The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple commands for one button press - PMDG 737 landing lights

Hi all,

first post here so go easy, a relatively new user of FSUIPC. 

Ive got almost all the PMDG 737 commands set how I like them on a thrustmaster warthog, however I'm having trouble assigning the landing lights. 

I tried assigning the landing light gang bar event id to a switch but although the gang bar moves in the VC, it doesn't seem to activate the light switches like it does if I mouse click.

As all the (4) individual light switches are activated with their own event id, my solution to this was to try and command all 4 event ids with the flick of one switch. 

Unless anyone has has found a simpler way of achieving this, how can I assign 4 event ids to one switch? I read in another forum post about editing the .ini file with reference to the 'advanced manual' but I can't find that anywhere!

thanks in advance,

Liam 

16 minutes ago, liamkirkham said:

As all the (4) individual light switches are activated with their own event id, my solution to this was to try and command all 4 event ids with the flick of one switch. 

Unless anyone has has found a simpler way of achieving this, how can I assign 4 event ids to one switch? I read in another forum post about editing the .ini file with reference to the 'advanced manual' but I can't find that anywhere!

To have multiple actions on one button you need to edit the INI file. A button can have as many assignments to it as you like, but to keep it easy for 99% of users, the dialog options screen only handles one (or two if you include button release).

It is just a matter of finding the correct assignment for the first action, in the INI, and copying it with new numbered lines with the other "event" or control numbers.

Your FSUIPC documentations is in the subfolder of the Modules folder oddly called "FSUIPC Documents". All the documentation is there, as well as useful examples of Lua plug-ins. This fact IS pointed out in the Installation document which you would have seen in the original ZIP file download. Should I assume, then, that you have never looked at the main User Guide either?

The reason for the reference to the Advanced Users guide is that it is there where the format of the Button and Key assignments in the INI file is explained, and there are examples of multiple assignments as well as more sophisticated ones like conditional ones using flags and/or offset values.

Pete