Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

The journey to Prepar3D V4

Recommended Posts

Hi Simon,

 

This is John N. in Montana USA,  I hold a License for the STB in P3D, I use the network Configuration, if you need another Beta tester Let me know.. I am also a UT2 in P3Dv3 and UTlive user in P3D V4as well...

 

Thanks again,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, The beta is ready and I've sent everyone a PM with the details.  If you didn't receive anything, please contact me.

Thanks
Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded and installed V4 - seems to be working great!

So far I just noticed that when I selected during installation to keep my V3 settings, it kept some settings but not others.

For example, it retained my font settings, my Aircraft Objects settings and my Airline settings, but it did not port over my Callsign Overrides or Departure/Arrival State labels.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, flyunited1979 said:

Just downloaded and installed V4 - seems to be working great!

So far I just noticed that when I selected during installation to keep my V3 settings, it kept some settings but not others.

For example, it retained my font settings, my Aircraft Objects settings and my Airline settings, but it did not port over my Callsign Overrides or Departure/Arrival State labels.

 

I think I know why.  During development, I didn't have any callsigns or state lables, so overlooked them as they are stored in separate files.  Can you send me your files please for testing? 

Thanks
Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No go for me, Simon, The STB setup worked perfectly, ran MakeRunways and created the database. But in the STB Deployment settings it says

Prepar3D V4 was not found on this computer.

Prepar3D V4 dll.xml was not found on this computer.

A Simulator was not found on this computer.

Ultimate Traffic 2 was not found on this computer or needs updating to V2.07 or later.

The registry settings for P3d V4 were set by the installer and the only difference is that the main folder is on the E: drive. Neither version of DLL.XML was modified, nor was Prepar3d.cfg.

EDIT: Simon I sent you a Dropbox link to the trace file. I think that the problem stems from the Deployment tab not being "aware" of the add-on.xml installation method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

No go for me, Simon, The STB setup worked perfectly, ran MakeRunways and created the database. But in the STB Deployment settings it says

Prepar3D V4 was not found on this computer.

Prepar3D V4 dll.xml was not found on this computer.

A Simulator was not found on this computer.

Ultimate Traffic 2 was not found on this computer or needs updating to V2.07 or later.

The registry settings for P3d V4 were set by the installer and the only difference is that the main folder is on the E: drive. Neither version of DLL.XML was modified, nor was Prepar3d.cfg.

EDIT: Simon I sent you a Dropbox link to the trace file. I think that the problem stems from the Deployment tab not being "aware" of the add-on.xml installation method.

Jay,

The STB Deployment tab is quite broken and is still thinking it lives for P3D V3.  Indeed it has no idea of the new add-on.xml world which the wizard is using and is missing other content the wizard has.  In order to get the beta out faster, I decided to focus on the wizard experience which everyone has to go through, and come back to deal with the deployment tab later.  Please disregard everything on that tab for now, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I should have added that STB works great with the P3d V4 Air Traffic Controller mode. It almost turns the sim into a new app.

Just so I don't miss anything (and it's late at night here so my concentration isn't what it was), what's "P3d V4 Air Traffic Controller mode"?

Thanks
Si,om

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gman6671 said:

STB works great and a lot more smoothly in p3dv4

Two big upgrades to the STB infrastructure are .Net V4.6.2 (was V3.5 from FSX/P3DV3) and also 64bit rather than 32bit.  I expect both to improve the application behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flying-w said:

Just so I don't miss anything (and it's late at night here so my concentration isn't what it was), what's "P3d V4 Air Traffic Controller mode"?

Thanks
Si,om

It's tricky to find in single player mode. First, go into multiplayer and host a session as an air traffic controller. Once you've sat there for a couple minutes waiting for stuff to load (for what I have no idea), exit multiplayer mode and you will now be in the Control Tower simobject rather than the user aircraft. You won't be able to control the AI aircraft, but the default ATC does it and you can use the radar screen and other views to listen to communications. STB gives you the views of the AI.

It is supposedly possible to just start up in single player, by creating a flight plan with Control Tower as the starting point, rather than a runway or a parking spot, but I could never make that work. What I did was to make the ControlTower simobject category user playable, by adding it to the line in Prepar3d.cfg:

[MAIN]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar, ControlTower

There are two views, one with the inside of the tower cab visible and one without. make sure you undock all the Control Tower windows, move to the correct airport and save the scenario.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, flying-w said:

I think I know why.  During development, I didn't have any callsigns or state lables, so overlooked them as they are stored in separate files.  Can you send me your files please for testing? 

