The simFlight Network Forums
GSalden

FSUIPC5: Status Questions (from Announcements!)

17 minutes ago, stopnicki said:

have been, unfortunately, unable to download the 5.1 version, as the hyperlink in Pete's "Updated Modules", takes me to a "This site can't be reached" and on one occasion, it activated my anti-virus alert with regards to the "fsuipc5.exe"

I don't know where it sees any FSUIPC5.EXE as there's no such animal.

18 minutes ago, stopnicki said:

Maybe I should just wait for Simmarket's version?

There's no "simMarket" version. All SimMarket do is sell the key to unlock the user facilities. This has always been the way of it. There's only EVER one version of FSUIPC3, FSUIPC4 and now FSUIPC5.

Pete

8 minutes ago, kellytowin said:

do i have to buy a new key again

Yes: FSUIPC5 is a different product with a different key. but the keys aren't on sale yet. Probably tomorrow 9Friday).

Pete

Hi Pete, I installed FSUIPC5 from the link you sent but it crash my P3D V4, there is any log file created somewhere I could send to you?

When I remove the "module" folder from P3D, it works fine

1 - The link at SimMarket for FSUIPC5 FOR P3DV4 doesn't work ... perhaps is very busy.

2 - With FSX and P3D v3 I use to run others programs, for example FSCommander, in a different computer and due to that I am a registered user of FSUIPC and WIDEFS ..... in order to continue doing that ... have I to buy a new licence for FSUIPC5 and WIDEFS ???? or .... what to do ?

Thanks Pete for your work

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

The first post stated that "VRInsight original serial port device support" was not implemented yet, but at least my M-Panel which is using SerialFP2 is working without any problems.

1 hour ago, DdD said:

I installed FSUIPC5 from the link you sent but it crash my P3D V4

What link I sent? I didn't remember sending a link.

You need to explain more ythat "it crash". When, what does Windows reprot (try the Event viewer).

1 hour ago, DdD said:

there is any log file created somewhere

Is there an FSUIPC5.LOG file in the P3Dv4 Modules folder? If so show me that. But more important is a description of when and how it crashes, what else it installed, and what Windows reports!

Also did you copy over an INI from P3D3 or FSX? If so, show me that too.

Really you should report this in the Support Forum. That's what it is for. Most of the messages here will be removed on the net update to the changes in FSUIPC5!

Pete

1 hour ago, beatic said:

The link at SimMarket for FSUIPC5 FOR P3DV4 doesn't work ... perhaps is very busy.

Is there a link now? I've not see it yet?

1 hour ago, beatic said:

With FSX and P3D v3 I use to run others programs, for example FSCommander, in a different computer and due to that I am a registered user of FSUIPC and WIDEFS ..... in order to continue doing that ... have I to buy a new licence for FSUIPC5 and WIDEFS ???? or .... what to do ?

You can use your existing wideFS registration, as I'm sure is stated elsewhere.

Pete

1 hour ago, jaxx said:

The first post stated that "VRInsight original serial port device support" was not implemented yet, but at least my M-Panel which is using SerialFP2 is working without any problems.

Good. But not using FSUIPC's special VRi facilities, as enabled in the FSUIPC5.INI file?

Pete

This thread is getting way off it is intended purpose, so i am locking it. it is supposed to be about keeping folks abreast of ongoing developemts to FSUIPC5. I will return it to that purpose on the next FSUIPC5 update and then, I'm afraid, all these other posts will disappear. Sorry.

Please post support questions to the main Support Forum. Leave this one free for Announcements again ...

Pete

16 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

What link I sent? I didn't remember sending a link.

You need to explain more ythat "it crash". When, what does Windows reprot (try the Event viewer).

Is there an FSUIPC5.LOG file in the P3Dv4 Modules folder? If so show me that. But more important is a description of when and how it crashes, what else it installed, and what Windows reports!

Also did you copy over an INI from P3D3 or FSX? If so, show me that too.

Really you should report this in the Support Forum. That's what it is for. Most of the messages here will be removed on the net update to the changes in FSUIPC5!

