Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
diceflo

I can finally show my problem

Recommended Posts

Ok, finally I can show my problem. I am not computer savy so this is a big step. This has been bothering me for months. It started when I switched over from P3D v2 to v3. I had a hard time explaining this but now it can be shown. I hope someone can help me with this. I am using Shadow ai in this video but it happens with follow, view, and chase ai. I am also using ultimate traffic live but it was happening way before that. I am somewhat confused with using views with the two programs. I start out with locked spot view but then when I use shadow ai then the view changes to ai view. I assume that's normal but maybe P3D v3 works differently. Anyway, I really hope someone can offer advice. I have ruled out other addons because I disabled them but kept super traffic board active.Thanks so much.

 

https://youtu.be/I4t9xen0Ano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diceflo said:

Ok, finally I can show my problem. I am not computer savy so this is a big step. This has been bothering me for months. It started when I switched over from P3D v2 to v3. I had a hard time explaining this but now it can be shown. I hope someone can help me with this. I am using Shadow ai in this video but it happens with follow, view, and chase ai. I am also using ultimate traffic live but it was happening way before that. I am somewhat confused with using views with the two programs. I start out with locked spot view but then when I use shadow ai then the view changes to ai view. I assume that's normal but maybe P3D v3 works differently. Anyway, I really hope someone can offer advice. I have ruled out other addons because I disabled them but kept super traffic board active.Thanks so much.

What version of SuperTraffic Board do you have running?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I can completely understand what is happening.  When activating "Shadow AI", STB assumes you want to look at it also and changes the view.  It's controllable as per the screenshot, but I don't think I added an option to keep the view the same.  Is that what you'd like?

Thanks
Simon

Capture.PNG.037a52cbc186f60d0787ad237a9fd583.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it is as simple as that.

I took a flight today and I unselected the P3D extra views and used follow ai but it started shaking again but this time it was not until it reached 25,000 feet and not as violent. It doesn't happen on the ground even using the extra views just in the air.

What should I use to follow the plane? should I use shadow ai or follow ai. Do you think that P3D V3 has some sort of confusion with STB. Because I used shadow ai in P3D v2 and never had a problem.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2017 at 5:13 PM, diceflo said:

I took a flight today and I unselected the P3D extra views and used follow ai but it started shaking again but this time it was not until it reached 25,000 feet and not as violent. It doesn't happen on the ground even using the extra views just in the air.

Exactly which "view" are you using?

 

On 15/04/2017 at 5:13 PM, diceflo said:

What should I use to follow the plane? should I use shadow ai or follow ai. Do you think that P3D V3 has some sort of confusion with STB. Because I used shadow ai in P3D v2 and never had a problem.

It depends:

"Follow AI" keeps the user plane at some distance from the AI aircraft, but close enough to try to keep it in the "reality bubble" so the simulator does not delete it for optimisation purposes.  The posistion of the user is updated less frequently, so slight less load on the simulator.  For most purposes, this is the one to use.

"Shadow AI" updates the user plane every simulator frame to place it at the "centre" of the AI aircraft.  Where the actual centre is seems to vary according to aircraft speed it would appear.  This is the one to use if you have airport sceneries that only build detail (for example, gate clutter) around the user aircraft and not around AI aircraft.  By placing both together, you can usually convince the simulator to add the detail.

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edit: one thing i found but never happened before is a warning that loadvirtualcockpit is not set to 1 in the cfg file of P3d v3. I don't have that command in the cfg file. STB eventually loads but maybe that's my problem. Like I said I have never gotten this warning before.

I am using follow ai, but it happens on shadow ai too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know how to fix the loadvirtualcockpit flag is not set to 1 in the cfg file? I put that line in the config file but it still pops up every time I load STB. If I click on the message about 6 times then STB loads up but I don't think that's the best thing to do. It means something is wrong with my setup. Could be a bigger problem in the future. thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It needs to be in your "SIM" section:

[SIM]
LoadAIVirtualCockpit=1

The STB Installer will do that automatically for you, but if you have deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file at a later time it needs to be added again manually.

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, i put it in the wrong line the first time but fixed it. I am still getting a little bit of jumping around with the planes but seems to be less. Fair warning, I bought ultimate traffic live so I am sure i will have more questions later on down the road :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revisiting this problem because surprise, surprise it has now shown up in P3D V4. I am still not sure what is happening but the latest thought is that it's a problem with the view mode. I think it's because the view is not in locked spot so the plane shakes. I don't know how to change the view because when I click to shadow or follow a plane it automatically goes to the ai planes view (which makes sense). I can't believe I can't get rid of this problem even with a brand new fresh install of P3D V4. I would love to get some help with this. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In STB v4, we only have the standard ViewAI command for both Shadow and Follow.  That looks at and tracks the AI aircraft chosen.  If the camera is shaking, I dont know why that is.  The only thing I can suggest at this time is to review the global camera.cfg file and see if changing any of the parameter for the AI camera.

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have EZDOK?

I found the camera was shaking as it took the information from user plane, buried inside the AI in shadow view. The user plane was 'stalling' causing the camera to shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have EZDOK. I have just learned to live with the problem and pretend that all the skies are turbulent all over the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×