The simFlight Network Forums

Hot brakes on new PMDG 747

Pete, when I land my 747 I get hot brakes, PMDG Support suggest "to rename the FSUIPC.ini file and then try it again to see if there is any change in condition and let me know"

I am reluctant to do this without your guidance.

Do you believe FSUIPC is delivering hard braking thus causing my brakes to glow red?

And comments or suggestions welcome?

Thanks

Buzz

4 hours ago, buzzard sydney said:

when I land my 747 I get hot brakes, PMDG Support suggest "to rename the FSUIPC.ini file and then try it again to see if there is any change in condition and let me know"

What indicates "hot brakes"? There's certainly nothing in FS which will do so, and since FSUIPC only handles FS values, it is impossible for FSUIPC to have anything to do with it. If PMDG have programmed in code for simulating hot brakes then they are the only people who will know why and how to fix it.

4 hours ago, buzzard sydney said:

Do you believe FSUIPC is delivering hard braking thus causing my brakes to glow red?

FSUIPC itself doesn't do anything. It certainly doesn't do any braking. it does no throttle changing, no yoke moving, no rudder, no nothing. It only obeys what you tell it to do. If you have assigned brakes in FSUIPC or in FS and then calibrated them wrongly, whether in FSUIPC or in Windows Game Controllers, then they may well be applied even when you aren't pressing them. It is up to you to calibrate them correctly so there is no braking with your feet off the pedals.

Other add-on companies seem to always blame FSUIPC because it's an easier get out for them rather than applying themselves.

Pete