The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

The journey to Prepar3D V4

58 minutes ago, Mr_LoL said:

Ultimate traffic/MyTraffic are garbage.

I have spent the last 6 weeks compiling my own traffic with AIFP and it's a joy. I simply get the flightplans from AIG and UTT and repaints from Juergens website. All my schedules and repaints are up to date. I have added over 450 airliners even obscure ones like Air Burkina Faso. It's an absolute pain to do this for over 450 airlines but it's soooo worth it. 

I won't comment on the first part, but I invested some time with Prepar3D V4 and AIFP and also found it to be a joy.  The quality of the paints, models and schedules are all excellent and it's so good to see the fruits of your efforts show up in the simulator.  It is also a labour of love so I tended to concentrate on the major airlines at the airports I usually visited.  Just as soon as I can stop developing and spend some quality time with Prepar3D V4 (as if!)  I'll be repeating the exercise.

Simon

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr_LoL said:

Hi Simon. When you're ready to release, can you put it on Simmarket? I was using an outdated version of STB for a year till I got the update from you last month.

Thanks

Yes I will.  There will continue to be the "check for updates" facility which allows me to push updates without having to go through the shops.  That won't deal with new versions however.

Simon

14 hours ago, flying-w said:

Beta 2 installer testing begins tonight!

Can you send me the beta? I use STB for my flight training center.

4 hours ago, Dopeland said:

Can you send me the beta? I use STB for my flight training center.

Certainly, but as a new member of the forum please send me a copy of your STB software purchase, either via PM or email.

Thanks

Simon

STB V4 Beta 2 for Prepar3D V4 is now available, all testers should have received an email or PM with the details.  If you didn't receive anything, please contact me.

Here's a list of what changed in Beta 2:

⦁    Relocated trace file to MyDocuments\SuperTrafficBoard folder.
⦁    Rewrote Addon XML parser to be case insensitive towards XML content.
⦁    Tolerate minor errors such as missing path statements.  Report back to user and continue rather than throwing exception and ending the complilation of the airports database.
⦁    If a V3 settings file is missing during migration, it's ignored (but logged in the trace) rather than failing the process.
⦁    Migrate ArrivalStates.<lang>.txt, DepartureStates.<lang>.txt, ColumnHeadings.txt, CallsignOverrides.txt from V3 to V4 when requested.  This was overlooked in the beta 1 wizard.
⦁    Disabled enhanced View AI Cameras until a resolution is found to the Prepar3D rendering problem.
⦁    If the user aircraft reports a zero cruise speed, set the user's arrival schedule to an invalid time ("??:??").  This may happen when the user selects the control tower as their aircraft.
⦁    Store core simulator backup files in My Documents\SuperTrafficBoard rather than the STB application data (the latter is often lost following software deinstallation).   
⦁    During application uninstall, chaged the deletion of the application data folder to delete the entire SuperTrafficBoard V4 Client structure rather than just the sim specific folder.
⦁    Updated STB Client support for running on a separate computer to Prepar3D
⦁    Improved reporting of SimConnect client assembly load failure.

Here's a list of what's left to do:

• STB-DS is coming soon, is currently undergoing testing.
  • The user documentation hasn’t yet been updated.
  • Update the deployment tab in the STB Client Settings Notebook .
  • Review the keyboard commands available in observer based views:  Arrow keys (horizontal movement) and page up, page down (advanced movement) were done up to P3Dv3. It is not possible from P3Dv4.

Simon

• Upvote 1

I uninstalled beta 1 and ran the beta 2 installer, but it could not "install dependencies" and stopped. This is Win 10 Creator's Edition. I checked and VC++ 2015 x64 is not installed. I'll check the MS download website, but where does the STB setup save the VC redist?

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I uninstalled beta 1 and ran the beta 2 installer, but it could not "install dependencies" and stopped. This is Win 10 Creator's Edition. I checked and VC++ 2015 x64 is not installed. I'll check the MS download website, but where does the STB setup save the VC redist?

Could you explain a bit more about "could not install dependencies" please, it's difficult for me to picture what is happening?  STB setup does not save the redist, it is downloaded as a temporary file, installed, then the temporary file discarded.

