Batflyer

No MT aircraft, followed checklist, what next?

3 posts in this topic

Sorry if my question already has been answered before. There are so many posts to browse.

I use Prepar3D v3.4 and don't see the MT aircraft. I followed the checklist and my conclusion is that the sim doesn't find the airplanes. When I move the folder B738MX to the folder P3D\simobjects\airplanes, I do see MT airplanes. But I don't know what to do next. Here are the lines in the respective files.

D:\MyTraffic_6\MyTraffic\Folders.txt

D:\MyTraffic_6\MyTraffic

D:\P3D\

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin|Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg

[Entry.10]

Title=MyTraffic

Path="D:\MyTraffic_6\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Required=False

Active=True

REQUIRED=TRUE

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin|Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg

[Area.120]

Title=MyTraffic

Local=D:\MyTraffic_6\MyTraffic

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=120

I see three lines in simobjects.cfg that seem to conflict. But when I remove one of the 'required' lines, I still don't see MT traffic and I also don't see the B738MX airplanes anymore. So what next?

Hans Hartvelt

The Netherlands

One way to test whether the simobjects.cfg entry is correct is to note the time it takes from starting the simulator to get past the splash screen to the scenario screen.  Removing or disabling the entry should significantly reduce the amount of time to scenario screen.

Simon

Hello Simon,

Thank you for answering. However I don't understand your reply. What has the starting time of the simulator to do with seeing or not seeing the airplanes of MyTraffic?

Hans Hartvelt

The Netherlands