The simFlight Network Forums

loss of X55 throttle

Just up dated P3D3.4 to latest ver. have lost the X55 throttle in FSUIPC. Tried the new FSUIPC, installing new simconnect, tried switching JS #'s as suggested. Uninstalled FSUIPC and X55, reinstalled all. FSUIPC still does not "see" my throttle. Log att'ed.

FSUIPC4.log

58 minutes ago, oldpop said:

Just up dated P3D3.4 to latest ver. have lost the X55 throttle in FSUIPC. Tried the new FSUIPC, installing new simconnect, tried switching JS #'s as suggested. Uninstalled FSUIPC and X55, reinstalled all. FSUIPC still does not "see" my throttle. Log att'ed.

FSUIPC4.log

The log shows both X55 stick and throttle recognised, as joysticks 1 and 2, with your Saitek rudder as 0. Do you perhaps has the assignments differently? Really with multiple controls you should use joy letters. Do you?

The log shows a different problem entirely, one concerning SimConnect's faculties. That's the puzzle, not joystick devices.

Pete

1 hour ago, oldpop said:

this may help.

Why on Earth put my SimConnectP3D3.DLL in the main P3D folder? It is only used by FSUIPC4 and it won't find it there!  DELETE IT! Just download and install FSUIPC 4.966 which with install a new DLL in the correct place!

1 hour ago, oldpop said:

Not sure how to make devices a letter vs numbers.

Why not try the User uide? That's what it is for. There's a chapter about it which is even listed in the Contents, right near the beginning! Or just change "AutoAssignLetters" to Yes in the [JoyNames] section of this INI file if you don'tcare what letters are used. i prefer letters liky Y for yoke, T for throttle, R for Rudder etc.

Pete

I wish you'd show the files not screen shots that are harder to read and cannot be quoted from! And what's the first one for with an arrow pointing to what looks like it might be SimConnectP3D3?

The screenshot of part of the INI file (which as I said would have been far better as text) shows that you've edited the [JoyNames] section and made a mess of it. If I could get at the text I could show you more clearly, but you appear to have changed the letters assigned to all the device, using S, C, T and R, but you left the all important accompanying GUIDs as their defaults of A, B, C, and D.

The result is that nothing will match!

Please do read the documentation a little more carefully. You will see there are TWO lines for each device, the name and the GUID. Changing one without the other makes it completely unusable. In the event it would have been far better to just let the automatic lettering, A ... Z do its job.

Pete

Hello Pete and happy Easter.

I have the same problem with my saitek throttle from version 4964.

In file .ini I have all ok, but when I open P3D for a flight my throttle don't function.

Attach the .ini and .log file for your analysis.

Thank you for all.

I'm sorry for my english.

Roberto

FSUIPC4.log

Pete; I have followed all the steps outlined above, read the docs did a reinstall of P3D .19475, VRS and FSIPC work OK.  Uninstalled all, installed latest P3D .19868, no other add on a/c or other patches.  Got the same problem back. Followed you steps again FSUIPC, still not "seeing" the X55 throttle.

Here is the  folder! in 2 parts

FSUIPC4.DLL

Hi,

Works OK, I tried also your definition.

But the only definition in your INI file is for

A=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
A.GUID={B15E4040-937C-11E5-8002-444553540000}
with a profile only for
[Profile.35]
1=F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron

and buttons for trim UP and DN

[Buttons.35]
0=RA,8,C65615,0  -{ELEV_TRIM_UP}-
1=RA,6,C65607,0  -{ELEV_TRIM_DN}-

Just delete those (Profile.32 and Buttons.35 sections) and define them new.
In case the controllers might have been re-arranged they maybe swapped and the functions are no longer on the controller you expect.

Thomas

The "buttons" &  "Profile" above were generated in testing.  The buttons were both on the joystick and worked OK, but FSUIPC didn't recognize any buttons from the X 55 throttle.  I can program TH buttons to a function in P3D so I feel that the throttle output is working.

