The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro GA traffic bug with workaround and fix

WildCard

Due to a bug in the code that loads General Aviation and Local Flights, no inbound GA flights show up.

The workaround to this is to create your own GAandLoacalTrafic.txt file for each airport and remove the space after the comma between the 2 airport codes.  "TIST, KLAX," -> "TIST,KLAX,"

The only exception is if you want local traffic, then leave the space there (local traffic = both codes are the same). "TIST, TIST,"

Attached is a GA schedule that is the same as the games built in one, but modifies to allow GA and local traffic. The game only has GA/local for TIST, so only one file is need, and it goes in the following directory.

"%ProgramsFilesDir(x86)%\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\TIST"

Now for the fix. This can't be done by anyone except the developer, so please don't try this at home ;-)

In the function Timetable::LoadGA():

To remove the extra spaces after the comma in the GAandLocalTraffic file - replace

string[] array = text.Split(separator, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);

with

string[] array = text.Replace(", ", separator2).Split(separator, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);

To stop this breaking Local Traffic - replace

if (array2.Length == 10 && (icao.Equals(array2[0]) || icao.Equals(array2[1])) && !array2[0].Equals(array2[1]))

with

if (array2.Length == 10 && (icao.Equals(array2[0]) || icao.Equals(array2[1])))

This code now does nothing and can be removed 'Real Traffic' has it's own quirks :-)

To remove extra spaces in RT GA schedules, loop changed to also include 'saycallsign' text - replace

for (int j = 0; j < array2.Length - 1; j++)
                {
                    array2[j] = array2[j].Replace(" ", string.Empty);
                }

with

for (int j = 0; j < array2.Length; j++)
                {
                    array2[j] = array2[j].Trim();
                }

Cheers

Daniel

TIST_GAandLocalTraffic.txt

Edited by WildCard
RT Quirks
  • Upvote 1

Another good find Daniel. The fix should be in the next SP based on this post from Vic: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83196-tower3dpro-local-traffic-flight-strip-bug/?do=findComment&comment=502194.

I created my own (i.e., custom) GA schedule for KPHL using TIST as a template. Looking forward to giving your workaround a try.

Also, fyi, there should be a GA/local file for KSAN. Although, as I mentioned it the same thread above, it has a few issues.      

Craig

Hi Craig

The default install only has GA for TIST and it's embedded in the asset file, so I only attached a working version for that.

Real Traffic has a GA schedule for TIST and KSAN, but as they are text files that can easily be edited, I didn't upload working copies for them. I'll leave that as an exercise for anyone who wants to have working RT GA Traffic :-)

Daniel