The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 and P3D throttle and stick problems

Hi

I have just installed the latest P3D and FSUIPC4 programs together with the Saitek Proflight X55 Rhino throttle, stick and rudder controls. On the FSUIPC options buttons and axes pages the controls are not being recognized. But they are on the calibration page. I have attached the .log and .ini files. Your assistance would be very much appreciated thank you. 

John

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

18 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

On the FSUIPC options buttons and axes pages the controls are not being recognized. But they are on the calibration page.

You must have the axes assigned in the Sim then. Do NOT try assigning in both FSUIPC and the Sim. Use one or the other. If assigning in FSUIPC, disable controllers in the Sim.

These are the devices detected by FSUIPC

187 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      203 Product= Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
      203    Manufacturer= Saitek
      203    Vendor=06A3, Product=0764 (Version 2.1)
      203    Assigned joystick id 2 (Registry okay)
      218    GUID= {A86269B0-067D-11E7-800D-444553540000}
      218 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      218    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      218    Serial Number= G0011370
      218    Vendor=0738, Product=2215 (Version 0.87)
      218    Assigned joystick id 1 (Registry okay)
      218    GUID= {A8617F50-067D-11E7-8007-444553540000}
      218 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      218    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      218    Serial Number= G0001644
      218    Vendor=0738, Product=A215 (Version 0.119)
      218    Assigned joystick id 0 (Registry okay)
      218    GUID= {A8613130-067D-11E7-8005-444553540000}
      218 -------------------------------------------------------------------

as confirmed in the INI file too:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
2.GUID={A86269B0-067D-11E7-800D-444553540000}
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
0.GUID={A8613130-067D-11E7-8005-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
1.GUID={A8617F50-067D-11E7-8007-444553540000}

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please try FSUIPC 4.966b and let me know. Just open the ZIP and copy over the FSUIPC4.DLL into your Modules folder. It is working fine here with multiple Bodnar boards (all i could find here today).

You had 4.965, NOT the latest!

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I would have had the latest  as I only bought it on the 15 April. I have copied the file down to the modules folder as suggested.

You must have the axes assigned in the Sim then. Do NOT try assigning in both FSUIPC and the Sim. Use one or the other. If assigning in FSUIPC, disable controllers in the Sim.

I did already have the controllers disabled in the Control Settings page, sorry I should have mentioned that. 

The buttons and switches pages and also the axes pages are still not showing any responses to actions on the throttles, stick controls. 

I have the aircraft loaded at an airport when accessing fsuipc.

John

1 hour ago, Kegs1953 said:

I did already have the controllers disabled in the Control Settings page, sorry I should have mentioned that.

If controllers are disabled in the Sim, and not assigned in FSUIPC (as shown in your INI) then what is sending the axis controls you can see moving in FSUIPC calibration? It sounds like you have some other third party software handling the controls. If so it is not surprising that FSUIPC can't see them for assignment.

If there is no such third party program doing it then you must be wrong in one of two ways:

1. The controllers are NOT disabled in the sim, or
2.  The INI you supplied is not the one actually in use. Maybe you are looking in a different Modules folder?

I thought I would have had the latest  as I only bought it on the 15 April.

4.966 was released on the 15th -- maybe at a different time? And in any case purchasing is not downloading. Most folks download it and install it before purchasing.

Pete

Hello Pete,  

since yesterday morning i have the same problem with my Joysticks in the FSUIPC!  I use Win10 and P3D in last Version, Bodnar controller and Arcaze boards!  

Yesterday my wireless Mouse and keybord disconnect by running P3D, and after some minutes i get it back to work!  
I restart my PC and P3D, but all my Joystick axes und buttons not avaiible! in Win10 at the gamecontroller they are there and work well!  
I update the FSUIPC to your latest Version 4966 without any better result!
This morning i found this threads here in your forum. Now i be back to the version 4964 and the buttons and axes are back!  

When i can help, let me know wich files to you need to have a look on it.  

Regards Peter

34 minutes ago, Pete Fuss said:

Yesterday my wireless Mouse and keybord disconnect by running P3D, and after some minutes i get it back to work!

Seems you have some fort of USB problem. FSUIPC has nothing to do with keyboard or mouse.

