The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

How to make STB V3 for Prepar3D-V3 work with Prepar3D-V4

flying-w    30

While we work on a new version of STB to support Prepar3D V4, here's some notes to make the existing product (STB for Prepar3D V) work with the new simulator.

View AI (Cameras.cfg)

• Locate the global camera configuration file, “Cameras.cfg”.  This is found in the Prepar3D V4 application data folder:

“C:\Users\<Windows user id>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4”

• Before making any changes, make a backup of this file!
  • Using a UTF aware editor such as “Notepad++”, edit the file and locate the following entry in the file:
    • [CameraDefinition.010]
    • Title = AI Planes
  • At the bottom of the above entry, add a new line containing the following:
    • HotKeySelect=5

Enhanced Camera Views (Prepar3D.cfg)

• Locate the simulator configuration file, “Prepar3D.cfg”.  This is found in the Prepar3D V4 application data folder:

“C:\Users\<Windows user id>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4”

• Before making any changes, make a backup of this file!
  • Using a UTF aware editor such as “Notepad++”, edit the Prepar3D configuration file and locate the [SIM] section.
  • Add the following line to the [SIM] section:
    • LoadAIVirtualCockpit=1

Flying-W Invisible Aircraft (Addon.xml)

• Locate the Prepar3D V4 add on folder in “My Documents”.  This is typically “Prepar3D V4 Add-ons”.
  • Create a folder called “STB V3.4 Common” in here.
  • Download the attached file (add-on.xml) and place it in STB V3.4 Common folder created above.
  • Using a UTF aware editor such as “Notepad++”, edit the xml file
  • Locate the line <Path>STB Install Path/Aircraft</Path>, and change “STB Install Path” to your actual STB installation directory.  Please ensure the path has “Aircraft” at the end, for example
    • <path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\Aircraft</path>

Known Limitations

A lot of infrastructure has changed in Prepar3D V4 which STB will need to “reinvent” its support for.  The following is a list of know restrictions with V4, there may be others.

• STBServer simulator plugin is not supported, which I turn means Delete AI and Approach Control may not work either.
  • Compile Airport Database, and hence the ability to list future flights yet to be operated by live AI aircraft in the simulator.
  • Depart Now, Arrive Now and Approach Now do not work.

add-on.xml

• Upvote 1

flying-w    30
4 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Hi Simon

How long till an update for V4? 

Not the answer you are looking for, but it will be as long as it takes.  I have to invent a brand new infrastructure to match all the changes made by LM with their "Addon.xml" facilities, it has a massive impact on STB.  Best thing you can do is keep an eye on http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83456-the-journey-to-prepar3d-v4/

That's where I'll share news when I have some.

Simon