The simFlight Network Forums

RC4 can't resume a saved flight in P3Dv3?

Pete, there used to be a very convenient feature in RC4/FSX to resume saved flights by loading  Previously Saved RCDs. Is there a way to resume saved flights with RC4 in P3Dv3? I know that RC4 is looking for a *.flt not *.fxml flight file to resume. Is there a way around it?

Thanks,

Sabre.

8 hours ago, Sabrefly said:

Pete, there used to be a very convenient feature in RC4/FSX to resume saved flights by loading  Previously Saved RCDs. Is there a way to resume saved flights with RC4 in P3Dv3? I know that RC4 is looking for a *.flt not *.fxml flight file to resume. Is there a way around it?

The file format was changed to xml. Most maintained programs deal with it.  It is a shame that RC4 is effectively dead. That's one reason I moved to ProATC/X -- at least it's live, AND handles SIDs and STARS, well -- and gates and taxiways -- and gets better over time.

I'm pretty sure P3D, like FSX, will load a flight if just given its name without the filetype (.flt or .fxml). If RC is actually looking for a file specifically, then I can't really do much for it, but if it is asking FSUIPC to tell P3D to load a flight with name.flt then I can just strip the filetype off, if I don't already (I'll need to check).

Do you know? Does it offer a list of files itself? If so then it is independently of FSUIPC and I can't help.

Pete

Now I'm looking for fxmltoflt converter as per this thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/483684-p3d-v3-saved-flight-issue/

Unfortunately the link to the converter is dead there and I'm still looking for it.

RC4 via FSUIPC (as I understad) saves fxml  files OK along with its rcd files. But when loading a flight situation RC4 also looks for the flt file. So if I can find a fxml to flt converter then that should work.

Thanks,

Igor.

10 hours ago, Sabrefly said:

But when loading a flight situation RC4 also looks for the flt file.

But does it look in the flights folder (in Documents)? If it only asks FSUIPC to load the flt file then I can easily fix that by discarding the .flt part. But if it is check that it exists first, that won't work.

Pete

40 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

But does it look in the flights folder (in Documents)? If it only asks FSUIPC to load the flt file then I can easily fix that by discarding the .flt part. But if it is check that it exists first, that won't work.

Pete

I understand it does look in the flights folder, and even reads smth in the flt file, that's why a converter is needed to translate the saved fxm to flt. Renaming fxm to flt does not work.

Igor. 

• 1 month later...

I have it working in P3Dv3 now. A kind soul from another forum sent me a tiny exe that easily converts fxml to flt with the same name when you drag and drop the fxml on it. Therefore RC4 can find and read the converted flt file and this works perfect, so RC4 is still good for saving and loading flight situations in  P3Dv3.3-3.4

Igor.

Edited by Sabrefly

9 minutes ago, Sabrefly said:

A kind soul from another forum sent me a tiny exe that easily converts fxml to flt with the same name when you drag and drop the fxml on it. Therefore RC4 can find and read the converted flt file and this works perfect, so RC4 is still good for saving and loading flight situations in  P3Dv3.3-3.4

Good news. It should work in P3D4 as well then.

Pete

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, wombatau said:

There is nothing in the readme that says it can't be hosted. I just don't have the facility. If you wish to host it PM me your email & I'll pop it over to you.

If it is freeware, I can host it here in the Download Links subforum, or you could post some notes on it in User Contributions. I'll upload the file itself and add the link if you email me the file (petedowson@btconnect.com).

Pete

22 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If it is freeware, I can host it here in the Download Links subforum, or you could post some notes on it in User Contributions. I'll upload the file itself and add the link if you email me the file (petedowson@btconnect.com).

Pete

Thanks Pete, I've emailed it to you.

Graham

• 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There is no executable in the zip. Just 3 txt files and a CPP file.

Actually one of the files with a .txt filetype is a folder containing other compiler related files and another folder.

But even in those there doesn't appear to be an EXE. It looks like it has been like that since it was uploaded (I've never used it). That was in January 2018, so it is surprising it hasn't been mentioned before.

Perhaps you might PM the supplier wombatau or email the author hippo@desiredtrack.com.

Pete