35 minutes ago, Pete Fuss said:

I update the FSUIPC to your latest Version 4966 without any better result!
This morning i found this threads here in your forum. Now i be back to the version 4964 and the buttons and axes are back!  

When i can help, let me know wich files to you need to have a look on it.  

Wait for 4.966c, being uploaded within the next hour. Come back if it still doesn't work. I'll need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG file -- you can paste the contents into a message here.

Pete

On 4/17/2017 at 10:56 AM, Pete Dowson said:

If controllers are disabled in the Sim, and not assigned in FSUIPC (as shown in your INI) then what is sending the axis controls you can see moving in FSUIPC calibration? It sounds like you have some other third party software handling the controls. If so it is not surprising that FSUIPC can't see them for assignment.

If there is no such third party program doing it then you must be wrong in one of two ways:

1. The controllers are NOT disabled in the sim, or
2.  The INI you supplied is not the one actually in use. Maybe you are looking in a different Modules folder?

4.966 was released on the 15th -- maybe at a different time? And in any case purchasing is not downloading. Most folks download it and install it before purchasing.

Pete

Hi Pete

The controllers were definitely disabled in the sim and there is only one Modules folder. I have now installed the latest 4966c  and the throttle and stick controls are still not being seen in FSUIPC4. I feel that you are right in that something else may be affecting or interfering such as a third party program. I do not want to go and do something stupid deleting things without good reason.

It may not be the norm but I did in fact download FSUIPC4 after the purchase. I had spent some time viewing the forum, problems and comments and solutions before deciding to go ahead with the purchase.

Would a good suggestion to start with be to do a complete uninstall of the X55 controls, drivers and software followed by a reinstall. P3D is seeing the controls ok and they are responding ok when flying. I am not good at working in the Registry area and therefore not too sure when and if items here should be deleted

I appreciate your help and extreme patience when dealing with people like myself not experienced in the technical side of software. Thank you.

John

25 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

Would a good suggestion to start with be to do a complete uninstall of the X55 controls, drivers and software followed by a reinstall.

What Saitek software are you using? I have strong doubts over software which does anything with these devices, especially from Saitek. I'd try first shutting down such software -- yes, by uninstalling the devices then reinstalling BUT without installing ANY software at all.

To uninstall properly, do the usual uninstall from the Windows control panel "Programs & Features" facility, and then go to the Device Manager (in "System") and uninstall them there too. Re-boot and just let Windows discover the devices and re-enable them. Check in the Device Manager that they are there and don't have a funny mark on them saying they won't work through lack of drivers. Only if they do, proceed to install drivers, but not any other Saitek software.

Then try that.

Pete

29 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

What Saitek software are you using? I have strong doubts over software which does anything with these devices, especially from Saitek. I'd try first shutting down such software -- yes, by uninstalling the devices then reinstalling BUT without installing ANY software at all.

To uninstall properly, do the usual uninstall from the Windows control panel "Programs & Features" facility, and then go to the Device Manager (in "System") and uninstall them there too. Re-boot and just let Windows discover the devices and re-enable them. Check in the Device Manager that they are there and don't have a funny mark on them saying they won't work through lack of drivers. Only if they do, proceed to install drivers, but not any other Saitek software.

Then try that.

Pete

I uninstalled as you suggested and re-booted and let windows find and install the drivers. I checked that they had been installed in device drivers and ready - all ok. No software installed. Back into P3D, checked the controller was disabled and then into FSUIPC and again nothing. Frustrating. I attach the .install and .ini logs

John

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.ini

4 hours ago, Kegs1953 said:

I attach the .install and .ini logs

It was the FSUIPC4.LOG I needed, not the install log!

The INI file definitely shows they have been detected with Joystick IDs as shown here:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
0.GUID={A86269B0-067D-11E7-800D-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
1.GUID={A8617F50-067D-11E7-8007-444553540000}
2=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
2.GUID={A8613130-067D-11E7-8005-444553540000}

Apart from this, the INI file looks like it's almost all default. Surely you haven't been deleting your INI files? If so, why?

When you say:

4 hours ago, Kegs1953 said:

... into FSUIPC and again nothing.

what EXACTLY do you mean? No buttons seen on the Buttons & Switches tab with ANY of the 3 attached and detected controllers?  No axes recognised in the Axes tab when you move any levers or pedals?