Pete

The link you sent on this same topic here:

6 hours ago, NAC301 said:

Not complete version call it BETA

FOR Prepar3D 4 (64-bit)

Install complete FSUIPC version 5.10 Install FSUIPC5.10
 This is the 64-bit equivalent to 4.967 above, but it is an ongoing development with many parts still missing. These are documented in a PDF insde the ZIP.
 NOTE: payment facilities for registrations will be open for business shortly.

When I start loading Prepar3d, I start my flight, and after some second Prepar3d just crash, P3D just stop working.

OK sure I will report the issue in the support then.. I just take the opportunity to use this topic as it is for P3D V4 and you just provide the file today. So was more to help you for P3D V4 than report an issue for myself. I will wait to have the definitive version from simmarket after buying the product to report the issue.

It is a fresh installation under Windows 10 Pro so I did not import my FSUIPC4.ini in the first time (I did in a second one to see any change but was the same).

FSUIPC5.log

Edited by DdD
adding the log file

22 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Good. But not using FSUIPC's special VRi facilities, as enabled in the FSUIPC5.INI file?

Pete

No. To be honest I didn't know such thing even exists. I never used any special configuration with FSUIPC4 and P3Dv3 either and all functions always worked without any problem.
But to be fair it's one of the smallest VRI devices and I can't say anything about the more complex ones.

For those of you that insist on Pestering Pete......fsuipc5 is NOT ready, it is not a Link is doesn't exist.  Yes there was a link, obviously put up by mistake or something.  Pete has already said that it might be until tomorrow, so lets let him work.  This seems so obvious, yet there is post after post.  Don't post.....read and WAIT

Henry

I have fsuipc for probably 10 years and you see how many  times I have had to post...the program is that good.Thanks Pete

1 hour ago, DdD said:

The link you sent on this same topic here:

That message isn't from me. that link is the one in Download Links subforum, where all the links are.

2 hours ago, DdD said:

I will wait to have the definitive version from simmarket

There's no "definititive" version. FSUIPC 5.10 IS the current version and will remain so until the next update. All Simmarket do is sell the registrations. Any link they provide points back here, to the same files!

The log you post implies a corruption in a weather file. You could try sleecting a different place in the world to start. Or edit the FSUIPC5.INI file and adding "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes" into the [Genneral] section. Let me know.

You could also try deletng (or moving out) the .wx files from your Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files folder, and the wxstationlist.bin file from the <user>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder. Do this before loading P3D4 -- it will make a new one.

2 hours ago, DdD said:

Prepar3d just crash, P3D just stop working.

Please run Windows Event Viewer and find the crash details there, in Application Logs. I need those details.

Pete

1 hour ago, jaxx said:

No. To be honest I didn't know such thing even exists. I never used any special configuration with FSUIPC4 and P3Dv3 either and all functions always worked without any problem.

Ah, so FSUIPC is simply being used by SerialFS2 to access P3D functions. That is not the VRi support I've not yet implemented. The FSUIPC VRi support allows buttons and switches to be assigned in FSUIPC, for non-standard add-on aircraft.

Pete

1 hour ago, windquest said:

fsuipc5 is NOT ready, it is not a Link is doesn't exist.  Yes there was a link, obviously put up by mistake or something.  Pete has already said that it might be until tomorrow

No, FSUIPC 5.10 is ready. It is only the SimMarket sales page which is not ready. The links in the Download Links subforum are all working fine.

Pete

4 hours ago, kellytowin said:

do i have to buy a new key again

You need an FSUIP5 key, not an FSUIPC4 key. Different programs. The sales desk is not open yet.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You need an FSUIP5 key, not an FSUIPC4 key. Different programs. The sales desk is not open yet.

Pete

Pete,

Has simmarket given you a estimated date/time for FSUIPC5 to become available?

Pete, I am not directing this at you. My frustration is with SimMarket and I know no way to complain to them. How long does it take to set up a simple link for payment? It has been 24 hrs since you released the download link of FSUIPC V5. The non-paid version is utterly useless to me. I am more than willing to pay for a new version. Where is SIMMARKET? 

