The simFlight Network Forums

...problem with third-party software...

Hallo.

I run FSX-SE, Windows 10 updated, FSUIPC4.dll version 4.966c registered. Suddenly yesterday I am met with this message (enclosed). If I answer Ja/Yes FSX closes. If I answer Nej/No FSX opens.

I hope this is enough for you to find the reason, maybe also the solution. 

Regards,

Tommy Engman

FSUIPC Error.JPG

FSUIPC4.log

If it "suddenly" started occurring, it would be due to something you changed or added. Can you recall what that was? Did you update anything?

Quite often things get added to the DLL.XML file at the end and some of these interact with FSUIPC adversely. This is why the FSUIPC installer places its entry at the end -- except for the Active Sky module, the only one which definitely needs to go after (and its installer ensures that too).

So first of all try just re-running the FSUIPC installer. No need to reregister or anything ("not now" is the answer there).

If that doesn't help I need to see any crash reports for FSX in the Windows Event Viewer, please, and also the FSUIPC4.LOG file from the FSX modules folder. You can paste them here.

It would also help to see your FSUIPC4.INI file, from the same folder, and a list of add-ons you are using.

Pete

I have had had this occur, not only with fsuipc but also with some other softwares dlls. It normally happens when FSX either crashes or doesn't close properly.

Somewhere in the forums Pete posted a solution, but I quote it below, so try this.

This was Pete Dowson solution for a similar problem with fsuipc 

1) start regedit, (select run from Start menu and type 'regedit'
2) goto key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3) delete the key "C:\\Games\\FSX\\fsx.exe"="$~ RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll>"
4) if you would like to run FSX as an administrator you may need to activate that again as it may have been removed that in step 3

It means that free library calls are ignored (calls used to unload a DLL, known as module in FSX). This probably means that one of those calls somehow failed once and the key was added by the MS compatibility 'service' as a service to you...

The error message may appear again the next time you start FSX, but just select YES to run, and all should be back to normal.

I would make a note of the above as you will no doubt get the same error again at some point.

Thank you Pete.

You have the FSUIPC.log file above. Here is the .ini file. I really dn't know how to provide the crash reports in the Event Viewer. But since I wrote that line I followed the instructions by stuarth and checked a recent dll.xml entry (although it is older than yesterday by a couple of weeks). Which operation that worked I don't know at the moment but it seems that my FSX-SE and FSUIPC4 work as they should.

Thank you!

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

So it is all okay now?

The registry fix given above is actually now built into the FSUIPC Installer (and for quite a few past releases), so it would have been okay after re-running that.

Without knowing what you changed to make it work okay there's really nothing further I can investigate.

Pete

Pete.

As I mentioned I changed in the registry/deleted the post as stuarth suggested. The error occured while I still had the former/next latest FSUIPC version. However the error reoccured after I installed the latest version and the registry post was there after the installation.

The entry in DLL.xml concerned triggering xmltools.dll. This I deleted. Perhaps that was the key.

Regards,

Tommy