A couple of days back you said:

On 4/16/2017 at 8:29 PM, Kegs1953 said:

On the FSUIPC options buttons and axes pages the controls are not being recognized. But they are on the calibration page.

and when I pointed out that you must have had controllers enabled still in the sim you said they weren't, that they were disabled there. This certainly indicates something else was sending the controls, not FSUIPC or the Sim. So what?

Is this still the case, the axes work in the Calibration tab even though no one is sending them? An impossible situation.

If you do send a proper FSUIPC log (not the Install log), please first, before running the Sim, add these lines to the [General] section FSUIPC4.INI file 

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Also, go into the FSUIPC Options and enable the Button/Key and Axis logging. Then operate a button or two and move an axis. Keep the session short as the log will get large IF it sees these things.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

what EXACTLY do you mean? No buttons seen on the Buttons & Switches tab with ANY of the 3 attached and detected controllers?  No axes recognised in the Axes tab when you move any levers or pedals?

There is no response to buttons or switches being used by either the throttle or stick (the rudder doesn't have any) in the buttons or switches tab. There is no response, except by the rudder, in the Axis Assignment tab, the Joy# shows as 0 and the Axis# shows X.

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you do send a proper FSUIPC log (not the Install log), please first, before running the Sim, add these lines to the [General] section FSUIPC4.INI file 

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Also, go into the FSUIPC Options and enable the Button/Key and Axis logging. Then operate a button or two and move an axis. Keep the session short as the log will get large IF it sees these things.

Ok and Log attached. Thank you.

Sorry the attached file failed - "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance".

John

36 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

Sorry the attached file failed - "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance".

Odd. It must be very big. Please keep the session very short -- i really don't want to have to wade through pages and pages.

Try ZIPping it first. It's only a text file and will be a lot smaller. If ZIP isn't accepted, rename the ZIP to TXT -- but tell me, so I name it back.

Pete

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Odd. It must be very big. Please keep the session very short -- i really don't want to have to wade through pages and pages.

Try ZIPping it first. It's only a text file and will be a lot smaller. If ZIP isn't accepted, rename the ZIP to TXT -- but tell me, so I name it back.

Pete

Trust there are ok.

John

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.7z

Trust there are ok.

John

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.7z

The Log is the first doesn't have button or axis event logging enabled. though I see you enabling them in that log before then immediately closing the session anyway. No idea why you thought that might be of interest. And you din't bother to add those two lines to the INI as I asked either.

Furthermore, it is rsther bewildering why you also supplied a log in a zip (7z) file which is exactly the same one again, but compressed from a mere 8kb to a minscule 3kb ! Why supply two the same with no more information in than before?

The INI shows nothing useful excpt that you enabled button and event logging, as shown in the two identical logs, and proves the omission of the two important lines.

:-(

I'm going to bed ...

Pete

Is this better?

Well, yes. But when / where did you get time to operate any buttons or move any axes?  I see you went into the Buttons Options right near the beginning (why?), but you terminated the session before the sim was even ready to fly, just 147 seconds after you started it and about 80 seconds after leaving the Button options page.

Live the other X55 problem report here (from OldPop, near this thread), there are an excessive number of Joystick Scans and re-writes of JoyNames shown in your log. OldPop has a working X-55 stick but problems with the throttle.

There's a common these through pretty much ALL of the threads about joystick problems here: the X-55 (and the X-56 once, a close relative I believe). If it wasn't so expensive I'd buy one just to find out what a mess Saitek have made!

If you can make a log with the buttons and axes used just a little bit before shutdown -- but AFTER the sim is completely ready to fly please, then I'd like to see such a log. Keep it short, but not this short!

Meanwhile I'm looking at adding extra logging to get closer to the coalface, so to speak. I might post a link to a test version today or tomorrow.

Pete

Meanwhile I'm looking at adding extra logging

I've checked, and in fact the logging I need is already in place. It logs the results from the actual polling of the joysticks, at first and then whenever they change. It will make a BIG log, especially with your working device in place, so please, not only keep the session short (though not so short you don't get to operate buttons or move levers when the sim is ready to fly), then ZIP it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

To get this logging as well as the earlier stuff, change the LogExtras line n the INI to

LogExtras=x201000

Oh, and to keep the log size down, it might be best to temporarily disconnect the working devices. Otherwise I'll have to add an INI parameter to select which devices to log.

