The simFlight Network Forums

P3D not recognizing a second Pokey Controller in FSUIPC

I have just installed the latest version of P3D and the latest version FSUIPC, this is a registered version.  When I select FSUIPC from the add-on's it only recognizes one of my Pokey's controllers.  If I launch FSX, they are both there in FSUIPC and configurable.

What am I doing wrong in P3D????

Thanks,  Tim

I'm currently investigating two other cases with multiple devices of exactly the same types. 

The odd thing is that since 4.966 was released only yesterday I've already had three similar reports, although this code has not changed at all in 4.966 -- it was like this in 4.965 two weeks ago! How come no one used that?

Pete

Further to my last reply, to help me work out what is wrong could you please add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

then run the Sim (only till ready to fly, then close) and show me the FSUIPC4.LOG.

You can remove those two lines afterwards.

Pete

3 minutes ago, 1G5 said:

Here are the requested files, the _Debug.log has your additional code.

FSUIPC4_P3D_Debug.log

You'll need to delete the bad entries in the [JoyNames] section when I provide an updated FSUIPC for you to try. i.e with this, as it is at present:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Pokey #1
0.GUID={B527DB20-EDC0-11E5-8001-444553540000}
1=Pokey #1
1.GUID={B527DB20-EDC0-11E5-8001-444553540000}

delete the GUID line for the device for which the assignments are not currently working.

Pete

1 hour ago, 1G5 said:

I'll try your fix later.

No fix yet. I just said to remove the error results in the INI file manaually before each test.

I am thinking of posting a link to a version to test soon. I don't have two identical devices to test with here.

Pete

Pete,

I have several modules folders,  one for FSX & one for P3D.  I assume you want it installed in the P3D.

if so, I have completed as you instructed...no joy.  do I need to do anything to the .INI file?

Tim

Pete,

did some testing, if i unplug them and plug them in one by one it recognizes them, but if you shut it down then it does not work.

it seams that it keeps incrementing the Joy# up each time it is replugged in.  I'm up to #4 & #5.

Does this help?

Tim

2 hours ago, 1G5 said:

I have several modules folders,  one for FSX & one for P3D.  I assume you want it installed in the P3D.

For all that you use.

10 hours ago, 1G5 said:

You requested the log files for FSX, P3D and the _Debug log.

They are ordinary text files. If you ZIP them they will be very small and should attach easily. But easier still is to paste their contents into a message a message. You can use the <> button above the edit area to insert them, tidily.

2 hours ago, 1G5 said:

Can I uninstall FSUIPC and do a fresh install?

That's no different from replacing the DLL. That's all the Install really does, apart from documentation updates. And there's no installer for this update yet anyway.

Maybe you should show me the logs using the new DLL and with those lines in the INI, so I get the extra diagnostics.

This interim update now has several good independent reports of the fix working to deal with multiple instances of the same device.

2 hours ago, 1G5 said:

it seams that it keeps incrementing the Joy# up each time it is replugged in.  I'm up to #4 & #5.

Does this help?

No, not without logs with the diagnostics. But before doing anything, try deleting at least the GUID lines in [JoyNames]. There could still be a problem where they are identical.

Pete

Pete,

I have faced another problem with FSUIPC & P3D.  Everything was working fine, I accidentally started P3D without the pokeys plugged into the computer.  I shutdown P3D, plugged in the USB controls in and restarted P3D and no joy.  P3D recognized the controllers were plugged in but FSUIPC did not recognize any of the controllers.  The fix was to edit the .ini file to again remove the devices in [JoyNames] section, but left all calibration data.  I restarted and everything worked.

The only other thing I changed when I started P3D that session was the date & time, could this effect things?  Attached are the log & ini files.

Regards,

Tim

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, 1G5 said:

I have faced another problem with FSUIPC & P3D.  Everything was working fine, I accidentally started P3D without the pokeys plugged into the computer.  I shutdown P3D, plugged in the USB controls in and restarted P3D and no joy.  P3D recognized the controllers were plugged in but FSUIPC did not recognize any of the controllers.  The fix was to edit the .ini file to again remove the devices in [JoyNames] section, but left all calibration data.  I restarted and everything worked.

Did you plug in to the same USB port?

Here I can unplug and replug devices at any time, whether FS/P3D is running or not. The assignments stay. They are dictated by the Registry, not by FSUIPC. But then though I've got, for instance, two apparently identical Bodnar boards, Windows and therefore FSUIPC distinguishes them by their Serial numbers, which, unfortunately, many devices don't supply on the USB interface.

Are you sure when you say "FSUIPC did not recognize any of the controllers" that the two Pokeys were not simply swapped? Apart from two Pokeys, what others are there? How did you decide FSUIPC didn't recognize them?

Deleting JoyNames won't magically make FSUIPC "recognize" joystick devices! the entries there only tell it how to assign them when it has recognised them. so I think you are not describing this properly.

What probably happened was that, since the Pokeys devices are probably indistinguishable to FSUIPC, it saw them in a different order and so cross-assigned them. the fix is simply to change the numbers or letters or both over in the JoyNames section.

Pete

Did you plug in to the same USB port?  Yes

Here I can unplug and replug devices at any time, whether FS/P3D is running or not. The assignments stay. They are dictated by the Registry, not by FSUIPC. But then though I've got, for instance, two apparently identical Bodnar boards, Windows and therefore FSUIPC distinguishes them by their Serial numbers, which, unfortunately, many devices don't supply on the USB interface.

Are you sure when you say "FSUIPC did not recognize any of the controllers" that the two Pokeys were not simply swapped? Apart from two Pokeys, what others are there? How did you decide FSUIPC didn't recognize them? I launched P3D, then opened FSUIPC then review the axis and button assignments and  neither Pokeys responded.  Of course when I look in controls in P3D, both PoKeys were recognized.

Deleting JoyNames won't magically make FSUIPC "recognize" joystick devices! the entries there only tell it how to assign them when it hasrecognised them. so I think you are not describing this properly.  I deleted all the information under the section of JoyNames and it worked when I restarted FSUIPC.

What probably happened was that, since the Pokeys devices are probably indistinguishable to FSUIPC, it saw them in a different order and so cross-assigned them. the fix is simply to change the numbers or letters or both over in the JoyNames section.

I"ll keep an eye on these errors.

Tim