The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

AI Enhanced Camera Views working in Prepar3D V4?

For those of you that have STB V3 working with Prepar3D V4, would you check something for me please?
1) Choose an AI aircraft on the board, left click and "View AI" it.  Looks OK?

2) Same AI aircraft, left click and choose the "Top Down" view.  This is one of the enhanced camera views.  In my case the model is not rendered, it's invisible.  All I see is the red label if you have that option enabled, and the navigation and beacon lights.

3) Same AI aircraft, left click and "View AI" again.  For me it's still invisible.

Summary: If I try to do an enhanced camera on a P3DV4 AI Aircraft, it's invisible for all views.  I'd like to see if this is a widespread problem before taking it to LM.

Thanks
Simon

OK many thanks.  It's in my list of things to do, which is to ask LM about it.  No easy task I'm afraid, as it has to be reproduced independently of STB.

Simon

I'm not feeling too optimistic about a fix as their forum has gone quiet.  It looks to me in Prepar3D the interior model should have been shown rather than the exterior model, so they had a bug which they fixed in V4.  If this is permanent it's a shame as I don't know another way of pointing a camera at an AI exterior model such that the camera moves with the AI.  However there are a few views not dependent on the model I could reintroduce, such as forward, rear and passenger view.  I'll give it some more time and hope.

Simon

• Upvote 1