I replaced the ".ini" file with "clean" FSUIPC (which still do not recognize the TH) with one of my backup ini files.  The FSUIPC recognizes the JS inputs but not the TH???

I am going to install FSX:SE and see it all works there.

Thanks for all the help so far.

FSUIPC4 (2).ini

You've not made a log yet with joystick diagnostic logging enabled. That might be useful for me to see what is happening.

To do this add these two lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. Please update to 4.966c (now released) first:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Then show me the log please. I don't need any other files at this stage, but the next step might be examining the registry.

BTW there are other threads showing problems with the X55, especially if you've installed the Saitek drivers. Here are some instances which were resolved successfully 

There are a few others if you do a search.

Pete

4 hours ago, oldpop said:

installed "C" made line changes. ran both FSXSE and P3D.  Results the same .. no TH /both logs att'ed

Apart from the Logs being rather odd, showing re-scans during the short sessions for no apparent reason (not logging USB reconnections, for example), you did not enable the extra logging as instructed so they are not really useful at all i'm afraid. :-(

They do show your "X55 Rhino Throttle" detected as Joystick device 2 when you ran P3D, but changed to 1 when running FSX a little later (and the Registry amended to match). Without seeing your INI file for the two I don't know why, but I'd guess that's how you had them defined from before.

You'll need to see what you've assigned them too. Maybe you should consider using Joy Letters so your assignments are independent of Joystick ID.

Did you research the other threads on the X-55 problems? The X-55, or the drivers Saitek install, do seem rather problematic. Probably the majority of requests for help with joysticks are for the X55 (and similar models, like the X56).

Pete

Well I left off some "0" on the ini file. I have used FSUIPC for many years and never really had any problem until now.  Used it with my X52Pro, and for 3 yr my X55. Set up profiles for maybe 15 a/c with out a hitch until now.

I have read all the thread, think I have followed your advice (now), read the docs, but still have the problem.  Today I install FSX:SE on my laptop, added the latest FSUIPC4, plugged in my X55, and have the same problem.  This is now 2 sim on 2 computers that has the problem.  The sim's all see my controllers and button OK, and they function perfectly.

The attached files are my latest. Joy names are now letters, "plz log" entry correct and one profile opened.(vrs). On my x55 I only programmed 2 functions A and S to one hat on the stick (shows now as controller "A").  When selecting "Axis" and moving rudder it see the correct letter (C) as well, but when I try to set a button on the Throttle, no letter (B) appears in the box. (see pic).

Don't know where to go from here, unless you want to do a "teamviewer" session with me. :(

FSUIPC4 Install.log

upc1.jpg

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

15 minutes ago, oldpop said:

On my x55 I only programmed 2 functions A and S to one hat on the stick (shows now as controller "A").  

So, you are now saying that FSUIPC is seeing the X-55 stick? You programmed 2 functions on the hat on that stick? And you say it shows as "A".  

If it can read 2 buttons, it can read 32. They all arrive together, along with the axis values, in one data bundle. You can't get just buttons or just axes or just parts. The data structure in USB and the DirectInput software provides the lot every time the software asks.

20 minutes ago, oldpop said:

When selecting "Axis" and moving rudder it see the correct letter (C) as well, but when I try to set a button on the Throttle, no letter (B) appears in the box. (see pic).

So the only problem device is the X-55 Throttle? Only buttons not working? what about the levers, the axes?

The INI file is odd. The JoyNames section:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
B=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
B.GUID={B160B140-937C-11E5-8006-444553540000}
C=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
C.GUID={B15E4040-937C-11E5-8001-444553540000}

shows no devices detected at all. There should be lines for each of those giving the actual ID, equating the sames and GUIDs to real devices! And the log shows there WERE real devices detect. So when was this INI from? It couldn't have been AFTER your last test session, the one for which the Log is provided!

FSUIPC doesn't change the letter assignments. They have to match the names and GUIDs on the numeric values.

