The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv4 & MakeRunways

Hi Pete,

I have an interest in using RCv4.3 for ATC in P3Dv4 and was wondering if you foresee this as a possibility. I see that you intend to create FSUIPC 5 and was wondering, would a new 64bit version of MakeRunways be necessary, or would the current version work? For all I know there is a new scenery folder structure in P3Dv4 that does not play well with the current make runways and was wondering what the possibilities were. Of course I use several add-ons that require MakeRunways like STB, and FS captain among a few others.

People don't realize how invaluable such utilities are, until they realize it. lol

Thanks,

Paul

8 hours ago, pracines said:

I have an interest in using RCv4.3 for ATC in P3Dv4 and was wondering if you foresee this as a possibility. I see that you intend to create FSUIPC 5 and was wondering, would a new 64bit version of MakeRunways be necessary, or would the current version work?

RC4 should work fine if it is okay in P3D3. The saving and reloading of flights might be a problem -- it probably wants .flt files not .fxml files, but that's the same in P3D3. I might be able to "fiddle" that but no one has mentioned a problem.

MakeRunways will not have to be 64-bit, but will need changes for folders and file formats. I'll get to it in due course. There are other things too. My PFCHid.DLL and PFCFSX.DLLs will have to be converted to 64-bit -- that's a bigger job. I can't do everything at once, FSUIPC5 being the priority.

If you are using the same scenery in P3D3 and P3D4 then the same MakeRunways results files should be fine for RC4 in the interim.

4 hours ago, flying-w said:

Have the BGL formats changed in P3D V4, for example the traffic schedule BGLS all used 32bit wide internal indexes?

Well, MyTraffic6 works okay, as does most sceneries from FSX/P3D3. There are problems with UK2000 sceneries which have assembly code internally, like Heathrow and Manchester. Maybe all of them for all I know -- not tried them all yet.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

MakeRunways will not have to be 64-bit, but will need changes for folders and file formats. I'll get to it in due course.

I've now checked. The SCENERY.CFG file for P3D4 is identical in format to P3D3 etc and in the appropriate ProgramData folder as the others, so the changes to MakeRunways were minimal.

Releasing as version 4.70 now ...

Pete

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pracines said:

I so appreciate your kindness and hard work Pete. I'm Looking forward to buying the new FSUIPC5.

Paul

And a +1 from me also.  Including MakeRwys with STB saved me tremendous amount of work, just decompiling and normalising the content of scheduling BGLs for STB was more than enough so I'm glad to hear they've not changed.  Some more steps in the right direction for all of us.

Thanks
Simon

• Upvote 1