The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, VBA and LUA's

Hello. Does anyone know if ipc.readLvar and ipc.writeLvar can be used directly in VBA? In other words,  I am able to access the Lvar's indirectly by using a lua to read and write to an unused FSUIPC offset (say 66C7) and then read and write to the LVars (say "L:VSpeed_V1") but I was wondering if vba allowed direct use of ipc.readLvar  and ipc.writeLvar.

2 hours ago, gr8guitar said:

Does anyone know if ipc.readLvar and ipc.writeLvar can be used directly in VBA? In other words,  I am able to access the Lvar's indirectly by using a lua to read and write to an unused FSUIPC offset (say 66C7) and then read and write to the LVars (say "L:VSpeed_V1") but I was wondering if vba allowed direct use of ipc.readLvar  and ipc.writeLvar.

No, Lua is interpreted by FSUIPC in loaded plug-ins. Those functions are added into the Lua interpreter in FSUIPC, they are not general functions of Lua and certainly not VBA.

However, from an FSUIPC application you can read and write LVars via offset 0D70, as described in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status document installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete

Oh yes, I know I can use LUA, I have it working just fine using the lua's. I was just wondering, if there is a more efficient way, a shortcut within VBA. Thanks for your time and information. And thanks again to Chris Brett whose contribution to allow us to use FSUIPC and VB (actually I use VBA within Excel). Consequently, is there a way to purchase WideFS for FS9 and FSX? I already have the registered FSUIPC versions for FS9 and FSX but I don't want to purchase both FSUIPC and WideFS for FSX.

27 minutes ago, gr8guitar said:

Oh yes, I know I can use LUA, I have it working just fine using the lua's. I was just wondering, if there is a more efficient way, a shortcut within VBA.

The way from VBA, if you can access offsets as you seem to confirm by your first message, is using the 0D70 offset, as I thought I clearly stated! I did not say you should use Lua, I said you could NOT use Lua from VBA. Please read my replies more carefully!

29 minutes ago, gr8guitar said:

Consequently, is there a way to purchase WideFS for FS9 and FSX?

You have to make two separate purchases, one for WideFS6 for FS9 and the other for WideFS7 for FSX. You don't need to purchase the "package" with FSUIPCs included.

Pete