The log shows Stick as 0, Throttle as 1, and Rudder as 2, though the Registry was fixed to make the last correct. Apparently it didn't have an ID.

Anyway, the Log shows these lines being written to the INI:

140 ---------- Making INI JoyNames Section ----------
      140    Joy#0: Finding name in "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_2215\"
      140    Joy#0: OEMName = "Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick"
      140    Joy#0: GUID = {B15E4040-937C-11E5-8002-444553540000}
      140    Joy#1: Finding name in "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_A215\"
      140    Joy#1: OEMName = "Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle"
      140    Joy#1: GUID = {B160B140-937C-11E5-8006-444553540000}
      140    Joy#2: Finding name in "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_06A3&PID_0763\"
      140    Joy#2: OEMName = "Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals"
      140    Joy#2: GUID = {B15E4040-937C-11E5-8001-444553540000}

So why give me an out of date INI?

The log shows nothing else useful FSUIPC is certainly doing the right things.  Funny, though, in all the reports of X-55 problems it seems to be the Throttle more than the Stick.

Perhaps you could answer the question posed above about the levers on the throttle, and also try logging with Axis and Button logging enabled.

Did you do the research into problems with the X-55 -- and Win10

If we get no further after this I'll look to see what other logging I can invoke to get at the truth. Pictures don't help, so please don't send any more. i believe you if you tell me what oyu do and see.

Pete

Okay, the JoyNames section is now correct:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
B=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
B.GUID={B160B140-937C-11E5-8006-444553540000}
C=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
C.GUID={B15E4040-937C-11E5-8001-444553540000}
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
0.GUID={B15E4040-937C-11E5-8002-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={B160B140-937C-11E5-8006-444553540000}
2=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
2.GUID={B15E4040-937C-11E5-8001-444553540000}

There's one very odd thing that the log shows straightaway: the initial Joystick Scanning which FSUIPC does even before connecting to the sim, is actually repeated later, after the connection, after the aircraft is loaded, but before the sim has completed loading:

150453 #### Initialising Dlrectinput Axis Scanning ...
etc

Then, odder still, is the repetition of the section writing the JoyNames details, here

163812 ---------- Making INI JoyNames Section ----------
and here:

264328 ---------- Making INI JoyNames Section ----------

You closed the session shortly after that last, apparently without leaving the starting dialogue so never reaching the "ready to fly" stage.

There's no mechanism in FSUIPC for repeating the scan except:

1) on detecting a USB device connecting or re-connecting. however, that would be logged by 
***** HID USB device reconnected: re-initialising FSUIPC connections
(This can be turned off by changing "AutoScanDevices" to 'No' -- but it is 'Yes' as standard and is better left enabled.)

2) When you go in and out of the Axis options tab, and you certainly couldn't have done that in the 16 ms between the first two instances, but I'm not sure about the full rescan later. Surely you didn't (couldn't) enter the options before everything had settled and "ready to fly"?

3) When an aircraft is loaded which invokes a change of profile. However, the log shows only one aircraft loading, right at the beginning:
    21906 Aircraft="VFA-31 "Tomcatters" 101"

So, I've no idea what's so odd with your system at the moment, and it certainly is odd, very odd. Even odder if exactly the same thing is happening on two separate systems -- unless you made one as a copy of the other.

Now, I don't think any of this above is really directly connected to the unresponsive throttle. It's all just an indication of something awry. I'll think about how to work out what it is -- aybe even more logging needs to be inserted to track the paths to these incidents.

To glean a bit more about the throttle quadrant, concentrating just on the buttons for now, could you please enable button logging in FSUIPC's Logging options, then operate some buttons (maybe once each, in sequence). Then show me that log.

Incidentally, you have those additional lines i asked for in the INI twice:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000
Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

This won't do any harm, but you might forget to remove both copies when all this os over.

I'm afraid it might not be the weekend now before I can do more on this.

Pete