, rayp said:

have recently updated to version 4.961 and printed off the new list of controls. 

4.961 is out of date and unsupported, and the list of controls currently spplied was updated some time before, last year I think. It includes the new ones for P3D versions 3 and 4.

8 minutes ago, rayp said:

However when opening FSX and trying to allocate that control I discovered that the list that appeared in the FSUIPC screen did not go higher than 66860 (View Camera 9)

The drop down in FSUIPC isn't in numerical order, but alphabetic, so how do you work that out?

The drop down list is obtained directly from the CONTROLS.DLL installed as part of FS. Is your FSX out of date too?

Pete

I downloaded 4.962 and installed it.  It shows up as 4.962 when I click on AddOns in the FSX menu but the dropdown menu that appears using the Buttons and Switches tab still only shows the list I had before.  I have looked at Controls.dll in FSX and it says it is version 10.0.61472.0 and is dated as 10/12/2007.  If Controls .dll has to be updated, how do I do it to obtain the up to date list of controls shown in the drop down list.

56 minutes ago, rayp said:

downloaded 4.962 and installed it.  It shows up as 4.962 when I click on AddOns in the FSX menu but the dropdown menu that appears using the Buttons and Switches tab still only shows the list I had before.  I have looked at Controls.dll in FSX and it says it is version 10.0.61472.0 and is dated as 10/12/2007.

I don't have FSX as such any more, only FSX-SE.  However, the control list didn't change from how it was in FSX ACC versions. Your controls DLL is SP2 I think.

You didn't answer me about how you determined the drop down doesn't go further than 66860 when it isn't ordered by number.  Didn't you just look in the B's?

If Controls .dll has to be updated, how do I do it to obtain the up to date list of controls shown in the drop down list.

There's no later version for FSX other than that installed for Acceleration., which would be build 61637.

I think there must have been new controls added in Acceleration to support the new aircraft and their cockpits. But my only version of FSX for a long time had been Acceleration. When I made the controls list that was all I could go on, so I'm sorry if it doesn't differentiate between FSX RTM, SP1, SP2 and Acc. The base control list I started with was the old one, dating to just after Acceleration. I'll add a warning about that.

You can't just change one module in FSX. To get the later version you'd need to update to Acceleration, or change to FSX-SE. If there's a control missing in CONTROLS.DLL it means it doean't exist, isn't supported, isn't implemented. This is why FSUIPC doesn't have a fixed list but one generated for the version of FS you are using.

Pete

Thank you for the information regarding the DLL file.  I may think about going to Acceleration.   I determined the number 66886 from the list file in the documentation file.  I have printed the list out and have found it very useful.

Thanks, Ray