The simFlight Network Forums
Ray Proudfoot

Multiple black aircraft in P3D v3.4 - MT Pro v6.0a

I am investigating why frame rates are so poor at KORD (FSDT) on the initial load and for the next couple of minutes. It's definitely connected to the Ai because with MT6 disabled the frame rates are 60+ as soon as the scenery is loaded.

This screenshot taken from the Cub in P3D v3.4 shows several aircraft with blacked-out fuselages. There are more around the terminal buildings, perhaps 15-20 overall.

I have plenty of VAS remaining - over 2Gb so it's very difficult to work out what is going wrong. With MT6 scenery enabled the frame rate on first load is around 14 but within two minutes it has climbed to 30-35.

Clearly there are two issues here:- 1) Very poor fps whilst the Ai loading is taking place and 2) multiple blacked out aircraft for which I have no answer.

The blacked-out aircraft appear at many airports including KLAX and EGLL. Any ideas what's gone wrong?

P3D_KORD_FPS17.png?dl=0

Problem solved. I was still using the MyTraffic entry in scenery.cfg. Instead I followed the instructions in creating an add-on.xml written by Elaine here. It solved the problem of black aircraft but the slow fps problem still exists. Takes over one minute to climb from 12 to 40.

On 30/06/2017 at 3:27 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Problem solved. I was still using the MyTraffic entry in scenery.cfg. Instead I followed the instructions in creating an add-on.xml written by Elaine here. It solved the problem of black aircraft but the slow fps problem still exists. Takes over one minute to climb from 12 to 40.

Is the FPS impact caused by jetway movements for the AI aircraft?

1 hour ago, flying-w said:

Is the FPS impact caused by jetway movements for the AI aircraft?

No, don't think so. It seems worst at KORD and after a minute or so everything is fine. Just a really long time to get everything loaded and stabilised.