I searched online. Apparently, if VC++ is already installed, the installer will generate this error message. The interesting thing is that I do not have it installed, but I do have some remnants of Visual Studio 2015 installed. I will uninstall them, (since I use VS 2017) and see what happens. It must  be a pretty common problem, because there's a bunch of threads on various MS sites and there's even a user's tutorial on how to fix it:

But, that said, your installer might want to check for VC++ 2015 already being installed.

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I searched online. Apparently, if VC++ is already installed, the installer will generate this error message. The interesting thing is that I do not have it installed, but I do have some remnants of Visual Studio 2015 installed. I will uninstall them, (since I use VS 2017) and see what happens. It must  be a pretty common problem, because there's a bunch of threads on various MS sites and there's even a user's tutorial on how to fix it:

But, that said, your installer might want to check for VC++ 2015 already being installed.

The installer does check if the VC++2015 redistributable is installed, and if not we go down the road of downloading and installing.  A separate problem reported by other users revolves around STB trying to download and install an older version of the redist compared to what the user already has installed.  It seems MS is using different registry keys for different updates of the same runtime, so a 2015 runtime can have several keys if it gets several updates.  I'll have to rethink my approach here, and perhaps take it inside the application itself to resolve.  The prereq is actually required by simconnect.dll, and is only an issue on a PC without P3D installed (think remote STB here).

If you can't fix it or find yourself spending too much time on it, I'll be happy to supply an installer without the c++ prereq.

Some beta testers are reporting problems installing beta 2 revolving around the C++ 2015 prerequisite.  If you find yourself in that situation please contact me first so we can diagnose the issue, then I can provide an installer without the prereq.

Simon

Having run some tests, I think the best way of addressing the C++ pre-requisite is to deal with it in house once STB is running.  If we fail to load simconnect.dll, we can take the user down the path of installing the redist. 

For everyone running STB on the same PC as Prepar3D, you should never get here as the simulator itself will have the redist already installed. 

For STB on a remote PC where the C++ isn't installed, STB will issue a friendly dialogue then launch the redist installer for you.

Sounds like a good experience all round whichever scenario you find yourself in

• Upvote 1

Installed with no problem in my P3D V4.toghether with my Traffic Professional and lots of MAIW military traffic.

At the first  tryout i have to report two issue:

The first  all the flights are reported twice both on Departures and Arrivals.

The flight datas (Altitude, Distance and Speed ) are fixed and did not real time update itself

Anyway i can follow perfectly the selected AI traffic.

test1.jpg

I see this statement in the ContentErrors file generated by P3D v4

[error.0]
error=AceXML Parser Error
Source: C:\Users\Andre_Casa\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\SuperTrafficBoard V4 Common\add-on.xml
Line:   5
Column: 0
Error:  'AddOn.STBTag' -  (0x83600FB7)

[error.0]
error=AceXML Parser Error
Source: C:\Users\Andre_Casa\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\SuperTrafficBoard V4 Common\add-on.xml
Line:   5
Column: 0
Error:  'AddOn.STBTag' -  (0x83600FB7)

Yes, that's an extra XML stanza I put in so I can manage the ownership of the component better between STB and STB-DS.  Any other side effects other than the note in the content errors?  If not, I'll put this in the list to deal with post release.

Thanks for checking, it didn't occur to me to do so!

Regards
Simon

16 hours ago, Kulbit said:

Installed with no problem in my P3D V4.toghether with my Traffic Professional and lots of MAIW military traffic.

At the first  tryout i have to report two issue:

The first  all the flights are reported twice both on Departures and Arrivals.

The flight datas (Altitude, Distance and Speed ) are fixed and did not real time update itself

Anyway i can follow perfectly the selected AI traffic.

Please switch on the "Object ID" column for arrivals and departures.  This is in Settings > Columns Tab > Check the "Object ID" box in the arrivals and departures groups.  Save your settings.  Then do the following:

1) Reproduce the problem and take a screenshot

2) Wait 2 minutes

3) Take another screenshot

Send both to me please

Thanks
Simon

I am unable to install the latest version on STB An error occured while installing The Dependencies, Please restart the cpu and run setup again or install the following dependencies manually:

Visual C++ 2015 64Bit Redistributable

On 20/7/2017 at 4:23 PM, flying-w said:

Please switch on the "Object ID" column for arrivals and departures.  This is in Settings > Columns Tab > Check the "Object ID" box in the arrivals and departures groups.  Save your settings.  Then do the following:

2) Wait 2 minutes

Send both to me please

Thanks
Simon

All right Simon, i'll report ASAP !!

