The simFlight Network Forums

Closest AI Aircraft Offsets

Hi Peter,

I'm using the new offsetsthat show the distance of the closest AI aircraft(ground or airborne) in one my app.

Those are running very well (thank for that),.

I was wondering if could be possible to have two more offsets (at lest for the airborne AI) showing the altitude and the headinbg of the closest airborne AI aircraft (avoiding to read the full AI table to obtain those info).

Thanks a lot

Joe

44 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

I was wondering if could be possible to have two more offsets (at lest for the airborne AI) showing the altitude and the headinbg of the closest airborne AI aircraft (avoiding to read the full AI table to obtain those info).

I'll have to see how easy that is to provide. I am too busy at present trying to rewrite the joystick scanning and recognition routines which have become far too complicated over the years.

My lists of things to do have grown to an almost unmanageable size. And I am on holiday for two weeks next week. Could you remind me at the end of the month, and I'll look at it then? Thanks.

Pete

• 3 months later...
48 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

do you think could be possible now to have what I asked some months ago?

Ah, again you remind me at a bad time. Sorry, but the next 9 days I'm fully occupied with guests here, helping with technical issues -- one all the way from Melbourne in Australia and the other from Ireland, and not long after I'm away for 3 weeks in the USA.

Nevertheless if i get a chance to look at it I will. Otherwise ask again mid- to kate Sepptember.

BTW Rather than have copies made of those details, wouldn't just an offset giving the table entry number for the nearest be better?

Also, the finding the nearest with them all moving all the time (and you also of course) would not always give the truly correct result. I'd only want to check at intervals. 

Pete

FSUIPC Versions 4.971 and 5.112, both just released, include new offsets providing data about the nearest AI aircraft. The offsets are documented in the "Changes" PDF included in the download ZIP.

Note that the range values for these are separate, as they were actually supplied before: 736C for ground and 736E for airborne, both 16-bit integers. They are the values used for the title bar information in the recent version of TrafficLook.

Pete

HI Peter,

the offsets work great, only issue is that I have to store them in a file written with a LUA becasue, very strange, I'm not able to read them as all the other offsets im my app (I use the SDK for VB). In that case the resut is always 0.

A last question: is there a way to translate the FSUIPC_ID of the aircraft in its tailname (airliner/flight number)?

Thanks again

Joe

45 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

very strange, I'm not able to read them as all the other offsets im my app (I use the SDK for VB). In that case the resut is always 0.

Something is wrong in your app then. There's no difference in reading any offset from any other. You just get what is there. Of course what it looks like depends on how you define it.

1 hour ago, cellular55 said:

A last question: is there a way to translate the FSUIPC_ID of the aircraft in its tailname (airliner/flight number)?

I thought you only wanted altitude and heading? You've got those and more.

FSUIPC only reads the airline/flight details for aircraft within its TCAS range, and that is in the TCAS tables. You'd need to search there for more details. FSUIPC's done the laborious part of identitfying the nearest.

Pete

Hi Peter,

as usual you were right: I have not still understood what I was originally doing wrong, but rewriting that app piece now things are working as expected.

Also about the 2nd point you are right.. but you know.. as you more eat as much more you would eat :)

By the way I solved the problem reading the AI table to get the info related the flight number.

Thanks again

Joe