The simFlight Network Forums
beatic

Surprise !!! FSCommander 9.6-Rev8 works with P3Dv4

I have installed P3Dv4 and started a flight .... I have open FSCommander ( 9.6 - Rev 8 ) and Connected to FS ......  and everything seems to work normal

It has been a not in depth test because I am installing a lot o things, but for a short flight of 10 minutes Works.

Is it normal ?

Thanks and regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

To Gomez and to all other users

Please do not be so euphoric!

Not all functions are error-free yet.
If everything works perfectly, then and only then I provide a free revision.
Then and only then I publish an announcement here in the FlightSim Commander Forum.
Please be patient.

Volker

Remember, there is still a life next to the flight simulation!

Thanks for the continue support Volker, as others have suggested I'd be more than happy to pay for an update as I know there are significant changes in P3D V4 that require some work your end to make FSC work with P3D V4.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob,

It's very funny that the admin of our forum gives you the title "Newbie".
With your experience about P3D V4 at Youtube!

Volker

btw. I hope very soon 

On 6/23/2017 at 3:53 AM, Robin Ainscough said:

Thanks for the continue support Volker, as others have suggested I'd be more than happy to pay for an update as I know there are significant changes in P3D V4 that require some work your end to make FSC work with P3D V4.

Cheers, Rob.

Well I did manage to get it to update my database and save a flightplan so that is all I need at this point in time until an update comes around.

I'm patient, plenty to do and the basic features of FSCommander are working with V4.  But with that said, looking forward to an update.

I do have one tiny request I'd like to squeeze in since you might be getting into the code:

1.  Remove the warning message about minimizing the main FSCommander window, it doesn't really serve any purpose.

2.  Ability to turn OFF auto centering to Aircraft during flight when connected to sim ... perhaps use something similar to HiFi's "Lock to Aircraft" toggle state/button that we can turn On/Off during a session.  Just about every time I'm doing a flight I want to move around the map to see information on my destination airport or alternate, get ILS frequency, runway length, etc.  As it stands, I can't do that without being re-center back onto my aircraft, the only way around this problem is to disconnect from the sim, move around the map and get airport info, then reconnect to the sim.  A "lock to aircraft" toggle button or checkbox would solve this issue.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Robin Ainscough

Hello Rob,

1.  Remove the warning message about minimizing the main FSCommander window, it doesn't really serve any purpose.

This message appears only once per startup of the FlightSim Commander!
Sorry No, some users have complained that the recording of the BlackBox was interrupted.

2.  Ability to turn OFF auto centering to Aircraft during flight ...

There are 2 different and independent possibilities:
Menu -> Deactivate Aircraft on Map
Status line at the bottom, fifth field Aircraft right mouse click

Regards,
Volker