I know that in the course of human history, or even my lifetime, this is a small wait. But, in terms of internet speeds, this is a long time. It also hurts Sim Market when I have the luxury of purchasing elsewhere.

John

31 minutes ago, jmig said:

How long does it take to set up a simple link for payment? It has been 24 hrs since you released the download link of FSUIPC V5.

Please be a little more patient. Apparently the chap who sorts this out on their servers wasn't available earlier this week. And i did tell them on Wednesday that it wasn't really very urgent in any case as I had big problems getting FSUIPC5 working on Win10 systems.

So I then actually surprised tham by telling them it was ready yesterday after L-M did some splendid work in diagnosing the problems I had on Win10!

And the chaps that sort out the payment system automation (for it is automated) for SimMarket are in the USA, so haven't been available until probably about now. I'm hopeful for it to be all sorted by the morning if not sooner.

And after all, you've only been waiting, what, another day so far. (I'm waiting for AS16 for my cockpit before I'm prepared to fly in it. but then I always have other things to do ;-) ).

Supposing FSUIPC hadn't been ready for another week, or even a month. what would you have done then? Started climbing the wall?

I was on holiday till last Thursday, and the Release Candidate was unleashed on us developers the day after. For me to get it out in less than a week has means working all hours and getting frustrated at every little problem.

So, I repeat, please be a little more patient!

Pete

• Upvote 2

Your hard work and dedication are much appreciate by me and many others. As always people expect new software to be available instantly. You and I know that is not case.

You list the VRInsight Serial Interface as being missing from FSUIPC 5.10. I assume this will affect the VRi  MCP Combo panels which are a key feature for LINDA. Is the inclusion of this feature on your development path?

HEY Pete, I think if more people spent a little more time reading these posts, you would get alot less annoying posts. Alot of these posts are redundant, It seems as though people  are just not getting it!!!

30 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Supposing FSUIPC hadn't been ready for another week, or even a month. what would you have done then? Started climbing the wall?

...Pete

No, I probably would have cried myself to sleep each night. ;)

As I said earlier, this was not about you. I appreciate your response. You worked a miracle in getting the new version out so quickly. It is one thing to wait patiently for the development of something new. It is harder to wait patiently when all you are waiting on is a few lines of code in  a webpage.  

However, I should have not posted my last post. It obviously caused stress and anxiety to you. I didn't mean to cause you any more stress or negative feelings. I am sure you are stressed out enough for the people.

Thank you again for FSUIPC and for such a quick overhaul. 

John

41 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

You list the VRInsight Serial Interface as being missing from FSUIPC 5.10. I assume this will affect the VRi  MCP Combo panels which are a key feature for LINDA

Does LINDA actually need the VRi commands to be intercepted by FSUIPC and diverted? Most VRi devices work without using FSUIPC for interception -- i.e. without using three serial ports and linking two of them using VSPE.

43 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

Is the inclusion of this feature on your development path?

Please read the "What is missing" doument, shown in the Announcements here, and also supplied with your FSUIPC download, where is clearly says "hopefully to foloow in due course" which applies to all those entries which don't say explicitly the may not be developed or definitely won't be.

I did write that document specifically to clarify these things. And 'll keep it up to date for subsequent releases.

Pete

16 minutes ago, jmig said:

I should have not posted my last post. It obviously caused stress and anxiety to you.

No more than most of the questions ariving from other folks who don't read what I carefully write. that's more stressful, believe me, especially when it recurs so frequently. ;-)

Pete

As one that likely causes you, Pete, quite a few spikes in blood pressure with my posts, I want to express my thanks for pinning this thread (I know where it is now!! :-) ) and advise that stopping my virus scanner (Avast), allowed me to download and install  FSUIPC5 without any issues; just in case somebody else is experiencing the downloading and installing problems of FSUIPC5.

I really only post after having a "good" (at least in my mind) search of topics related to an issue I might have. I am, obviously, not always successful.

I hope you can have a restful weekend. Most of us will agree you deserve it, now that your recent vacation is just but a memory!!

Regards,

Roberto