The simFlight Network Forums

Pro - no pilot voices

winsaudi

After using Tower!3D standard for many months without a problem I have changed to Pro but I have sound problems. I cannot hear any of the calls made by the pilots. I hear the engine sounds, the waves etc but nothing from the pilots.  I have Windows 10 with the TTS set to "Microsoft David Desktop - English (United States)" and speech recognition set to"Microsoft Speech Recogniser 8.0 for Windows (English - US) but no voices heard at all. When I select "Test speech" I hear nothing.

Also, I can use voice recognition without problems for anything other than Pro but in Pro I seem to be wasting my time trying to talk to aircraft. When I select "Test recog" nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Folks,

Please let us know if running the sim as Admin helps. If it doesn't please post the following:
-your OS version (and bit number, language settings)
-by launching the sim using the tower.bat file it will generate a game.log file. Please attach it to your report. 
Without these information we can't help you so please make sure to include them if you expect a reply from us.

Thank you

Vic

Same problem here.  In the help information, the following sentence appears:

For Tower to 'listen' to your voiced commands the LEFT SHIFT must be pressed and held using the left-mouse-button.  

Can someone explain this sentence?

8 minutes ago, phruegg said:

Same problem here.  In the help information, the following sentence appears:

For Tower to 'listen' to your voiced commands the LEFT SHIFT must be pressed and held using the left-mouse-button.  

Can someone explain this sentence?

It's possibly a typo; all you have to do is push and hold the left SHIFT button while you talk.

Vic

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

My problems were solved in 2 stages.

First, I ran the .exe as an administrator and now I can hear the pilots' voices. So thanks  to those that gave me that advice!

Secondly, it seems my Kaspersky Total Security package was preventing voice input until I 'trusted' towerspeakbridge.exe and now it works most of the time (once I get voice control working it will continue working throughout my session but sometimes at the very start of the session it takes 4 or 5 attempts before Pro realises I am talking to it!)

I have accidentally found a way to have the pilots' voices in my headset but all other sounds through my surround sound speaker system.  If someone who is more tech savvy than me (that's pretty much all of you) can explain how better to do this I'm all ears but right now I launch Pro with my surround sound as default but before starting a session I select my headset as default and strangely, to me anyway, I get the split effect I just mentioned.

13 hours ago, winsaudi said:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

My problems were solved in 2 stages.

First, I ran the .exe as an administrator and now I can hear the pilots' voices. So thanks  to those that gave me that advice!

Secondly, it seems my Kaspersky Total Security package was preventing voice input until I 'trusted' towerspeakbridge.exe and now it works most of the time (once I get voice control working it will continue working throughout my session but sometimes at the very start of the session it takes 4 or 5 attempts before Pro realises I am talking to it!)

I have accidentally found a way to have the pilots' voices in my headset but all other sounds through my surround sound speaker system.  If someone who is more tech savvy than me (that's pretty much all of you) can explain how better to do this I'm all ears but right now I launch Pro with my surround sound as default but before starting a session I select my headset as default and strangely, to me anyway, I get the split effect I just mentioned.

I have started having issues with Kaspersky as well.  Can you  clarify how you Trusted towerspeakbridge?  I found the file, but I am not sure how to do this. 

I have the same problem no pilot voices and the left shift button acknowledges it has been pressed with a chime, but wont recognise any instructions

[game] tower3d.exe.log.lnk

after reading other comments - ran the program as administrator and now works, with voices and voice command. Will have to get used to the different terminology for the voice commands!

[game] tower3d.exe.log.lnk

Edited by bjam62
added log

• 2 months later...

Vic,

Thanks for your help. I have re-downloaded the file, reinstalled in a new directory and  changed the permissions on all the folders and files, Still no voices heard. Voice recognition does work to some degree. However, there is never a text response to a command, even though one is sent. After a push-back command, I do hear the engines spool up and the airport diagram shows a taxi route. This indicates that the command had been received by the aircraft and it is complying. 

Here is another strange issue. If I uninstall the program and then delete the folder, there seems to be some residual data  that is buried somewhere in the system. After re-installing the program, even in a new location, when the program starts and KPHL is chosen, the runway I chose initially still remains. In other words, after a clean reinstall, the program never asks for a default runway. The original runway (27R) shows being selected. This indicates that a clean uninstall has not been performed. I have checked the App data and Application data files for residual data and also ran regedit to see if Tower3d Pro exists anywhere in the registry. Somehow, I am missing a file that contains information about the original install and start of the program. This might be causing legacy problems with the new install. Any ideas?

Thanks again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nick

The registry keys for Feelthere are in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Feelthere\
There may be as many as seven different branches.

What has been done before by some people in other posts is that the program has been uninstalled, the directory structure* deleted if anything remains, then CCleaner is run to clear the registry of any residual entries.

*Directory structure will vary depending on your installation:
BMT Micro = C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro
Steam= C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro

Good luck and may God speed

There were a great deal of residuals in the registry. It was cleaned with regedit and CC. Although, I got back to a clean install, the voices are still not heard. Attached are the only two files that are generated: output_log.txt and speech.log. This might have nothing to do with the issue, but one of the first lines of the output_log.txt shows:

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Victor\Google Drive\Tower!3D Installers\Tower!3DPro\Tower3DProSP1a\mmwindow\mmwindow_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Who is Victor and where is the Google Drive? This could just be part of the development process, but it is worth an answer. 

I guess my next move would be to try to install the program on another computer and see what happens.

Nick

speech.log

output_log.txt