The simFlight Network Forums

Ignore tiller mapping if joystick disconnected

Hello all,

recently I've ran into a bit of an issue.

Due to the way FSL Airbus is programmed, I have mapped the rotational axis on the joystick I use for it as steering tiller.

On most other airplanes, I use a Saitek yoke.

Previously I'd used separate profiles, but I just moved to P3D and figured there isn't really a need for that right now, as there will only be one or the other connected so there is never any interference.
However, the simulator still behaved like it would with tiller active, even with the joystick disconnected. Given that joystick wasn't connected, I couldn't even delete the assignment

would it be possible to make it so that if the controller with tiller axis mapping is disconnected, tiller is ignored, and rudder would be connected normally at slow speeds?

Thanks

Hi,

would it be possible to make it so that if the controller with tiller axis mapping is disconnected, tiller is ignored, and rudder would be connected normally at slow speeds?

in real life you have exactly the opposite, at low speed Tiller because the Rudder wouldn't have any effect because of too little airflow over its surface. And that is what you can setup in FSUIPC very easy.

Are you sure you are looking for the option you describe above? Actually that would be very pointless to have a Tiller axis defined that never will do anything, remember the nose wheel steering does get also in FSX/ P3D less effective with increasing speed.

You want normally the Tiller for steering on ground and low speed and with increasing speed the Rudder gets blended in and the Tiller gets blended out.

Thomas

Yes, I am sure.

Let me reiterate the situation:

I own:

• a set of Saitek pedals, always connected
  • a joystick with twist axis, used to fly the Airbus and small aircraft
  • a yoke, used to fly everything else.

My goal is to maintain the separate tiller whenever the joystick is connected.
However, if I start my sim with the joystick disconnected, and yoke connected, I cannot use the tiller axis and would like to retain steering by rudder pedals.

Did you try in FSUIPC4,ini file

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

Make sure controllers are disabled in FSX/ P3D, then assign the Rudder axis in FSUIPC as Rudder to Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration and the Tiller axis for the Joystick as Steering Set to Send to FS as normal axis

Thomas