The simFlight Network Forums

Memory checker?

Hello,

Having just read about the available memory checker in FSUIPC I hurriedly downloaded the latest version given my version was quite old and certainly had no such feature. Now I still can't find any way of enabling any such feature. Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong.

Regards,

Steve.

32 minutes ago, sshally said:

Having just read about the available memory checker in FSUIPC I hurriedly downloaded the latest version given my version was quite old and certainly had no such feature.

Which version of FS?  Please give version numbers both of FS and FSUIPC.

If you are using FS9 or before then, no, it doesn't exist.

For FSX and later only FSUIPC5 has no memory count, because it's the 64-bit version for P3D version 4, and the total VAS available is some enormous number.

Otherwise, in FSUIPC4, is is not a feature in the sense that a memory checker is incorporated. FSUIPC just keeps such a value in an offset for programs to read. You can Monitor it using the Monitor feature in the Logging tab, or run program to read it and display it 9not provided), or use a Lua plug-in (for which both a local and a WideFS version of a VAS Monitor are supplied in the Lua Examples installed).

Pete

Hi,

then that function is available for you, as Pete described above

Otherwise, in FSUIPC4, is is not a feature in the sense that a memory checker is incorporated. FSUIPC just keeps such a value in an offset for programs to read. You can Monitor it using the Monitor feature in the Logging tab, or run program to read it and display it (not provided), or use a Lua plug-in (for which both a local and a WideFS version of a VAS Monitor are supplied in the Lua Examples installed).

Thomas