Thanks
Simon

Simon,

I actually didn't import them from text - I had just added them in one by one in STB. There isn't any way to export them right?
If you want I can create some dummy ones to test with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyunited1979 said:

Simon,

I actually didn't import them from text - I had just added them in one by one in STB. There isn't any way to export them right?
If you want I can create some dummy ones to test with.

They are saved as separate files in the application data folder.  I've created my own in the meantime, so I should get this done for the next beta

Thanks
Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cinife said:

Hello, I would like to teste the beta for p3d v4. Thanks

Beta 1 is now full.  As you are new to the forum, please send me a copy of your original STB order and I'll be glad to include you in Beta 2.

thanks
Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for taking a look at Beta 1.  As far as I can tell no major disasters, but plenty to work on as a result of your testing.  Here's a list of what I'm currently working on for Beta 2, the first four items in the list are already complete.  As for the rest, I'm working on them.  Depending on how they go I may release Beta 2 before some are complete.  In the meantime don't hesitate to provide further feedback.

  • Treat add-on.xml content as case insensitive (even though XML is case sensitive!)  This is breaking the airport database complication for some beta testers.
  • Tolerate minor errors in add-on.xml, such as a missing path statement.  Again this is breaking the airport database complication for some beta testers.
  • Migrate all configuration files from Version 3 to Version 4.  In Beta 1 we overlooked custom arrival and departure state names, column headings and callsign overrides.
  • STB Client support for running on a separate computer to Prepar3D
  • STB Data Server (may come a few days after STB Client Beta 2)
  • Investigate issues around STB approach control not minimizing go-arounds due to arrival volumes
  • Investigate exception occurring with user aircraft schedule time generation.
  • Store core simulator backup files in core simulator directories rather than the STB application data (the latter is easily lost following software deinstallation).
  • Store traces in a My Documents folder rather than My Documents root

Thanks
Simon

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also keen to be included in Beta 2. I enclose my original purchase order nunber.

Thanks,

 Bill

 

Edited by flying-w
Removed order number for privacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flydrive said:

Also keen to be included in Beta 2. I enclose my original purchase order nunber.

Thanks,

 Bill

 

Thanks - I'll let you know when it's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure if this matters, but UT Live is having its own set of issues with the latest build.

There are several people including myself reporting little or no airliner activity at some major airports. Plenty of planes on the ground and none leaving the gates. I have confirmed this at KBOS, KORD, and KMCO.

The other thing is since the first problem is evident, the second problem is no (or very few)  planes arriving.

But yesterday at ZBAA there was lots of planes departing with a queue about a mile long but no airline arrivals for over an hour.

Radar Contact seems unable to see this traffic as well. This may be a UT Live issue or possibly an FSUIPC issue, I have no idea.

STB does see the departure traffic and also notes the lack of arrivals. 

So a question Simon, do you think it would be better to test STB using default traffic for now or does it matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The important thing is whatever traffic is actually present in the simulator as put there by UTLive is correctly shown by STB.  When there's an inbalance, that can be difficult to see because you may spend more time investigating the imbalance than enjoying what is happening.  If you are still able to have a good experience with UTLive then by all means  continue and look for anything that STB isn't handling well.  Otherwise there is always the default traffic with it's limitations (FPS expensive models and poor scheduling coverage).  Have Flight1 acknowledged the problem?

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently they are looking into it, and they recently patched it so I'm going to check this patch once I finish my 10+ hour LFPG -KIAH flight :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Simon. When you're ready to release, can you put it on Simmarket? I was using an outdated version of STB for a year till I got the update from you last month.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 7:07 PM, pracines said:

Unsure if this matters, but UT Live is having its own set of issues with the latest build.

There are several people including myself reporting little or no airliner activity at some major airports. Plenty of planes on the ground and none leaving the gates. I have confirmed this at KBOS, KORD, and KMCO.

The other thing is since the first problem is evident, the second problem is no (or very few)  planes arriving.

But yesterday at ZBAA there was lots of planes departing with a queue about a mile long but no airline arrivals for over an hour.

Radar Contact seems unable to see this traffic as well. This may be a UT Live issue or possibly an FSUIPC issue, I have no idea.

STB does see the departure traffic and also notes the lack of arrivals. 

So a question Simon, do you think it would be better to test STB using default traffic for now or does it matter? 

Ultimate traffic/MyTraffic are garbage.

I have spent the last 6 weeks compiling my own traffic with AIFP and it's a joy. I simply get the flightplans from AIG and UTT and repaints from Juergens website. All my schedules and repaints are up to date. I have added over 450 airliners even obscure ones like Air Burkina Faso. It's an absolute pain to do this for over 450 airlines but it's soooo worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×