10 hours ago, chrisd6340 said:

I am unable to install the latest version on STB An error occured while installing The Dependencies, Please restart the cpu and run setup again or install the following dependencies manually:

Visual C++ 2015 64Bit Redistributable

Do you have any other version of Visual C++ 2015 runtime or redistributable installed. or C++ 2017 for that matter?

Thanks
Simon

On 20/7/2017 at 4:23 PM, flying-w said:

2) Wait 2 minutes

Send both to me please

Thanks
Simon

Well Simon, this is the situation following your tips:

The flights datas now are perfectly updated and i can follow the flight course with altitude, distance, speed, course and all the other parameters

As you can see the flights remaining doubled or even tripled reported and if i follow the in game AI traffic i can see the two or three same planes at few distance to each other.

Following till the landing all the two or three planes perform a missed approach and a delay.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kulbit said:

Well Simon, this is the situation following your tips:

The flights datas now are perfectly updated and i can follow the flight course with altitude, distance, speed, course and all the other parameters

As you can see the flights remaining doubled or even tripled reported and if i follow the in game AI traffic i can see the two or three same planes at few distance to each other.

Following till the landing all the two or three planes perform a missed approach and a delay.

It looks to me like Prepar3D is creating these duplicate flights, as they all have unique FS IDs.  Is it possible you have more than one copy of your traffic schedule BGLs in the scenery library?

Another way to check is to use Traffic Toolbox, that takes STB out of the picture completely.

If you want to try to tackle it with STB:

1) Set trace level to "verbose"

2) Compile Airport Database

3) Reproduce problem and include a screenshot once more showing FS ID

4) Close STB Client and sent me the trace file.

Thanks
Simon

4 hours ago, chrisd6340 said:

No just 10,12,13,15

It seems there are multiple GUIDs being used by various 2015 updates making it difficult to detect.  In the meantime I've completely rewritten the implementation of the C++ runtime.  It will only install if it can't load SimConnect (that's typically when you are running STB on a separate PC to Prepar3D), and checks for the C++ runtime by name in the registry rather than by GUID.  I'll send you a link to the rebuilt installer via PM

Thanks
Simon

16 hours ago, flying-w said:

It looks to me like Prepar3D is creating these duplicate flights, as they all have unique FS IDs.  Is it possible you have more than one copy of your traffic schedule BGLs in the scenery library?

Another way to check is to use Traffic Toolbox, that takes STB out of the picture completely.

If you want to try to tackle it with STB:

1) Set trace level to "verbose"

2) Compile Airport Database

3) Reproduce problem and include a screenshot once more showing FS ID

4) Close STB Client and sent me the trace file.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

Problem SOLVED !!

After noticing that MAIW's military traffic was not duplicated, I thought the problem should be caused by My Traffic program.

I then checked the My Traffic folders, and I found that for some reason, the traffic files were duplicated both in the P3d scenery folder and in the My Traffic traffic folder.

After deleting deleted ones in the P3d scenery folder everything went back to work perfectly.

At the moment I can say that in my configuration, the Beta works without any problems. If you need me to control something in particular, do not hesitate to ask for it !!

1.jpg

4 hours ago, Kulbit said:

Problem SOLVED !!

After noticing that MAIW's military traffic was not duplicated, I thought the problem should be caused by My Traffic program.

I then checked the My Traffic folders, and I found that for some reason, the traffic files were duplicated both in the P3d scenery folder and in the My Traffic traffic folder.

After deleting deleted ones in the P3d scenery folder everything went back to work perfectly.

At the moment I can say that in my configuration, the Beta works without any problems. If you need me to control something in particular, do not hesitate to ask for it !!

Glad you found the problem and thanks for the picture - proves transparency is still working!

Simon