The simFlight Network Forums
GSalden

FSUIPC5: Status Questions (from Announcements!)

Is there any progress in the Radar Contact display situation?

The current green display is ok but impossible to hide. Stays open all the time.

Rune B

33 minutes ago, Rudderduck said:

Is there any progress in the Radar Contact display situation?

Screen displays are one of the top two items requessted from L-M but they've not actually responded to any of my requests yet except to say some are easy and will be done and others are complicated and will take longer. Unfortunately they won't tell me which are which.

33 minutes ago, Rudderduck said:

Stays open all the time.

That shouldn't be so. If the program displays blank it should disappear. It would also disappear after so many seconds if the time parameter was not set to "forever" which it may well be.

Why not use ShowText or similar to move the display into a separate display altogether -- even to a networked PC if you have one?

Pete

I am actually running Radar Contact on a WideClient. But have no clue about how to use ShowText. Google got me nothing.

Green text window stays open as long as RC is running. Trying to hide or undock it and it pops back up.

Edit: Ok, found ShowText and reading me up on it.

Rune B

20 minutes ago, Rudderduck said:

I am actually running Radar Contact on a WideClient. But have no clue about how to use ShowText. Google got me nothing.

Why use Google? Look at the resources provided here and in your FSUIPC Documents folder!

ShowText was originally written for RC. See Download Links subforum ("Useful Additional Programs" thread).

Or use the ShowText lua plug-in provided in your Lua examples ZIP package.

Please do look in the places actually related to the tool you are using (i.e. FSUIPC).

Pete

ShowText would not work well, but got something working now with the 'text menu.lua' in the WideClient folder.

Thank's

Rune B

I bought FSUIPC4 with Wide 7 a few weeks ago and I was so impressed the product that I upgraded my PC to a new i7 (8cores) CPU, Nvidia 1080ti and installed FSW SE. 

Will FSUIPC5 work with Flight Sim World or do I need to switch to sim connect?

Edited by IT-Michael