flying-w

The journey to Prepar3D V4

103 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Psybear2 said:

The only oddity I observed while spotting was in the NYC area. An airliner turned West to approach KLGA-LaGuardia visually but it kept going East on the map in ASP4, even after landing. Granted the area is as busy and taxing (pun intended) an airspace as possible and probably has nothing to do with STB given the location and other add-ons - ASP4, MyTraffic, FSDT KJFK, DD KLGA- KTEB.  Maybe a SimConnect overload as Jabloomf noted? Other than that, all nominal and good to go.

Late to the party again, 
Clayton

Thanks Clayton, I can't think of anything to explain the scenario you observed from an STB prespective.

Simon

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I did notice a few times that "Arrive now" resulted in the AI aircraft ending up either underground (!) or at a nearby airport.

Underground at a gate or underground somewhere else?  When I create the "arrived now" AI from STB, all I can tell Prepar3D is which airport to create it at.  I don't get any control over the position nor the gate Prepar3D chooses to use.  If you wish, please capture the situation in a trace and I'll see if anything unusual is happening.  Please indicate which flight is involved, and the value from the object id column is most helpful here (you need to enable that column in the settings notebook to have it show up on STB).

Simon

It was difficult to figure out where the AI aircraft was since it was underground (or at least that what it looked like). The view alternated between the aircraft displayed over a light blue background and a moving greenish display that looked like a ground texture viewed from close up. I will try to reproduce this with a trace. 

I hardly ever use Arrive Now, but since I was debugging the SODE crash for JS, I decided to use both that and Depart Now.