The simFlight Network Forums

Content Errors P3DV4 hotfix 1

Bonjour Pete,

Since I updated P3DV4 to hotfix 1, when I quit the simulator, I have a message which indicate there is a content error telling me to look into the ContentErrors.txt.
This txt file is full of:

[error.0]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

[error.1]

[error.2]

etc.....

When FSUIPC is disable, no error message. Nothing specific in the FSUIPC log. I also tried with a new FSUIPC ini.

Strange! Any idea ?
Cheers

Claude

Yes I understand, but why is there no error when FSUIPC is disable ?

I have this behavior as soon as I updated the P3DV4 client. I also updated the P3DV4 content thinking it will fix the problem.
Yes before posting I updated to 5.103. 

Data processing is sometimes mysterious, and it is not necessarily a FSUIPC problem.

Claude

FSUIPC may be the only thing causing P3D to access that section of the Aircraft CFG.

As it didn't happen before the hotfix is might well be an L-M problem. Report it to them.

And without FSUIPC loaded, see if accessing the payloads menu in P3D causes them.

Pete

On 

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1

Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed an issue in VR views that prevented dynamic lighting in the right eye
    • Fixed memory leak related to external views and vehicle textures
    • Fixed performance impact when entering and then exiting VR
    • Fixed text label size mismatches in VR
    • Fixed the F-16 speedbrakes
    • Corrected an issue where a scenario saved from the startup screen would not be loaded after a reset
    • Preventing vehicle sounds from playing during load
    • Fixed a crash on startup due to controllers using bad port and hub values
    • Added an unobtrusive watermark for developer licenses
    • Fix for a crash when using index 0 with playload stations

Could it be a problem introduced with the fix in bold ?

Claude

5 minutes ago, Claude Troncy said:

Could it be a problem introduced with the fix in bold ?

Maybe. Sorry, I don't know.

Generally there can be lots of "content errors" logged. You can worry about then, report them, or ...  just switch them off.

Pete

So after deleting the Prepar3D.cfg everything seems to be OK. No more content errors.
When I said there a lot of mystery in all this stuff.
Thanks Pete for your time.
Cheers

Claude

Edit..

No mystery at all ! the error disapears because the "report content errors" was unchecked in the new Prepar3D.cfg

Hi Pete,

After updating P3D v4 with Hotfix 1 the content error happens.
FSUIPC updated to v5.103

If fsuipc is disabled then there is no more this content error about station load.

[error.0]

[error.1]

[error.2]

[error.3]

This issue only happens with FSUIPC enabled, if you disable fsuipc then P3D no longer complains about a Payload station indexes error.

However I rely on fsuipc for my control input assignments so I cannot disable it.

We already posted this at LM support page.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125545

LM has now marked the post as [Resolved] because removing FSUIPC from the equation resolves the issue, so in retrospect LM thinks the problem is related to FSUIPC.

This error happens on All aircraft, default and addons.

1 hour ago, jannier said:

After updating P3D v4 with Hotfix 1 the content error happens.
FSUIPC updated to v5.103

If fsuipc is disabled then there is no more this content error about station load.

See earlier posts in this thread.  It's the same thing, as you must have seen else why add to it. but then why repeat it almost word for word. I explained why it probably only happens with FSUIPC -- the payload stations are always read, via SimConnect, by FSUIPC.

However I rely on fsuipc for my control input assignments so I cannot disable it.

What is the problem facing you in any case? The content errors are advisory. They don't cause a problem. There are often hundreds of them with some add-ons. Just turn the reporting off if it worries you. It's an option mainly intended to help content add-on providers to debug their products.

It has to be an error in P3d related to the HotFix. "Content errors" are just that, errors in the content, not errors in an application.

I see it isn't only marked as "RESOLVED" but the thread has been locked too, with no sign of anyone in L-M contributing one word. I find that odd and rather irritating and I've written to them about it.

Pete

In answer to your first comment I refer to the SDK Content Error reporting..

"As a Prepar3D Solution Developer, it is essential to turn Content Error Reporting on while developing add-on content as every error or invalid implementation in content can slow down the overall program."

On the subject of the error I commented out the entries in the F22 aircraftcfg for the defauylt F22 and sttill get the errors...

//station_load.0     =     170.00,      0.0,        0.00,      0.00     
//station_name.0    = "Pilot"

//max_number_of_stations    = 5

Jorge

Hi Pete,

There is now another post over at LM forums regarding this.
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125549

LM's Mike Schroeter comments here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125549#p161753

I just wonder why this error only appears with FSUIPC installed.

FSUIPC not installed or disabled = no payload content error

FSUIPC installed and enabled = payload content error on ALL aircraft default, freeware or payware

Jannie

I just wonder why this error only appears with FSUIPC installed.

Probably because only FSUIPC is querying Payloads so its offsets are correctly populated for applications to access -- as it has done, using the correct SIMCONNECT requests, and code unchanged, since 2005.

It is easy to blame FSUIPC. I get used to it (though it is really depressing). But in this case it should be obvious that it is down to something changed in the P3D HotFix.

I have added appropriate comments to the thread you referenced.

Pete

As an aside with this, I've just turning on Content Error reporting, and i get 999 entries! I susepct it would be a lot more if it counted any higher.

These include one caused by FSDT's AddonManager, a couple of XML sysntax errors in LM's own "DISConfiguration.xml" file, errors loading DLLs from the default P3D ProgramData folder (TargetInfo.dll, Fsury_1500.dll), one about the RAASPRO.DLL installed by the P3D4 version of PMDG's 747 being 32-bit not 64-bit, and the other many hindreds complaining about MyTraffic6 aircraft CFG files with "Duplicate Key Names".

Pete