Another thing I now realise: you have no assignments to the axes or buttons in question. I sort of assumed you were carrying over an INI file from an earlier install. 

FSUIPC does NOT scan devices where there's no need because no assignments, so the new logging I'm asking for will ONLY occur whilst in the Axis or Button assignments dialog. So you can keep the session and log shorter by keeping those visits short.

Thanks,
Pete

If you can make a log with the buttons and axes used just a little bit before shutdown -- but AFTER the sim is completely ready to fly please, then I'd like to see such a log. Keep it short, but not this short!

Thank you for your work on this problem Pete. I apologize for not being experienced with software workings but am trying to do my best here. I did try quite a few buttons on the throttle and stick on the buttons and switches page and also different axis on the axis assignment page. I expect the program to pick up the buttons and switches automatically - is that correct? It does only on the rudder axis. I was trying to not make the log too long though. Does the log not show any buttons, switches or axis being selected? Maybe it won't if it doesn't see the controls.

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

To get this logging as well as the earlier stuff, change the LogExtras line n the INI to

LogExtras=x201000

I have changed the LogExtras line n the INI to

LogExtras=x201000

59 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

when the sim is ready to fly

What do you mean by this phrase? Let me know and I will try another log for you. 

John

33 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

I expect the program to pick up the buttons and switches automatically - is that correct?

Yes, but only in the assignments dialog. Sorry, yes, I see what you were trying to do. but it didn't look like the sim was ready to fly (I was looking for the "Starting Everything Now" message in the log -- that's when FSUIPC is fully ready for normal use. It might be a few seconds after the sim appears ready. I'm looking at shortening anydelay there -- I'm trying to detect the end of the sim's loading progress bar.

36 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

What do you mean by this phrase?

Ready to fly should be when you can do things in the menus, as you are. but I think, especially with P3D, this can occur later -- maybe 10-12 seconds or so. The reason for this delay is that I was trying to avoid doing things when the scenery/traffic etc progress bar is still running. I didn't find a way to detect that, so estimated a time.

On my system the progress bar isc still going for quite some time after my delay, so FS starts everything too early. Yors may load stuff a lot faster (less scenery, AI traffic, lower settings, etc). That's why at present I'm trying to find a way to detect the progress bar.

Pete

To Kegs1953

I've been analysing the Registry exports you sent and trying to relate them to the last FSUIPC log I got from you, the only with the Extra logging.

They don't quite match.  They nearly do, but the Joystick ID for the Stick doesn't match its GUID.

Background

If you refer to the top (pinned) thread in this Forum, you will see that I now have this sort of information from Paul Henty, one of the many successfully running an X-55 system with FSUIPC 4.966c. Comparing his registry with yours I was hoping to find the problem, assuming it it registry rather than hardware or connections.

First off, oddly, for both Throttle and Stick, there are two entries each. On Paul's system the Stick pair both have the same GUIDs -- which should be impossible! However, only one has a Joystick ID, and that, the first, is the one FSUIPC chooses.  For the Throttle the two have different GUIDs, and again only the first has a Joystick ID. FSUIPC chooses that.

When FSUIPC knows that there are 2 devices it will be looking for the details for the second. but in these cases there's only one, and FSUIPC therefore assumes there's only one entry and chooses the first. I suspect that through some quirk during installation the Stick on your system is actually using the second, with a different GUID.

For the Throttle, however, it is using the first GUID and the first ID, so they do associate and that should work fine! Some it doesn't make sense -- unless the registry exports aren't reflecting the state they were in when the log I'm looking at was made.

So, without further analysis on your setup I can't progress that further and work out what to do.

Action Please

Please can you do this:

1. Make sure you still have
Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000 

in the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI

2. Run the Sim till ready to fly, then close it.

3. Repeat the Registry export process to get two .reg files and rename them to .txt.

4. ZIP the 3 files together and send to me again.

This will make sure everything tallies.

Thanks,
Pete