The simFlight Network Forums
GSalden

FSUIPC5: Status Questions (from Announcements!)

Hi Pete,

Thank you again for all of your job. When I try to download  http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Install_FSUIPC510.zip

Avast Antivirus tell me that this file contain "Win32:Evo-Gen [Susp]". I know it's a false/positive alert but I think that it will be a good thing to submit this version to Avast to remove this alert.

Here is the link if you needed : https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

1 hour ago, motuslechat said:

Avast Antivirus tell me that this file contain "Win32:Evo-Gen [Susp]". I know it's a false/positive alert but I think that it will be a good thing to submit this version to Avast to remove this alert.

Already done -- TWICE! Yes, it is a false positive. You can submit it too. Maybe they need bombarding before they do anything. (Mind you, it was only published 2 days ago ...)

Pete

I downloaded  v5  but when I open it in the addon menu in prepar3d v4 there are no tabs for button, keys and axis to assign. 

Flightman

14 minutes ago, flightman49 said:

downloaded  v5  but when I open it in the addon menu in prepar3d v4 there are no tabs for button, keys and axis to assign.

Of course.

Please PLEASE read at least the first few pages of the documentation!!!

Pete

I followed the installation guide and I still do not see tabs for buttons, switches axis....etc.

I attached a portion of the install log below. It is giving a warning 

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4:
SetupPath="F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
... Version 4.0.23.21468  (Need at least 4.0.20.21316)
!! WARNING !! This version of Prepar3D is later than any known by this FSUIPC5.
   There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC5!
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed in:
       F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL
... No previous valid version found.
Prepar3D v4 Modules folder created okay!

Capture.JPG

48 minutes ago, flightman49 said:

I followed the installation guide and I still do not see tabs for buttons, switches axis....etc.

I attached a portion of the install log below. It is giving a warning 

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4:
SetupPath="F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
... Version 4.0.23.21468  (Need at least 4.0.20.21316)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed in:
       F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL
... No previous valid version found.
Prepar3D v4 Modules folder created okay!

Capture.JPG

You won't see any additional tabs until you purchase a version 5 key from Simmarket and register that new key. Unfortunately, the option to buy a version 5 key is not yet available on Simmarket.

Good Lord.  So many crazy questions.  "What about this...what about that".  All *I* want to say is that I seriously appreciate you taking the time to port this over to 64-bit.  As someone that understands programming (albeit not what you program in) I know what's involved.  Again, thank you very much.

-Rick

I second that, Rick S. Pete pushed hard to get this out.  it all on SimMarket now to make it where we can purchase the key for it.  Pete deserves some days off :)

Seems simMarket not in any hurry to get the license,s out. Been checking the site daily. Noticed this am that under Prepar3d v4 tools a new peice of software is shown, Voice Edit Pack. No sign of Fsuipc5. 

1 hour ago, flightman49 said:

Don't worry about that. The release version of P3D4 cam out just a couple of days before it was made public and even then it wasn't downloadable for a while. By the time I got it I was more anxious to test that FSUIPC5 still worked from previous Betas of P3D4 -- in fact it worked better.

The WARNING is just because of the last change in the P3D4 version number. It will be removed on the first FSUIPC5 update, whch won't be far off, I hope -- there are still things to add.

Pete

Wow, I seriously don't understand how people cannot read the stickies, the readmes, the posts in the same actual thread to get the answers they need. Presumably Pete will spend any money after development costs on a large cushion, to be placed on the desk, to reduce injuries every time he has to slam his head into it.

1) FSUIPC5 is a new product, you need to pay for it.

2) You can purchase a key on simmarket, when they make it available. It is not known exactly when it will become available.

3) Missing menus that are part of the registered product will not show up unless you register. You must register, when you can register. (See point 2) 

This seems fairly easy to follow for me at least.

Edited by Dave Hyde

29 minutes ago, Jas451 said:

Seems simMarket not in any hurry to get the license,s out. Been checking the site daily. Noticed this am that under Prepar3d v4 tools a new peice of software is shown, Voice Edit Pack. No sign of Fsuipc5. 

Yes, I guess their excuse is now, "But it's the weekend." 

Peter, I do wish you had another outlet for FSUIPC. Can you give out temporary keys? They only need to work for a couple days, week, month...? I promise I will purchase one when Sim Market allows me to.

John

3 hours ago, Dave Hyde said:

3) Missing menus that are part of the registered product will not show up unless you register. You must register, when you can register. (See point 2) 

That wasn't the case in previous versions. Wasn't there demo versions that showed buttons switches axiis.....etc? 

16 minutes ago, flightman49 said:

That wasn't the case in previous versions. Wasn't there demo versions that showed buttons switches axiis.....etc? 

No, never.

Pete

55 minutes ago, kolaf said:

Just bought the license :D

Me too!

Now, I promise I will quit fussing, Pete. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

John

I have purchased FSUIPC5 in SIMMARKET in the same account I used for previous FSUIPC and WIDEFS but the name in FSUIPC5 and WIDEFS are different .... in the first is included my first and my second family name but in WIDEFS only the first family name.

How can I solve that ?

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

I think you'll have to launch twice the FSUIPC installation and it will go

1 time for FSUIPC5 and 1 time for WideFS7

Best Regards

Thanks Gilles737 but I don't think so, because the instructions in .pdf included in the downloaded file say exactly :

" Please note that your name must be identical for both"

What I can't understand is why SIMMARKET has included two different names when purchased both programs.

Let's wait for Pete any answer

Regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928